Churrascaria Grill on Sapphire Princess

is says coming soon... Any menus out there from Diamond?

Sterling Steakhouse

It’s dining with a side of excitement at the all-new Churrascaria Brazilian Grill. Quality meats boasting bold South American flavors are cooked to perfection in the tasty tradition of grilling churrasco style. Then our servers present these flavorful cuts on vertical skewers — and hand-carve them right onto your plate. Filet mignon, barbecued pork ribs, leg of lamb ... enjoy them all. Connect, sip Brazilian-inspired cocktails and get ready for a meal you’ll savor.

Available on Diamond Princess® and coming soon to Sapphire Princess®

Posted (edited)

Several people on the current Sapphire propulsion thread have commented the new restaurant was sprung on cruisers with no notice who had booked specialty dining at Sterling Steakhouse. It's in the same buffet location as Sterling Steakhouse apparently. Haven't seen any menus yet as the focus of that thread is the itinerary issues. 

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Several people on the current Sapphire propulsion thread have commented the new restaurant was sprung on cruisers with no notice who had booked specialty dining at Sterling Steakhouse. It's in the same buffet location as Sterling Steakhouse apparently. Haven't seen any menus yet as the focus of that thread is the itinerary issues. 

Yes, I noticed that thread but haven't read everything. Sapphire is the ship scheduled for Antarctica cruises starting in December. A little concerning, but I can't do much about that. But a cruiser has to eat... 🙂

27 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Yes, I noticed that thread but haven't read everything. Sapphire is the ship scheduled for Antarctica cruises starting in December. A little concerning, but I can't do much about that. But a cruiser has to eat... 🙂

Agreed 🙂  I was just chiming in that several people had noted the restaurant was in fact open already (not 'coming soon') but given the other issues nobody had commented on the menu.  Hopefully when the repair issues get resolved we'll get more run of the mill cruise feedback.  We board the Sapphire soon so I'm anxiously following along to see how it will all impact our trip. 

My ressies have been switched to the Brazilian restaurant from sterling steakhouse. Ugh. We just went last month to one of these for my bday. I wanted more of a fine dining experience being it is our 39th anniversary. Crud. 

Just now, dizgal64 said:

My ressies have been switched to the Brazilian restaurant from sterling steakhouse. Ugh. We just went last month to one of these for my bday. I wanted more of a fine dining experience being it is our 39th anniversary. Crud. 

Hard to call any meal served in the buffet area fine dining

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dizgal64 said:

Sterling steakhouse was in the buffet area?

Yep. It was in a portion of the buffet. If you look at deck plans you will not find a separate dining room for them

Man if I would have known that I’d just eat in the MDR. Much quieter I’m sure. But now I’ll never get a reservation there. Idk. So, so many things have happened with our cruise planning, it’s been a nightmare. And now propulsion issues? Second cruise with princess and I believe it will be our last. We’ve been with 3 other cruise lines and they were much better. Ugh. 

16 minutes ago, dizgal64 said:

Man if I would have known that I’d just eat in the MDR. Much quieter I’m sure. But now I’ll never get a reservation there. Idk. So, so many things have happened with our cruise planning, it’s been a nightmare. And now propulsion issues? Second cruise with princess and I believe it will be our last. We’ve been with 3 other cruise lines and they were much better. Ugh. 

You don't need reservations for the MDR. Walk-ups are happily accommodated, possibly with a short wait, depending on dining time.. 

Sterling Steakhouse is/was a portion of the buffet. Back corner. Screened off and setup with white linens, flowers, table service, etc just like CG.  While yes, buffet area, it didn't really feel like it and it was somewhat screened off an private - no doubt the new venue is similar in setup..

Instead - for a truly memorable and amazing intimate romantic anniversary meal - consider the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

$110 total for two. Includes a four course meal served course by course, with filet and lobster, welcome cocktail, half bottle champagne, flowers you keep and a photo you keep. It's amazing, delicious, paced really well, the staff is usually quite unobtrusive and anticipatory. So much more special and intimate than banquet dining in MDR or specialty - and minimal extra cost, particularly with the included drinks and keepsakes..

Happy anniversary and enjoy.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

You don't need reservations for the MDR. Walk-ups are happily accommodated, possibly with a short wait, depending on dining time.. 

Sterling Steakhouse is/was a portion of the buffet. Back corner. Screened off and setup with white linens, flowers, table service, etc just like CG.  While yes, buffet area, it didn't really feel like it and it was somewhat screened off an private - no doubt the new venue is similar in setup..

