Emerald Princess Delayed in Boston on 8/11/2024

6 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

We were told that Corner Brook told Princess they did not have dock space on Thursday so we should move arrival to Wednesday or not come at all.

I don’t know that we know the true story.  If you look at the port schedule there is no ship in port tomorrow.  

21 minutes ago, TW6cruiser said:

I don’t know that we know the true story.  If you look at the port schedule there is no ship in port tomorrow.  

PS they may have had maintenance or something else come up…I just don’t think we will know or be told the correct thing. 

21 minutes ago, TW6cruiser said:

Didn't you just see the MSC Don Giovanni container vessel anchoring near the coast? They wait until we're gone this afternoon. Corner Brook is an industrial port.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

Didn't you just see the MSC Don Giovanni container vessel anchoring near the coast?

Arrived from Toronto and obviously waiting.

Screenshot_20240814_094840_MarineTraffic.thumb.jpg.d82a05821b9e7f01710c6b4d35b79ef8.jpg

4 hours ago, TW6cruiser said:

If it is the true story, I would think we would see somebody pull in before we leave tonight.

6 hours ago, HotRoot said:

If it is the true story, I would think we would see somebody pull in before we leave tonight.

MSC Don Giovanni, there you go. Just as I said earlier. 😄

20240814_175604.thumb.jpg.6f876d5f147cbc6d2437f428045f319e.jpg

Good luck on your voyage.  I do hope that Ernesto doesn't interfere with any of your ports or cause rough seas on your way to Greenland.  He's out to sea right now...but heading NorthEast.  

I have a friend of a friend on this cruise so am glad to have your updates.  Thank you.

Just returned from Greenland.  Interesting "island" with not much to do. 

Why is Greenland not a continent?

Greenland, like Australia, is separated by waters from other landmasses, but Greenland is considered a large island rather than a continent. Part of this stems from the fact that Greenland is attached to the North American tectonic plate and not its own plate as Australia is.

https://homework.study.com/explanation/why-is-greenland-not-a-continent.html#:~:text=Greenland%2C like Australia%2C is separated,own plate as Australia is.

Excursions are much cheaper from the town, but need to get there early to get the few slots.  Tendering is a pain.  Long waits for disembarkation/shuttles and even longer lines to get back to the ship.  Credit cards are welcomed there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2024 at 2:12 PM, EDVM96 said:

MSC Don Giovanni, there you go. Just as I said earlier. 😄

20240814_175604.thumb.jpg.6f876d5f147cbc6d2437f428045f319e.jpg

I heard that this is the worst of the MSC cruise ships. 😁

• Haha 3