Looking for feedback on 360 dining experience

Hello!

My family has cruises booked on both Discovery Princess (Mexico 03/2025) and Enchanted Princess (Mediterranean 07/2026) and we are looking at the 360 dining experience.  It looks really interesting!  I am wondering if this is a "once in a lifetime" type experience, or something cruisers would do time and time again.

So I'm not sure if I should book it for my Mexico cruise next year, or wait until I go on Enchanted to actually experience it in the Mediterranean... or is it just so amazing I should go for it both times!

If you've ever cruised with Royal Caribbean, you might be familiar with the Wonderland specialty dining. That I would only do once ever...

I've done the Chef's Table on Princess and would do that every cruise if I could!

Which camp does the 360 experience fall under?

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Thank you!

It is a good experience but very expensive. It was free for me as a suite guest when it first rolled out. For me it is like the chefs table too much food and too expensive. You could go to specialty dining many times for the same price in a cruise and get real good food without portions that make you groan as they roll you out

For us, it was "one and done", akin to going to a Disney wrap-around audio/video experience...but with food.  No smell-a-vision though.  That would've been more immersive. 

Kind of campy too with the guy announcing and doing the pre-show hype.

Glad we did it?  Yeah.  Not twice though.

• Like 3

I’ve done it twice, and will be doing it a third time since I booked a suite before December 1, so no charge. Like many things, it’s an individual choice. I think it’s worth the charge once, and although I enjoyed it the second time, and expect to enjoy it the third time, for me I’d only do it repeatedly to enjoy the first time reaction of the people I’m with. I thought the pace of the courses and the quantity of the food was spot on. Chef’s Table is way more food. I’ve done the Chef’s table once - have no desire to do it again. 

A dear friend invited me to it once and my DH also joined us and he paid for it.  
The experience was beyond amazing!  I loved the 360° immersion into the cultures and the presentation with a bit of fantasy by the hostess and the digital trickery on the tables.

The lemon pasta was absolutely incredible.  I took a photo of the recipe and will try to make it soon.  
The service was also impeccable.  So, would I do it again, probably not.  Why not?  Because the experience we had just can not be beat as it was perfection!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

A dear friend invited me to it once and my DH also joined us and he paid for it.  
The experience was beyond amazing!  I loved the 360° immersion into the cultures and the presentation with a bit of fantasy by the hostess and the digital trickery on the tables.

The lemon pasta was absolutely incredible.  I took a photo of the recipe and will try to make it soon.  
The service was also impeccable.  So, would I do it again, probably not.  Why not?  Because the experience we had just can not be beat as it was perfection!  

you never forget your first time experiences, huh?

8 minutes ago, voljeep said:

you never forget your first time experiences, huh?

You’ve got it .. especially if it such was an outstanding experience!  
I probably would never book another Total Solar Eclipse cruise because it just never could compare to the one on the Discovery back in April.  Again, our friends made it so extra special for us.  

• Like 1

We were in a reserve mini-suite on the Discovery & were comped 360.  Thrilled to get it for free, but, yes, we would have done it at cost.  We thought it was the best dining experience we've had in 35 cruises--for the artfully presented delicious tasting menu; the accompanying beverages; the impeccable service (one server for the two of us); the intimate venue that allows for the 360 immersive experience of the sights & sounds of Greece, Italy, Spain & France; & the super fun interactive table projections.  The whole experience was delicious, surprising & delightful.

Pre-Covid, we did the Chef's Dinner that included the galley tour--a very good meal (too much food) with nice presentation but not anything like 360.  Apples & Oranges.

I say, if 360 is at all within your budget, go & enjoy--at least once!

• Like 1

We and our kids loved this immersive experience!  

Every single dish was incredible, and they even had several mocktails for the kids!

When we went, there were no previews, or YouTube videos, no phones allowed, so we were truly surprised at everything, and 100% present. 

We would do it again, if they had a different experience, meaning, we'd love to be surprised again with cuisine and travels.

We were comped for this, but based on my personal dining experiences on land, it is easily worth USD 150.  This includes wine pairings. A bargain IMHO. 

We have this type of restaurant locally, and in general, they’re more expensive than 360. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PumpkinPatches said:

Hello!

My family has cruises booked on both Discovery Princess (Mexico 03/2025) and Enchanted Princess (Mediterranean 07/2026) and we are looking at the 360 dining experience.  It looks really interesting!  I am wondering if this is a "once in a lifetime" type experience, or something cruisers would do time and time again.

So I'm not sure if I should book it for my Mexico cruise next year, or wait until I go on Enchanted to actually experience it in the Mediterranean... or is it just so amazing I should go for it both times!

If you've ever cruised with Royal Caribbean, you might be familiar with the Wonderland specialty dining. That I would only do once ever...

I've done the Chef's Table on Princess and would do that every cruise if I could!

Thank you!

We did Chef's table in Dec 2022 on Sky with another couple and had a fabulous meal and experience. Well worth the money we paid. That said, it is one and done for me (unless we were sailing with others who had not experienced it, then we would be all in).

We have a full suite on Discovery at the end of Nov and we get 360 as a suite perk (we booked in the neighborhood of 700 days out). I am sure this will be a one and done for us as well. In Nov 2025 we are on Sun and will drop the money on Spellbound. It is pricey, but I am an amateur magician (although not a real good one) and am looking forward to the evening. Our feeling is that while these experiences are expensive, they are more like once in a lifetime for us.

16 hours ago, PumpkinPatches said:

Hello!

Thank you!

My family and I have done 360 (twice on Discovery), Chef’s table (twice – Grand & Ruby, prior to it being standardized fleet wide) and Wonderland (twice on Symphony).

The 360 experience is well worth doing it once, we thought the food and drinks were mediocre and were not near the quality standard of the chef’s table or Wonderland. 

At this point we would not do another 360 until they completely change the immersive locations and menu, regardless of price.

Which camp does 360 fall........one of its own but we think closer to Wonderland.

Our recommendation….. experience 360 on the Discovery and make the decision for yourself.

Hope you have two great cruises