Excursions not available

Hi - long-time lurker here, but experienced cruiser. I've looked for this, but my apologies if I missed it. We are taking our family on the Getaway this November from New Orleans to Costa Maya, Harvest Caye, Roatan, and Cozumel. Historically, my wife and I lean towards third party excursions, but occasionally find those through the cruise line we like.

For this cruise, there is only one excursion currently posted for Roatan and 49 for Cozumel. No excursions for Costa Maya/Harvest Caye. Am I missing something here? I assume the other excursions would be posted later, but I am surprised that they aren't available now - even though we are approximately six months away from embarkation.

Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm cruising on the Getaway end of October, similar or same itinerary.  I was surprised yesterday to see ZERO available excursions when my January cruise on the Prima has excursions available.  I was concerned that they were already sold out.

2 hours ago, Sprnplr said:

Hi - long-time lurker here, but experienced cruiser. I've looked for this, but my apologies if I missed it. We are taking our family on the Getaway this November from New Orleans to Costa Maya, Harvest Caye, Roatan, and Cozumel. Historically, my wife and I lean towards third party excursions, but occasionally find those through the cruise line we like.

For this cruise, there is only one excursion currently posted for Roatan and 49 for Cozumel. No excursions for Costa Maya/Harvest Caye. Am I missing something here? I assume the other excursions would be posted later, but I am surprised that they aren't available now - even though we are approximately six months away from embarkation.

We are on the Escape out of Galveston in December to the same ports and there were many excursions at all ports except Costa Maya (we don't dock there until 2pm, so that is likely the reason).  

Lot's of options in Roatan for us to choose and we booked a catamaran and snorkel.

Shocked that nothing shows for Harvest Caye since most are "on island" and don't need contracts with 3rd parties.  You should see things like Jet ski's, parasailing, maybe even a couple of day-long excursions for snorkeling and/or fishing off island.

My guess, if you are not seeing things, is that many are already booked?  

Perhaps worth a call or at least a chat on the NCL site to try to see what's up.

I'm on the Jade in August. A few weeks ago we were notified about itinerary changes and all excursions were pulled. The other day there were 3 total excursions offered then it jumped to 4. Yesterday it showed 16 available but only for Cozumel. 

I like to plan ahead so this is driving me crazy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I'm on the Jade in August. A few weeks ago we were notified about itinerary changes and all excursions were pulled. The other day there were 3 total excursions offered then it jumped to 4. Yesterday it showed 16 available but only for Cozumel. 

I like to plan ahead so this is driving me crazy.

I’m on Jade 6/15 and itinerary was changed as well 3 weeks ago, no excursions except for Cozumel and we are 33 days out. The excursions listed for Cozumel16 of them are repetitive just different vendors.

At this point if I could cancel and not lose all my money I would and book something else

• Like 1

NCL needs to get it together in regards to excursions.

We have a Canada/ New England cruise booked on Jade in September. One of the reasons I picked this cruise was because it goes to PEI. I wanted to see the Anne of Green Gables house. None of their excursions include this. I won't be using my 50 dollar excursion credit here, and we will just explore on our own. Luckily I have a Princess cruise booked with a similar itinerary for August. They had more than one excursion that included a stop at the Anne of Green Gables house and museum. We picked the shorter one that just goes to the house. We have never been to PEI before and I did not want to venture that far out without a ship excursion.

I know a lot of people never do ship excursions but I like the convenience and comfort level of booking with the cruise line. They generally won't leave without you if you are delayed getting back to port when your excursion is through the ship. Very rarely they may have to leave, but they will catch you back up to the ship if this happens.

18 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

NCL needs to get it together in regards to excursions.

We have a Canada/ New England cruise booked on Jade in September. One of the reasons I picked this cruise was because it goes to PEI. I wanted to see the Anne of Green Gables house. None of their excursions include this. I won't be using my 50 dollar excursion credit here, and we will just explore on our own. Luckily I have a Princess cruise booked with a similar itinerary for August. They had more than one excursion that included a stop at the Anne of Green Gables house and museum. We picked the shorter one that just goes to the house. We have never been to PEI before and I did not want to venture that far out without a ship excursion.

I know a lot of people never do ship excursions but I like the convenience and comfort level of booking with the cruise line. They generally won't leave without you if you are delayed getting back to port when your excursion is through the ship. Very rarely they may have to leave, but they will catch you back up to the ship if this happens.

Probably sold out already. My 2 Canada/NE cruises have numerous excursions to the Anne house.  

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2024 at 1:25 PM, Sprnplr said:

Too soon, try back later. You have 6 months to go. I'm not surprised there aren't more listed.

My NCL cruise from Boston to Quebec City next year offers “The Ultimate Anne of Green Gables Experience” as a shore excursion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, njkate said:

I’m on Jade 6/15 and itinerary was changed as well 3 weeks ago, no excursions except for Cozumel and we are 33 days out. The excursions listed for Cozumel16 of them are repetitive just different vendors.

At this point if I could cancel and not lose all my money I would and book something else

Yes, I agree. I would book something else also if I could. I really wanted Key West since I have had it cancelled before. 

I've never seen the excursions so "messed up" as far as availability. 

ZERO excursions on my late October Getaway cruise. 

I keep looking at excursions for my January Prima cruise. 

- Not interested in Great stirrup Cay excursions. 

- NO excursions at Tortula, BVI. 

- THREE excursions at St. John's, but not sure I want to do any of them.  One is a "maybe" but probably not.  

- Phillipsburg has a lot of excursions.  I have booked one with friends

- San Juan has several excursions including the one to accompany a mobility impaired, but the one for the mobility impaired passenger is NOT listed

- Puerto Plata has ONE excursion available

- NO excursions for Georgetown 

- NO excursions for Cozumel

I wouldn't worry about Roatan. It'll be easy enough to find a tour when you get to the port. As you walk from the ship toward the little tourist village they have set up, stop by the blue (I think they're blue) sheds. You'll be able to find a tour you want. They had options that included all the sloths, beaches, zip lines, chocolate factories (rip offs), and rum cake factories (rip offs) you could ever desire. We were happy with our experience there.

When is your cruise? Depending on the date, all excursions could be sold out or may not be loaded if it's way in the future.