OMG- comp cruise

dog

1 minute ago, lahlah57 said:

That there premium package is worth its weight in gold or top shelf hooch to say the least 😉 

Would never pay for it, but I won’t get my hopes set that this is for real.

3 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I'm seeing it too but am too chicken to actually book it 🙂 

Screenshot 2024-05-01 9.02.14 PM.png

That's exactly what I see.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

I’m sorely tempted to proceed, but isn’t the Star still under construction? So this would be one of the early voyages? I don’t want to risk the expense of flights and hotel etc if the voyage is delayed. 

but why are they doing this???

Worse case- they cancel more sailings and give you FCC bonus.

I only book Refundable air with my aeroplan miles.

Insurance- annual travel medical. Not worth the Platinum policy for this.

checking to see if it is on my credit card.

yep, it is on posted to my credit card

Edited by dog

It let me select a cabana mini suite and then wanted a total of $570 -- $400 non-refundable deposit that would convert to OBC onboard, and $170 taxes/port fees.  By the time I came back here and posted the screen shot above, and then went back to the Princess screen, it suddenly said no rooms were available.  Either they figured it out or everyone here on CC is frantically booking free rooms 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, I had a choice of Cabana Mini suites to choose from. Now they’re not available. I guess other people aren’t so chicken!

• Like 2

I had my heart set on a Transatlantic and am booked on the Sun.But this is too good to pass up so I booked and managed to grab a cabana deck suite. If it doesn’t pan out, I’ll still have my Sun and lose very little as my deposit was only for a solo

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

20 minutes ago, I had a choice of Cabana Mini suites to choose from. Now they’re not available. I guess other people aren’t so chicken!

I just saw 11415 available still! IMG_3984.thumb.png.86928195b7a2a6bb20857a540b9c18c1.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Mine only shows Princess Plus… I think this is real???

My travel summary has it all listed. It is premium.

Roll Call started.

Last night we saw a -0- offer for 17 night Boston/Greenland/Boston for Aug 2024 on the Emerald Princess, includes Princess plus too, same terms $200 pp deposit refundable upon embarking.  We booked the cruise!  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dog said:

I can still get the offer at $0

Dog, does your confirmation state Premium ? Mine only shows Gratuity but if I try to purchase package, it says already have premium 

• Like 1

Used a FCC, booked a non-Reserve Cabana Mini as a solo, got the ins, and paid $224.  Got my Booking Confirmation from Princess. Guess I’m going to Barcelona!

This is just bizarre. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FLAlaska said:

Dog, does your confirmation state Premium ? Mine only shows Gratuity but if I try to purchase package, it says already have premium 

Yes the travel summary in personalizer has all special services listed for each of us. The full premium package. $20 drinks, multi device $800+ drinks etc

2 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

Used a FCC, booked a non-Reserve Cabana Mini as a solo, got the ins, and paid $224.  Got my Booking Confirmation from Princess. Guess I’m going to Barcelona!

This is just bizarre. 

Welcome aboard, maybe.

So I confirmed that this *is* the inaugural voyage.  We’re guinea pigs. Things won’t be ready, and they’ll probably cancel.

Question is, will they cancel before or after my flight to Barcelona has taken off? Maybe I’ll use EZ-Air for this one…

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

So I confirmed that this *is* the inaugural voyage.  We’re guinea pigs. Things won’t be ready, and they’ll probably cancel.

Question is, will they cancel before or after my flight to Barcelona has taken off? Maybe I’ll use EZ-Air for this one…

I’m not worried in the least. This could all go poof by morning. There are others who have had these offers and it has worked out for them.

Flights don’t open up for months and hotels can be booked last minute. Spain is lovely if we get there and no cruise.

Edited by dog
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

I see on their site, the inaugural is on Oct 4

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We are trying to book Greenland but it didn’t go through.  Trying again. 

This happened to me a few times so I called my PVP and he was able to book it without any issues.
Easy peazy 😁

• Like 1