ISO reminders for the online res for specialty restaurants

clo

I occasionally have these online dates and times and particulars for land places so would appreciate some Is and Ts to dot and cross.

1.  Gratefully we live on the Left Coast so the race begins at 9PM right? Can I be signed on before that time, even a few minutes?

2.  What will I see and what will I do 🙂 Do I pick a restaurant and will it show me all the times on a particular date that have available times. For instance I pick the 12th of July, will I see everything available for that date? And if there's nothing available for that date, do I keep picking dates or will the site "help" me? (I don't suppose anybody took a photo that you could share?) Sorry to sound like such a doob but I'm drawing a blank. It's been a few years and trips elsewhere.

I really appreciate any help. Thanks, kiddos.

1. I play it safe and log on ahead or time, remind myself what buttons to push to get to the reservations, then log off. I prep by entering my name and PW and then wait until 12:01 ET to hit the button.

2. Going from memory...first you choose whether you want a private table, share with a friend (need their booking number), or share with others. Then you pick a restaurant and a calendar will show up with available dates; when you click on each date it will show the times that are available. If there is one you like, you click the time (and maybe some more clicks) to save that reservation. Then you go on to the next restaurant.

You'll get an email with the rez and it will show in your account.

If you want to check times later, you can change your rez in a similar manner.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AMHuntFerry said:

1. I play it safe and log on ahead or time, remind myself what buttons to push to get to the reservations, then log off. I prep by entering my name and PW and then wait until 12:01 ET to hit the button.

2. Going from memory...first you choose whether you want a private table, share with a friend (need their booking number), or share with others. Then you pick a restaurant and a calendar will show up with available dates; when you click on each date it will show the times that are available. If there is one you like, you click the time (and maybe some more clicks) to save that reservation. Then you go on to the next restaurant.

You are the best! Thanks so much. Tomorrow night. Woo hoo. 45 days out. How bad will it be? 🙂

3 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Important: folks on multi-segment cruises need to know that their allocation is split per segment (as though they are individual cruises). And you cannot book all of your allocation on less than the number of restaurants on that ship.

So (for example): eight spots in your total allocation for a two segment O ship cruise totaling 21 days? If so, that means one reservation per each of the four specialty restaurants in each segment. The online reservation system will not let you do anything other than that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Important: folks on multi-segment cruises need to know that their allocation is split per segment (as though they are individual cruises). And you cannot book all of your allocation on less than the number of restaurants on that ship.

So (for example): eight spots in your total allocation for a two segment O ship cruise totaling 21 days? If so, that means one reservation per each of the four specialty restaurants in each segment. The online reservation system will not let you do anything other than that.

We're on a "multi-segment" and the site shows the two different dates. Thanks.

I have never done this before either.  We have 4 specialty options on 1 12-night cruise in Concierge.  If I split the options 2 and 2, does it let me make 2 reservations at the first place, then 2 at the second?

No, 1 per restaurant.  You can try and get extra reservations while on board, especially for later sittings. Its not unusual for people to cancel same day after tours (to tired to sit for a big dinner)

We've been able to get extra reservations the same day we've asked for them many times.  Now, I will say we prefer to eat at 8:00, 7:30 at the earliest and we prefer to share a table.  My husband and I eat together alone almost every night and we like to hear other people's stories.  

We're not huge fans of the specialty restaurants.  They're okay but we think that they are not all they are hyped up to be.  I know we're not in the middle of the night to get our reservations, but we have had some nice meals and met some very nice people in the specialty restaurants.  Through this forum I've learned they are very important to many and that is fine.   

But you don't need a butler to get a reservation.  We've done it at the reservation desk many times and I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure we were never turned down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It depends upon your cabin class and will be listed in your account online.  For our upcoming Marina cruise in a B3 ( and most cabins below concierge) it is 45 days before the cruise.  Please note that on a "O" size ship like Riviera or Marina we do not expect to get two tops for all four specialties at times before 8 pm.  Maybe one if we are online the first few minutes when the window opens.  Maybe not even then.  Good luck.

