Platinum member free dining question

We just booked the Sun for a 10 day Alaska cruise July 5. Since we are platinum, we get two free specialty dining meals. Can I make a reservation for them now? If I do it through their website, it's going to charge me for the up charge and of course don't want that to happen. TIA.

Posted (edited)

Yes you can but book fixed fee first and a la carte second as it will only recognise the ones included in your package (not Platinum) so it will try to charge fix price dining such as Moderna.
a la carte is not charged in advance as the bill is not known until you order.

There may no be much left now, if that is the case book as soon as you get onboard as they hold back lots of the tables.

Edited by ziggyuk

17 minutes ago, cruiseagona said:

We just booked the Sun for a 10 day Alaska cruise July 5. Since we are platinum, we get two free specialty dining meals. Can I make a reservation for them now? If I do it through their website, it's going to charge me for the up charge and of course don't want that to happen. TIA.

Yes, you can make reservations now. Note that reservations opened on February 26, so dates and times may be limited by now. And you may have to book as soon as you are onboard. 

The reservation system does not care about how the meal will be paid (Platinum vouchers, Free at Sea dinners, purchased specialty dining package, other vouchers, cash/room charge).  

If you also have Free at Sea dinners, you are able to book any restaurant at this time. Book Teppanyaki and Moderno first, then other restaurants (Los Lobos, Le Bistro, Cagney's, La Cucina). If you did not accept the Free at Sea dinners, fixed priced restaurants need to be booked onboard to avoid advance charges. 

Enjoy your cruise, Alaska will be beautiful!

• Like 1

As a Platinum member and above, you can call the Pre-Cruise Latitudes line to make a reservation even if it shows as sold out online: (866) 625-6086

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IAcruising said:

As Platinum, it's a bit surprising you even have to ask about these things.

We're Sapphire and I still ask questions like this. So many helpful people here to refresh my memory. We cruise different lines and it's hard to track all the details sometimes.

Denise

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, Sundiego said:

We're Sapphire and I still ask questions like this.

Different strokes, for sure. I learned everything I could about Platinum when I was still Silver. It's been a goal, and we're finally there. Can't wait to use the knowledge on our next NCL cruise.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2024 at 1:44 PM, IAcruising said:

As Platinum, it's a bit surprising you even have to ask about these things.

Probably because we are given so much incorrect info from NCL! My planner told me I did not get my 2 free specialty dinners on a 5 day which I found is not correct

15 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Probably because we are given so much incorrect info from NCL!

I can relate to that.

11 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Probably because we are given so much incorrect info from NCL! My planner told me I did not get my 2 free specialty dinners on a 5 day which I found is not correct

Well, there is your problem. You are asking a reservation agent to answer Latitude reward questions. 

Reservation agents are trained to take information and put it into the booking system. They aren't intended to be cruise encyclopedias. One of the best ways to get good answers is to ask the right person.  It makes no sense to ask the wrong person, and especially not repeatedly ("we are given so much incorrect info").

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Capitan Obvious said:

Well, there is your problem. You are asking a reservation agent to answer Latitude reward questions. 

Reservation agents are trained to take information and put it into the booking system. They aren't intended to be cruise encyclopedias. One of the best ways to get good answers is to ask the right person.  It makes no sense to ask the wrong person, and especially not repeatedly ("we are given so much incorrect info").

I should have said my PVP or whatever they  are called, When booking, I stated that I get the 2 dinners & he said no, only on 7 day or longer cruises. To me, that is incorrect information by NCL

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

I should have said my PVP or whatever they  are called, When booking, I stated that I get the 2 dinners & he said no, only on 7 day or longer cruises. To me, that is incorrect information by NCL

If you consult the terms and conditions for the package, cruises less than 7 days get 1 meal. Cruises 7-11 nights only get 2 meals in balconies and above. 

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

Sail Length # Of Dining / Package Meals
3-6 Nights 1 Meal / Any Stateroom
7-11 Nights 1 Meal / Studio, Inside, Oceanview
7-11 Nights 2 Meals / Balcony & Above
12+ Nights 2 Meals / Studio, Inside, Oceanview
12+ Nights 3 Meals / Balcony & Above

2 hours ago, victory2020 said:

The correct term is PCC, however, that doesn't make a single bit of difference to the point...a PCC is also a reservation agent. The folks working in the Latitudes department are the experts, and as such, are the correct person(s) to ask if you want the right answer. 

Technically, it may be incorrect information by NCL, but it likely wouldn't be incorrect if the correct person was asked. Again...YOU previously said "because we are given so much incorrect info from NCL". Do you think that maybe, just maybe, taking the time to identify and ask the right question to the right person may correct that problem?

Posted (edited)

We already have our dinners booked online for a Sept cruise. Book Moderna and Teppanyaki first to avoid the $70  etc charge. The other restaurants are ala carte so theres no charge up front.

Regardless of the amount of days for the cruise, check and see if you can book your dinners.

Edited by sailingships

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If you consult the terms and conditions for the package, cruises less than 7 days get 1 meal. Cruises 7-11 nights only get 2 meals in balconies and above. 

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

Sail Length # Of Dining / Package Meals
3-6 Nights 1 Meal / Any Stateroom
7-11 Nights 1 Meal / Studio, Inside, Oceanview
7-11 Nights 2 Meals / Balcony & Above
12+ Nights 2 Meals / Studio, Inside, Oceanview
12+ Nights 3 Meals / Balcony & Above

I understood the question to be about Latitudes benefits dinners.  That would mean two specialty dinners on any cruise of five days or more, but none on a cruise of four days or less.

• Like 1