Where's My OBC?

Looking at booking a 13 night transatlantic cruise in 2025, and I was told Celebrity is not offering onboard credit any longer.  ??  I have sailed with Celebrity exclusively for several years now and have always have some OBC.  I was told this by a travel agent as well as Celebrity on the phone.  And yet I see there's still posts about using OBC.  Can anyone explain this to me?  Are you still getting this perk on your current and future cruises? 

Posted (edited)

People are using OBC from cruise they booked before it stopped being offered or using OBC given by their TA or that they purchased themselves and added to their account.  Celebrity also offers it if you book onboard.

Edited by Shiba_Lover
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, txtechmk said:

Looking at booking a 13 night transatlantic cruise in 2025, and I was told Celebrity is not offering onboard credit any longer.  ??  I have sailed with Celebrity exclusively for several years now and have always have some OBC.  I was told this by a travel agent as well as Celebrity on the phone.  And yet I see there's still posts about using OBC.  Can anyone explain this to me?  Are you still getting this perk on your current and future cruises? 

Transatlantics never had very much OBC and still don’t even when you book on board at the future cruise office.  There will be some with an on-board booking but otherwise you would need to discuss this with your TA

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fliprcruiser said:

If you own 100 shares of RCL stock, you get shareholder OBC. $250 on cruises over 14 days.

Celebrity has also cut back on longer cruises

Before most TAs were over 14 days, now most are less than 14 days 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, fliprcruiser said:

If you own 100 shares of RCL stock, you get shareholder OBC. $250 on cruises over 14 days.

Which does not work with the OP's mentioned 13 night TA.  😉  That is knocked back to the 7 night plus 100.00.   

Edited by island lady

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Which does not work with the OP's mentioned 13 night TA.  😉  That is knocked back to the 7 night plus 100.00.   

Very true, but you can apply as soon as cruise booked. I've already got shareholder credit for Oct 25 cruise. They dont re-verify if I still hold shares.

And IIRC, its $50 for 6 days or less.

9 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Celebrity has also cut back on longer cruises

Before most TAs were over 14 days, now most are less than 14 days 

We booked a 17-day transpacific cruise in a Sky Suite while onboard and received $200 OBC.  For being a shareholder we received an additional $250.  So, that will almost pay the gratuities. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fliprcruiser said:

Very true, but you can apply as soon as cruise booked. I've already got shareholder credit for Oct 25 cruise. They dont re-verify if I still hold shares.

And IIRC, its $50 for 6 days or less.

Ummm...yes...have those lined up.  😉 

Many people are still booking and receiving OBC by booking on-board -  I believe the current promotion is between $50-500 OBC dependent on cruise length and room classification

image.thumb.jpeg.8cb3b57358f984f0d8411304f8ed201c.jpeg

Just to follow-up on my original post......I have not worked with a travel agent in the past, but decided to check with one.  I ended up changing travel agents, and now have received $700 OBC for this 2025 transatlantic cruise.  It pays to shop around!  Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, txtechmk said:

Just to follow-up on my original post......I have not worked with a travel agent in the past, but decided to check with one.  I ended up changing travel agents, and now have received $700 OBC for this 2025 transatlantic cruise.  It pays to shop around!  Thanks everyone.

Just for clarity, the OBC they are providing is likely based on one form or another of a group cruise rate available only through TA's, either sponsored by the TA or directly by the cruise line. The cruise lines do not publish these rates to the general public. That certainly is one advantage of using a TA.

That is the most common source of OBC available these days other than with on board bookings.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

On 7/4/2024 at 1:52 PM, DaKahuna said:

We booked a 17-day transpacific cruise in a Sky Suite while onboard and received $200 OBC.  For being a shareholder we received an additional $250.  So, that will almost pay the gratuities. 

Currently tipping for a Sky Suite is S23 per day per person. The total for two people would be $782. Your total obc is $450. Almost all the gratuities? My math says it come up $332 short.

45 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Just for clarity, the OBC they are providing is likely based on one form or another of a group cruise rate available only through TA's, either sponsored by the TA or directly by the cruise line. The cruise lines do not publish these rates to the general public. That certainly is one advantage of using a TA.

When we booked our upcoming curies, the future cruise agent messend up and sent me the "agents booking" pdf as well as the regular PDF I received.  On the Agent booking pdf it displayed an amount that the agent would receive for my booking.   Based on the OBC that my agent gave me, it looks like I am getting 50% of what the agent booking fee was back in OBC. 

2 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Currently tipping for a Sky Suite is S23 per day per person. The total for two people would be $782. Your total obc is $450. Almost all the gratuities? My math says it come up $332 short.

Your math is corrrect.  But $450 is over half of $782 .. Full disclosure, I have some additional OBC that brings the total up to $750, so I am $32 short.   

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

When we booked our upcoming curies, the future cruise agent messend up and sent me the "agents booking" pdf as well as the regular PDF I received.  On the Agent booking pdf it displayed an amount that the agent would receive for my booking.   Based on the OBC that my agent gave me, it looks like I am getting 50% of what the agent booking fee was back in OBC. 

That may be but you likely are not getting it from their commission.  The cruise line sponsored OBC with group based fare bookings is separate.  The TA may in fact offer something more in addition to that out of his commission if they so wish, but the OBC would not be based on that.

5 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

That may be but you likely are not getting it from their commission.  The cruise line sponsored OBC with group based fare bookings is separate.  The TA may in fact offer something more in addition to that out of his commission if they so wish, but the OBC would not be based on that.

Good point.  This cruise I booked onboard with the Future Cruise lead.  They transferred the booking to my TA.