17 minutes ago, yogagal47 said:

New to Oceania-someone please tell me what is the timing for reserving before a cruise?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

That's how I remember doing it

3 hours ago, thebsinmiss said:

No, 1 per restaurant.  You can try and get extra reservations while on board, especially for later sittings. Its not unusual for people to cancel same day after tours (to tired to sit for a big dinner)

I guess I am confused now.  We were given 4 specialty reservations and can reserve 60 days prior to departure based on Concierge and cruise length.  I assumed we could make all 4 reservations 60 days out???

3 minutes ago, cluso said:

I guess I am confused now.  We were given 4 specialty reservations and can reserve 60 days prior to departure based on Concierge and cruise length.  I assumed we could make all 4 reservations 60 days out???

Which ship are you on?

16 minutes ago, cluso said:

Yes. One per restaurant for four different restaurants (O Class ships). But, each day aboard, you can ask (at the reservation desk) for a space available reservation for that evening (no extra cost).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cluso said:

You can. For example if you are on Riviera, you get one advance reservation in each of the four specialties. However, if, for example you are thinking..."I love Italian and not French, so can I get two reservations in Toscana if I do not make one in Jacque?"...the answer is no. One in each restaurant in terms of advance reservations. On board you can check if they have openings for more reservations to book during the cruise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Which ship are you on?

Regatta, with only two Specialty restaurants.

Edited by cluso

3 minutes ago, cluso said:

Regatta, with only two Specialty restaurants.

Ok….so yes you can make both reservations at each of the two specialty restaurants when you are available to do so at 60 days out. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone of you! Signed on on the stroke of 9PM PST. Got a res at each place at 630 which suits us just fine. Perfect days also. Y'all are the best! clo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2024 at 4:43 PM, clo said:

I occasionally have these online dates and times and particulars for land places so would appreciate some Is and Ts to dot and cross.

1.  Gratefully we live on the Left Coast so the race begins at 9PM right? Can I be signed on before that time, even a few minutes?

2.  What will I see and what will I do 🙂 Do I pick a restaurant and will it show me all the times on a particular date that have available times. For instance I pick the 12th of July, will I see everything available for that date? And if there's nothing available for that date, do I keep picking dates or will the site "help" me? (I don't suppose anybody took a photo that you could share?) Sorry to sound like such a doob but I'm drawing a blank. It's been a few years and trips elsewhere.

I really appreciate any help. Thanks, kiddos.

I made my dining reservations recently.   When I went in - you choose the Dining Tab - Then choose dine alone or Share a Table then it opens a calendar.   I couldn't check other dates since I already have my Max reservations.    I did  click the September 21 and looks like all times are still available.   I'm in a Suite so not sure when it opens for below Penthouse.

I was able to book as soon as my final payment was made.    We are late diners.

image.thumb.png.11bf38ccd6aa9d732803ff19f8d45a31.png

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I made my dining reservations recently.   When I went in - you choose the Dining Tab - Then choose dine alone or Share a Table then it opens a calendar.   I couldn't check other dates since I already have my Max reservations.    I did  click the September 21 and looks like all times are still available.   I'm in a Suite so not sure when it opens for below Penthouse.

Just one word of warning. By 9pm you are likely to be the only diners! You might just find that the staff rush you as they are ready to end a long day and the atmosphere isn’t going to be that of a ‘full’ restaurant. Just my thoughts. Maybe somebody who eats late will add a little more.

27 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks especially for that photo. Can't practice that 🙂 We're not necessarily early diners but definitely not late so we took 630.

19 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

Just one word of warning. By 9pm you are likely to be the only diners! You might just find that the staff rush you as they are ready to end a long day and the atmosphere isn’t going to be that of a ‘full’ restaurant. Just my thoughts. Maybe somebody who eats late will add a little more.

Yeah, I've read that. Thanks.