Elite loyalty status

9 minutes ago, Alaska05 said:

I saw one man on my recent Alaska cruise sit down with 2 of the premium ice cream desserts.  He proceeded to eat both!  He was an averaged size man.

Do that often and you won’t be average size for long. LOL

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Alaska05 said:

I saw one man on my recent Alaska cruise sit down with 2 of the premium ice cream desserts.  He proceeded to eat both!  He was an averaged size man.

So, it's only 2 per day.

21 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

But we do tip considerably extra for laundry handling and minibar change outs. 

Oh, wait. That’s a different thread. 

I tip for minibar changes as all room service. Do my own laundry as I've had blue socks returned pale beige (got the color out) & jeans bleached 

3 hours ago, memoak said:

I still have never seen any paperwork saying that elite status = free tokens

By the time a customer reaches elite status, they usually know that everything isn't documented on paper.  We've been getting free laundry tokens ever since we turned elite.  If we have some left over, we just use them on the next cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiliconCruiser said:

By the time a customer reaches elite status, they usually know that everything isn't documented on paper.  We've been getting free laundry tokens ever since we turned elite.  If we have some left over, we just use them on the next cruise.

When I turned Elite, I forgot where the laundromat was!  Free laundry is the best Elite perk and I hope it isn't gutted like the Internet perk was.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kay S said:

When I turned Elite, I forgot where the laundromat was!  Free laundry is the best Elite perk and I hope it isn't gutted like the Internet perk was.

It is a great perk however everything they launder goes in at the same temp. There are some things we want to do on delicate so we bring some soap sheets and spend $6 about once a week

3 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Back when we turned elite it was quarters not tokens. I am not going to run around to save a few pennies

On 5/19/2024 at 5:44 PM, bellebaby said:

Earlier this month on the Discovery, the machines in the Laundry Rooms were "free".  No token required for anyone.  Detergent and dryer sheets were also available to use without charge.

B

I will be on the discovery next week and I'm happy to hear that it's free.  I am elite and I prefer to do my own laundry but I'm wondering if it's free are the laundry rooms very busy?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gerig said:

I will be on the discovery next week and I'm happy to hear that it's free.  I am elite and I prefer to do my own laundry but I'm wondering if it's free are the laundry rooms very busy?

Ever since we turned Elite, I've just gone down to the Guest Services desk and asked for laundry tokens; they will provide them to you without charge.  Win-win, they don't have to do your laundry for free if you do it yourself.for free.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2024 at 8:35 AM, 555 said:

If they'll allow you to only have them eliminate everything but the ice cream then we can certainly eat two a day or maybe 1 piece a of cake & one ice cream.

Was on the Ruby and Grand this past Mar - May.  I ordered whatever ever comes with the  Oreo cookie (that's what I really wanted).  Only asked for vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup and the Oreo.  No Oreos at that time so had a Snickers Bar  instead of the Oreo.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

While on the Island Princess in November, after not having been able to finish one of the premium ice cream desserts. The next time, I asked for 1 scoop of ice cream with chocolate sauce and the suckers (they were wrapped to take home for my granddaughter).  After that the server would say “1 scoop with chocolate sauce and suckers”.  We had a laugh that she would remember.

Edited by phabric
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2024 at 12:27 AM, Thrak said:

My wife was denied free tokens on Royal Princess - May 2022 12 Day Alaska cruise - and again on Grand Princess - October 2023 63 day B2B2B2B, etc.  (6 cruises segments in a row.) On the Alaska cruise on Royal Princess I asked because I had been to FIVE decks and found the token machines our of order. Too bad, so sad... (I did finally find a deck where the token machine worked thanks to the assistance of another cruiser.) On Grand Princess it was my wife who asked. There "may" have been a different answer if I had asked but I'm not real sure about that. While it seems wrong that others have received free laundry tokens as an Elite benefit it really didn't break the bank to pay to do our own laundry when we wanted to do so.

I was denied free tokens in the fall on the Grand as well. It turned out that one individual working at the Elite and Suite station at Guest Services was unaware of the policy. Going when someone else was there solved the problem and they very nicely promised to clear up their co-worker’s misunderstanding.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2024 at 5:43 PM, SiliconCruiser said:

Ever since we turned Elite, I've just gone down to the Guest Services desk and asked for laundry tokens; they will provide them to you without charge.  Win-win, they don't have to do your laundry for free if you do it yourself.for free.

Yes, and thats the scenario that happened to me with 2 different GS desk clerks.

I usually ask for about 4.  Thats 2 loads of wash/dry.

The third GS person was quite rude insisting twice, We DO  charge for these.

So I handed them back to him and said, I don't need them that bad, I will get

from a different ship if Sky doesn't want to.

The next day I had a conversation with the GS Mgr.

She basically told me, Yes they Can charge, but don't want to.  Would rather just hand a few coins to Elites. I get the drift its Corporate that wants them to charge elites!

GS agrees with the Elites, you are doing Laundry Staff a favor by doing your Own laundry!

And GS thinks its silly to charge us too!  (this was Off the record of course)

So my next load of laudry I sent out as Elite perk? 

Figures... it took 4 days, yes.... 4 DAYS to get my clothes back!

I'd rather do it myself.  And will continue to ask GS for coins when I need to.

• Like 1