Alaska 2026

Coral

1 hour ago, MudderBear said:

I'm trying to log in too.  Can't. I believe I'm Loyalty (2 cruises)

Unbelievable, isn't it? I get this message, and I imagine that's what you get too:

Login and access to your booking is currently unavailable. Please check back later.

Posted (edited)

Well, I just came across an article by The Points Guy which states that the new Star will be sailing from Seattle.  I guess that means it will do the up and back inside passage.  I was hoping to do a land/tour from Whittier down to Vancouver.  I keep checking the port schedules for 2026 but Princess hasn't posted anything there yet.  I think I did read somewhere, but can't remember where, that The Discovery Princess will be doing Alaska in 2026.  Sure would like to sail on her....I did Majestic a few years back and would welcome a Royal Class (I actually sailed on The Sun this year in Barcelona....and while I loved the Piazza area,and the dining areas....not to thrilled with the show areas).

Edited by MudderBear
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

Throug this threat?  OK....I must have missed it.

Coral posted 4 files (.pdf, .xlsx) with lots of details

Edited by peder
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Just got off the Discovery last Saturday, our 9th Alaska cruise.  Such a fun way to get out of the hellish heat of Arizona!  Glad to see that the Star will be out of Seattle but alas no Glacier Bay with the new ship.  Will wait a while to book but no doubt we will be doing one of these in 2026!  Thanks for sharing.

I was on her June 15th cruise. Loved it and was also grateful to be out of the AZ heat!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Thrak said:

We loved Discovery Princess last April but that was partly because we spent most evenings listening to jazz in Take Five. However, it's been reported that they have totally screwed up Take Five by adding Slot Machines and doing away with the band area. I find it tragic. This was our favorite venue on the ship.

I was able to listen to them on the June 15th cruise and enjoyed them very much. Sad that they are going away.

Edited by Tinknock50

13 minutes ago, flviking said:

Our TA has us booked!

I can see these cruise on the website now but cannot log in and no n bc prices.

19 hours ago, Thrak said:

We loved Discovery Princess last April but that was partly because we spent most evenings listening to jazz in Take Five. However, it's been reported that they have totally screwed up Take Five by adding Slot Machines and doing away with the band area. I find it tragic. This was our favorite venue on the ship.

Yes, 40 slot machines are going into Take Five in October.  I confirmed this while onboard last week.

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Nothing for Star shown for April 2026?  I'm watching for the repositioning cruise.

Is there a chance the repositioning cruise will be skeleton crew-only and not sold to the public?

5 minutes ago, peder said:

Is there a chance the repositioning cruise will be skeleton crew-only and not sold to the public?

I would doubt it.  This would be a very popular cruise.  It's just strange that there aren't any cruises for the entire month and a Panama Canal segment would run half of that.  Basically I'm looking for the cruises that will happen during the gap indicated by the current scheduled arrival in Fort Lauderdale on March 28th and the first Alaska cruise from Seattle on May 3rd.