Instead - for a truly memorable and amazing intimate romantic anniversary meal - consider the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

$110 total for two. Includes a four course meal served course by course, with filet and lobster, welcome cocktail, half bottle champagne, flowers you keep and a photo you keep. It's amazing, delicious, paced really well, the staff is usually quite unobtrusive and anticipatory. So much more special and intimate than banquet dining in MDR or specialty - and minimal extra cost, particularly with the included drinks and keepsakes..

Happy anniversary and enjoy.

Thank you for the idea. But we are with family, another couple and their first cruise so wanted it special. It’s ok. Now reservations are the least of my concern with a ship that needs help. Haha 

I recently experienced a Brazilian Dinner in Hawaii for $79 per person.  I would not do this again.  I can't say how it is on a ship, but I would never eat my way through the cost to break even.  The food was good.  The experience was one and done.  I have heard that the Sterling Steakhouse was much better than the Crown Grill.  Too bad Princess decided on this change.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dizgal64 said:

Same here - and I'd never have known if I hadn't read about it on the Sapphire propulsion thread. We had 2 Sterling reservations for our 6/8 sailing - not a fan of churrascaria at all and there were comments somewhere about sides and salads being at the buffet - WHAT?! I'll probably end up canceling the reservations once on board but do want to check the menu first. But then again who knows if my cruise will even be sailing at this rate! Kind of annoying they didn't notify people with existing Sterling reservations of the change.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Auntiejo said:

Same here - and I'd never have known if I hadn't read about it on the Sapphire propulsion thread. We had 2 Sterling reservations for our 6/8 sailing - not a fan of churrascaria at all and there were comments somewhere about sides and salads being at the buffet - WHAT?! I'll probably end up canceling the reservations once on board but do want to check the menu first. But then again who knows if my cruise will even be sailing at this rate! Kind of annoying they didn't notify people with existing Sterling reservations of the change.

Didn’t you know the steak house was just a cordoned off portion of the buffet with tablecloths ?  That ship has never had a stand alone steak house 

14 minutes ago, memoak said:

Didn’t you know the steak house was just a cordoned off portion of the buffet with tablecloths ?  That ship has never had a stand alone steak house 

Yep I sure did! We typically sail Royal class ships and love the Crown Grill concept there. While obviously a cordoned off area at the back of the buffet doesn't have the same ambiance, we wanted to give Sterling a try on Sapphire since it's the same menu, and being we will be in Alaska, we looked at the large windows as being a positive in spite of the less than perfect location. In addition to that, it's only 1 of 2 specialty dining options on board so we couldn't afford to be too picky.

My comments were expressing my disappointment in booking the Sterling Steakhouse and it switching to an entirely different restaurant concept without any communication from Princess about the change.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Auntiejo said:

Which sailing are you on? I’m on 5/25

• Like 1

I'm happy with the change. I've heard about cruise ship steaks being mostly subpar and a cordoned off area of buffet seating seems pretty cheesy to me. Besides, I can cook a delicious steak on my Traeger at home whenever but I can't have 5 different cooked meats brought to me tableside at home. I'll go with an open mind. And FWIW I'm on Sapphire 6/1 and expect her to be running full steam by then. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Auntiejo said:

I doubt the sides and salads are at the same buffet the common people use.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I doubt the sides and salads are at the same buffet the common people use.

Yes, it is. People on the Diamond reported it in this forum. The waiters get the sides just from Horizon Court galley. And so is the beef.

33 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

Yes, it is. People on the Diamond reported it in this forum. The waiters get the sides just from Horizon Court galley. And so is the beef.

Sharing a kitchen makes sense, don't ya think? But that is much different than sharing a buffet line.

Just now, BlerkOne said:

Sharing a kitchen makes sense, don't ya think? But that is much different than sharing a buffet line.

Without alternative up there on Lido deck, that's for sure. But several people in this forum reported chaos and they got their sides after they finished the main (Diamond). Waiters walkways too long maybe. Even if they do not stand in the lines.

1 minute ago, EDVM96 said:

Without alternative up there on Lido deck, that's for sure. But several people in this forum reported chaos and they got their sides after they finished the main (Diamond). Waiters walkways too long maybe. Even if they do not stand in the lines.

I didn't notice any chaos in the pictures. Or lines. I think likely there is a learning curve on something that just started. 

There certainly seems to be resentment by some on the change, perhaps coupled with the propulsion issues. The Lido location is the same as what the steakhouse had, common kitchen and all 

Personally, I like the looks of the menu and am looking forward to trying.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Menu and photos from Diamond Churrascaria.

** Not my photos. Courtesy of Keith Harris, from FB**

FB_IMG_1715734492710.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734496007.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734500949.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734508873.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734510962.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734525337.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734523155.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734531492.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734529343.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734513203.jpg

Thank you. Pictures certainly clear some things up. Looks good to me