Dining reservations

negn

33 minutes ago, phabric said:

Presently, I have not received any email.  I have B2B cruises Sept 26, 2024.

I just got it in my trash file.

Been on App several times and it seems Speciality dining is available to book but when going to MDR's it is saying not available to book. Seems odd as the 17th was supposed to have been the date when availability and which restaurants were available for the three different types of dining would be available. Added to this around six weeks ago we were informed that two of our ports of call were being removed due to access to the ports and that two other ports were being added namely Brest and Cherbourg in France. There were excursions available for the original ports, one of which we booked an excursion. Since the removal and introduction of the new ports on Princess website the new ports haven't added any excursions to either of them.

On 6/17/2024 at 3:37 PM, booklady26 said:

Scroll down to the bottom of the page on the web version and you'll see an option to log in with your booking number. Enter the number of the cruise you want, your name and birthday and it'll bring you to that cruise. I just did it this morning.

That is not working, logging in with the reservation information does bring up that cruise but as soon as I click on the link to the web version to book dining reservations it always goes back to the earliest one.

8 hours ago, MyriamS said:

Once again, the message does not mention whether you need to have made final payment to choose your dining style. I now you have to currently, to make any kind of dining reservations, but nothing about what the new system will be like. 

Due to German law, our final payment date is 30 days before the cruise instead of 90 days, so I'd like to know if I need to pay two months in advance just to choose an early sitting in the MDR (I'm not interested in booking any speciality dining).

We’ve always been able to book dining before final payment. We had dining reservations in March for a November cruise. 

I have been able to book dining before final payment as well with my last two cruises..   I am Ruby.   I don't know if that will still be the case or not.  Time will tell.

• Like 2

Once it opens for MDR reservations on July 1st(???) you should be able to make MDR reservations if you are paid in full or Platinum or Elite. If you are not I would try anyway after it opens up, We booked ours normally 2 years out before the change took place. In fact, when the change was made in April our 2025 & 2026 MDR reservations were cancelled, so we are just waiting to book them again. You should be able to book Specialty Dining anytime.

• Thanks 1

Even without paying in full, shouldn't you , at least, be able to choose and decide if you want Anytime or Traditional?  I can't see that you would be able to mix and match.  In 'the old days" you always chose one when making your reservation.

I was also able to make dining reservations for my September 2024 cruise way before final payment but that was clearly a bug, not a feature, of the app. These reservations were then cancelled when they announced the new dining system. 

1 hour ago, FLAlaska said:

Even without paying in full, shouldn't you , at least, be able to choose and decide if you want Anytime or Traditional?  I can't see that you would be able to mix and match.  In 'the old days" you always chose one when making your reservation.

This is essentially what I'm hoping for, to get to pick between Early, Late and Anytime dining. 

Princess should go back to the old way of having you, your CVP, or TA select your dining preference upon booking the cruise.  Choose between Early, Late, and Anytime.  If  you choose Early or Late you shouldn't have access to MDR reservations on the App.  Only those with anytime dining should be able to access MDR reservations on the App.  Not sure why Princess decided that each individual would have the ability to manage their dining preference on the App with this transition.  It should just be a matter of re-activating this function on Polar and getting the App to follow.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kay S said:

This topic is now covered in about 15 separate threads! 🤣

Exactly why Princess shouldn't be making false promises.

9 minutes ago, Kay S said:

This topic is now covered in about 15 separate threads! 🤣

To quote the Mandalorian, this is the way. On Cruise Critic, if a topic is worth endless discussion, it's worth endless discussion on multiple threads. Or so it seems. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This just in. Another big IT scramble to change how pricing is presented coincident with the dining reservations delayed rollout. Hopefully different teams working on each project. Having seen The Money Pit I’m suspicious of two week delays like the dining reservations push out. 
image.thumb.png.df1711ab3f96eca19847e45de2e321c9.png