Air Conditioning (Carnival Cut Back by Increasing the Temp)

Just off the Pride on 5/5/24 and had no problems with cooling.  Both the stateroom and public areas were kept cool.  We had great weather, and the only hot spots were on the decks in the sun!   

Our last cruise on the Horizon was really warm in our room.   Woke up sweating every night.   Mentioned it to the room steward several times and they had someone come by.  It was cooler two days, but that didn't last.  We do keep it pretty cold in our home 68-69.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I definitely noticed a difference on vista class and newer. Also less closets. My theory has been one less closet.

larger AC.

Before Vista class there was no individual AC

• Like 3

I dont know what is going on but our balcony cabin on the Horizon last year in January was about 77 degrees early on during the cruuse. Called maintenance,  they tried to fix it. It cooled down to the mid 70s. Not ideal for sleeping that's for sure. I noticed our cabin on Mardi Grad was slightly warmer than normal this past January. Prior to this I always thought we had cool cabins. 

Generally, I am always cold and never hot.

Maybe they are adjusting the temps!

Just off Firenze 4/25 sailing - room temp had to be adjusted because it was too cold. I carried a jacket every evening because almost every venue on the ship was cool. (FYI, I run hot at home and never need a jacket before DH).

On 5/8/2024 at 7:59 AM, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

I need to jump to the newer larger ships then! My last few cruises have been on the Elation and Sunshine, and the A/C isn't get on those. 

I just got off Sunshine last week and the ac was actually cold. I was shocked, I'm the one crying about the room being to warm, lol. It was a spa balcony on 11. I honestly can't remember how Elation was pre-covid when I sailed her. Honestly, I've had more warm than cool rooms on any of them.

On one of the older ships a couple years back our room was unreasonably warm.  First, we thought it was because we were still in port.. then we thought it was because we had just come in from the hot.  When we finally did contact the staff, they came in and measured the temp.  The tech threw the thermometer on the bed.  It must have been too warm because he walked over and opened the cabin door... Wait.  I want the room to be comfortable with the door closed.  They brought us a huge fan to use for the remainder of the trip and it did keep the room cooler, but it was not ideal.  Of course, a good excuse to stay out of the room 😉

On 5/7/2024 at 2:29 PM, Indiansbaseball said:

No, that wasn’t our experience. Just off Magic and I had to turn it way up. I’m never cold ! 

Thanks. I guess will ask for plush blue blankets in cabin.

Can I ask what time embarkation started? or earliest boarding pass reservation time was. 

On 5/7/2024 at 9:30 PM, vwrestler171 said:

I've never had what I consider a "cool" room on Carnival.  Each room is warm and I use a fan.  

I have been cold in every room we have had and throughout the ship.  My husband loves it.  I prefer it a little warmer.  One of the reasons I love extended balconies so I can go relax outside in the warmth while my husband relaxes in our room.  We always seem to need a mid day break away from all the people and activities to recharge ourselves for the rest of the day.