Celebrity Eclipse Sky Lounge closed during 12 day cruise

quicklabs

28 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

Is the sky lounge popular on warm weather cruises during the day? Could never Imaging sitting there instead of outdoors at the sunset bar or by the pool. 

great quiet place to read.. nice sea views!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

Is the sky lounge popular on warm weather cruises during the day? Could never Imaging sitting there instead of outdoors at the sunset bar or by the pool. 

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

great quiet place to read.. nice sea views!

Popular as a quiet place for some. Doesn’t generate revenue most days. The bar doesn’t even open until late afternoon. 

16 minutes ago, markeb said:

Popular as a quiet place for some. Doesn’t generate revenue most days. The bar doesn’t even open until late afternoon. 

Which leads to the question.  Why are people paying luxury cruise prices for the suites, when they are neither luxury nor priced appropriately?  For a luxury destination they realize that the non-revenue producing venues are part of the luxury experience and that everyone does not need to be nickeled and dimed at every venue...

Will Celebrity every get a Michelin starred restaurant onboard their ships?  Probably not...  The value has been diminished on a Celebrity cruise.  They used to be a step ahead of the competition,  but I don't hear complaints on the Princess boards about these trivial Miami induced fiascos ...

Since they have sunk below Princess, is Carnival and Royal their competition?

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, markeb said:

If it were the Wounded Warrior Project, or TAP, or various other causes, it would be pages of I really wish we could use the Sky Lounge, but it's for a good cause...

I don't think that Wounded Warrior would be inclined to tick off the majority of the cruisers on the ship.

33 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I don't think that Wounded Warrior would be inclined to tick off the majority of the cruisers on the ship.

Very true.  Big difference.  Park West's entire raison d'être is to make Albert Scaglione richer.  Wounded Warrior's cause is a good bit more noble.

39 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I don’t think it would tick off the majority of cruisers if they did the same thing. Or is “Thank you for your service.” just an empty statement?

22 minutes ago, markeb said:

I don’t think it would tick off the majority of cruisers if they did the same thing. Or is “Thank you for your service.” just an empty statement?

I seriously doubt that they would spend days and hours taking over a venue.  They would allow every one in.  When I contributed they did not say,  we are not taking your donation because you did not contribute enough ...  We are not allowing you in because you did not contribute enough...

Again you are comparing a highly questionable organization to a prized organization.  You think that they behave the same?  There is no comparison in my mind.  I would be embarrassed if I compared the two.

Noble cause vs highly questionable company.

One shows the good work that they are doing and asks for donations to further the good work.  The other tries to wear you down to purchase overpriced prints.

One values all contributors.  The other kicks the art fans to the curb who are not in the 100k purchase club.

Edited by NMTraveller

1 hour ago, markeb said:

Revenue is not our responsibility.

We do not cruise for the bars..or parties..

We love the sea, ocean life, sky and spa!  There have always been places for diff enjoyments!   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I seriously doubt that they would spend days and hours taking over a venue.  They would allow every one in.  When I contributed they did not say,  we are not taking your donation because you did not contribute enough ...  We are not allowing you in because you did not contribute enough...

Again you are comparing a highly questionable organization to a prized organization.  You think that they behave the same?  There is no comparison in my mind.  I would be embarrassed if I compared the two.

Noble cause vs highly questionable company.

We’re not communicating here. My fault. Absolutely not comparing the organizations. One I have a great deal of respect for and the other is a questionable business at best. But the reaction to them taking over a venue would be totally different even if equally disruptive. Which is contrary to the comments that it’s not about Park West. 

Let’s call that good…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, markeb said:

One I have a great deal of respect for and the other is a questionable business at best. But the reaction to them taking over a venue would be totally different even if equally disruptive. Which is contrary to the comments that it’s not about Park West. 

I would be equally as annoyed - either way it is Celebrity renting out an advertised space for a majority of the cruise.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Travel-and-See said:

I would be equally as annoyed - either way it is Celebrity renting out an advertised space for a majority of the cruise.  

And I’d be looking for opportunities to volunteer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

I'm guessing that, despite the complaints, Celebrity will continue this behavior as long as it remains profitable.

Possibly, I would hope that Celebrity reads and considers guest comments and complaints but who knows. 

23 minutes ago, Travel-and-See said:

Possibly, I would hope that Celebrity reads and considers guest comments and complaints but who knows. 

Perhaps, but is all about the money, right. Also the Sky Lounge is closed for the Elite plus party almost every night including first night probably for 3 hours.  Is that okay?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2024 at 7:51 PM, Oville said:

Perhaps, but is all about the money, right. Also the Sky Lounge is closed for the Elite plus party almost every night including first night probably for 3 hours.  Is that okay?

This is not accurate.  It is not closed every night.  Two or three times per cruise, from 5-7 and often not ch completely closed, just one area set aside for the Elite happy hour with the rest open to all.

• Like 4

On 9/6/2024 at 7:51 PM, Oville said:

Perhaps, but is all about the money, right. Also the Sky Lounge is closed for the Elite plus party almost every night including first night probably for 3 hours.  

Ummmm… no it isn’t.   It has been years since they reserved the sky lounge for the Elite event every night.

On 9/15/2024 at 2:12 PM, cruisestitch said:

This is not accurate.  It is not closed every night.  Two or three times per cruise, from 5-7 and often not ch completely closed, just one area set aside for the Elite happy hour with the rest open to all.

Thanks for the clarification.

Does anyone know a way to ascertain if our booking (Mid-September 2025) would be a Park West cruise? I enjoy sitting in the Sky Lounge reading, especially if it isn't nice enough to sit on the Veranda.  

I like to manage expectations if possible, to ease disappointment.

Beth