Is princess plus worth it?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 555 said:

Yes but at the same time it is a major part of the 60 or 80 dollar per day charge.

I mean as pointed out numerous times, the degree to which someone needs to consume up-charge beverages varies form person to person but it's very common for the other inclusions to reduce that amount to what I would call a very non-"major" portion of the $60/day.

To clarify I don't really care if people get it or not, but Princess's packages are both more complex but also better deals than your standard drink package on another cruise line where it's $85/day and you need to have 10 drinks to justify it. If people brush it off because they "don't drink much" they may end up short changing themselves.  Just saying it's worth a self assessment, even to someone who doesn't drink a lot.

Edited by PMGS247
  • Like 1

Personally, I think the plus package is worth it on Grand/Crown class ships but prefer the premier package on the Royal class ships.  It comes down to the varied dining venues for that decision.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

Personally, I think the plus package is worth it on Grand/Crown class ships but prefer the premier package on the Royal class ships.  It comes down to the varied dining venues for that decision.  

Great minds think alike! 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

I mean as pointed out numerous times, the degree to which someone needs to consume up-charge beverages varies form person to person but it's very common for the other inclusions to reduce that amount to what I would call a very non-"major" portion of the $60/day.

To clarify I don't really care if people get it or not, but Princess's packages are both more complex but also better deals than your standard drink package on another cruise line where it's $85/day and you need to have 10 drinks to justify it. If people brush it off because they "don't drink much" they may end up short changing themselves.  Just saying it's worth a self assessment, even to someone who doesn't drink a lot.

I still prefer to keep the $2,400 in my pocket for our next trip and tip on my own. I can buy what drinks I need at discounted prices in the Caribbean. 

I posted this to another question but this is what I come up with (I only list things I would actually use with or without Plus):

- includes unlimited room service delivery

- unlimited food/drink delivery anywhere on board

- all beverages (value up to $15) - not just alcoholic drinks, but specialty coffees, virgin drinks, water, Pellegrino, sodas, etc. (alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 per day per person)

- daily gratuities (value $16-18 per day)

- one device streaming wi-fi (value at least $5 per day depending on status)

- 2 casual dining meals

and more 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2024 at 12:10 PM, skynight said:

Unlimited non alcoholic beverages. Mainly specialty coffees, sodas, water. Of course if you use it. For me this benefit is worth $15/day, mostly for the specialty coffees.

Add up your est. costs

I’m confused. $15 a day is totally worth it but that’s not the price I see!! 
What am I missing? 
Here is the price for my sailing ( yes Canadian funds but still!!) 

$48 a day??? For coffee and non alcoholic drinks? 
Please share how you are getting $15 because that is a great price. 

IMG_4868.jpeg

Edited by son3cruisers

14 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

I’m confused. $15 a day is totally worth it but that’s not the price I see!! 
What am I missing? 
Here is the price for my sailing ( yes Canadian funds but still!!) 

$48 a day??? For coffee and non alcoholic drinks? 
Please share how you are getting $15 because that is a great price. 

IMG_4868.jpeg

They are referring to the plus package which includes WiFi and CA as well as unlimited non alcoholic drinks. Not the stand alone soft drink package

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread seems to be getting acrimonious which means it will be locked soon but before it is, I am hoping @cruzsnooze comes back and explains where $10/day for crew appreciation comes from. I am dying to know. Why $10? Why not $9 or $12 or some other number? There has to be a reason and I am interested in the logic behind it and if this is pp or per cabin. (And not about arguing whether reducing CA is okay.)

17 minutes ago, memoak said:

They are referring to the plus package which includes WiFi and CA as well as unlimited non alcoholic drinks. Not the stand alone soft drink package

Oh ok got it! Thanks. New to princess and trying to figure it all out. 

Posted (edited)

Our experience on Princess without package: We brought 2 bottles of wine onboard-sufficient on a 7 day cruise for a glass before dinner (when I'd have a glass anyway), we got IT for days we needed for urgent matters (Facetiming elderly parent, revising hotel bookings, etc.) and downloaded texts/emails with free wifi before going back on ship at ports. With a 24 hour paid time, it's really like 2 half days-so, a couple 24 periods swapping devices were fine for our needs. I saw lots of people randomly on their phones--talking to family about what seemed like nothing (on speaker), cat videos, etc. We wanted to unplug and read books in downtime. We also got a few Mai Tais when we wanted, that with captains party champagne, a wine excursion, and past cruisers' cocktail party was good for us.

We definitely saved $ over the Plus. But, as others have said, it you need IT (and swapping doesn't work) and you're having at least 1-2 drinks/day, then it's a no brainer. So much cheaper than ANY other cruise line for the package. 

Edited by elaine5
  • Like 2