Bright Lights Society - A Cunard First

A first from the all new Queen Anne Bright Lights Society entertainment venue with Solent Richard and Solent Barbara. IMG_1118.thumb.jpeg.c968b843dbff9fa0266a261eee4d295a.jpeg

IMG_1124.thumb.jpeg.f76969900b240884e3373442b19b79fa.jpeg

IMG_1117.thumb.jpeg.1d4b9397c64d06ceb1d4b0530b2f372b.jpeg

an altogether outstanding new venture.

IMG_1116.jpeg

IMG_1116.jpeg

IMG_1126.jpeg

1 minute ago, Solent Richard said:

A first from the all new Queen Anne Bright Lights Society entertainment venue with Solent Richard and Solent Barbara. IMG_1118.thumb.jpeg.c968b843dbff9fa0266a261eee4d295a.jpeg

Is that you in the cage? 🤣

1 hour ago, D&N said:

Is that you in the cage? 🤣

Heavy audience participation but not me, though my thx was later utilised as a prop to save a lady’s modesty…..

IMG_1128.thumb.jpeg.833c5bd1329670adcff42a57021cf9da.jpeg

😂

• Like 2

Pre-publicity was quite confusing.

It has to be booked, but there is no charge for the show. There is a drinks service which, like everywhere else on the ship, is charged. 

It is the same show, twice a night, every night, at least on this voyage. I guess they may introduce a different show at some point.

The same venue is also used as the late night disco.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ClaireRuss said:

Was there a cost for this show. I recall seeing somewhere that is was bookable for an extra charge. How does that work?

Booked on the ‘My Cunard’ app and no charge. Very popular.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BellaAnna said:

Excuse my ignorance…. How do you get the My Cunard app? I’ve searched my App Store and cannot locate it. 

Its not an app, you will be able to access the My Voyage web page when onboard and connected to their Wifi. You won't need a wifi package to view this page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ClaireRuss said:

Its not an app, you will be able to access the My Voyage web page when onboard and connected to their Wifi. You won't need a wifi package to view this page.

Thank you!!

3 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

It is the same show, twice a night, every night, at least on this voyage. I guess they may introduce a different show at some point.

The same venue is also used as the late night disco.

I distinctly remember Cunard promoting it as “no two nights are ever the same.” Guess that was aspirational 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Austcruiser84 said:

I distinctly remember Cunard promoting it as “no two nights are ever the same.” Guess that was aspirational 🤷‍♂️ 

Perhaps not.

The current show has been described as having "Heavy audience participation". If much of it is unscripted and the supporting actors are constantly changing it may well be different every show.

1 minute ago, D&N said:

Perhaps not.

The current show has been described as having "Heavy audience participation". If much of it is unscripted and the supporting actors are constantly changing it may well be different every show.

Sounds as if it is well worth avoiding. 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Sounds as if it is well worth avoiding. 😀

Or get a seat in the back row to avoid being called up. Shows like that can be funny or cringe-worthy, and it's a fine line.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Or get a seat in the back row to avoid being called up. Shows like that can be funny or cringe-worthy, and it's a fine line.

I’m sure you were like me and always homed in on the pupils sitting at the back. 😀

Edited by exlondoner
  • Haha 1

Just now, exlondoner said:

I’m sure you were like and always homed in on the pupils sitting at the back. 😀

I once assigned the class clown to a seat in the back row so his antics (generally mimed, not vocal) distracted only me, but not the other students. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I’m sure you were like me and always homed in on the pupils sitting at the back. 😀

Definitely and those that never put their hands up. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I once assigned the class clown to a seat in the back row so his antics (generally mimed, not vocal) distracted only me, but not the other students. 

Bet they hated that loosing their “audience”.

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Or get a seat in the back row to avoid being called up. 

As you were seated several people, myself included, were asked if they would be willing to participate, I declined.  There was no pressure and it wasn't done during the show.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I was that class clown…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/5/2024 at 10:28 AM, ClaireRuss said:

Does it have any more information or functions than I can see on my computer at home? Like see menus or daily programs?

12 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Does it have any more information or functions than I can see on my computer at home? Like see menus or daily programs?

Sorry, no, the My Voyage process is based on connecting to the intranet site "myvoyage.cunard.com" once onboard ship using the ship's wifi. None of the information found on My Voyage can be accessed from home.

There is a webpage for "myvoyage.cunard.com" which you can access now from home, but it won't get you very far. That page simply discusses accessing the real site once on board and how to bookmark it on your device for easy access.

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

Sorry, no, the My Voyage process is based on connecting to the intranet site "myvoyage.cunard.com" once onboard ship using the ship's wifi. None of the information found on My Voyage can be accessed from home.

There is a webpage for "myvoyage.cunard.com" which you can access now from home, but it won't get you very far. That page simply discusses accessing the real site once on board and how to bookmark it on your device for easy access.

What information will it provide once I'm onboard?