Martha Stewart as Godmother of the Crown Princess??

bdwyer

What I find so funny are those that say that because Martha is a convicted fellon makes her innapropriate as a choice...what about a self confessed alcoholic who became the 43rd President?...I guess that's OK!:rolleyes:

Come on' lighten up a little folks....but if you insist on emailing here it is again!

passengerrelations@princesscruises.com

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Laugh all you like. Alcoholism is a disease, not a crime.

What I find so funny are those that say that because Martha is a convicted fellon makes her innapropriate as a choice...what about a self confessed alcoholic who became the 43rd President?...I guess that's OK!:rolleyes:

Come on' lighten up a little folks....but if you insist on emailing here it is again!

Tony

It's a shame and a disgrace when you're in the Governor's Mansion in Texas!

However I respect your view and opinion on Martha...I just think there are greater evils in the world than Martha becoming a GrandMother of a ship!

In any event your welcome for the email address.

Tony

My Friday was fine until I read this posting - oh my, Criminal Felon Martha as a "Godmother" for a ship. I guess I will have to think twice before I get on the Crown. I heard that ship Godmothers are given lifetime cruising privileges on that ship in a suite - is that true????? If so, all you Martha Lovers can take the Crown and hope you get to see her - just stay out of her way or you might get knocked down by her or her security staff!!. Unfortunate to say the least.

She made a mistake, she paid for the mistake, shes still a great business women which in itself should say volumes about women in businss.

So move on.

Not true...they have to be "lilly white" to sail free for a lifetime...otherwise FULL BROCHURE RATE applies to alike like Martha and no doubt in an inside cabin by the main stairwell as well with NO UPGRADE marked on her booking.

Tony

I do thank you for the email address. Martha as a choice for Godmother for the ship may not be very important in the overall scheme of things, and I dont mean to belittle all her accomplishments, I just feel she was a poor choice for the honor. Karen

Can I just say, I have never liked Martha Stewart. The criminal thing is not a factor she got busted and did her time. There are just other great women in this world who I would like to hold such a post. Martha from what I read can be kind of mean spirited. That is not good.

Tony

I didn't vote for him either time:mad:

Must agree with you there.

Well really, with that example how can you not? lol!

Quick who's the Godmother of the Pacific Princess? I'll just bet most of the posters here don't know. I'll just bet a few do too. :)

In the grand scheme of things it does not matter. Does not affect a ship at all. Martha is too busy to show up on a ship to stake a claim. She's not going to be in front of you in the Horizon Court, next to you in the spa etc. A godmother is historically someone who blesses the ship with connections to the line. Someone they wish to honor. More and more it's like the Hollywood Walk of Fame (on all lines) something used as an advertising tool.

Who else could have ignited a thread like this? She got attention for the ship, and that's a good thing (Yes I know someone already used it. I never did claim to be original).

Unfortunately, Martha made the mistake of talking to authorities without legal representation, otherwise she would have been cleared of something that investors do all the time. How many people lie on their tax returns every year and never get prosecuted. Too bad she didn't hold onto her stock, because she would have made a bundle. I have no problem with people trying to protect their investments. Just a life's lesson that most people get themselves in trouble by talking too much.

Personally, I think Republicans targeted Martha Stewart to make an example because she was a big contributor to Bill Clinton. That's why I don't like politicians on either side. They are the ones who should be prosecuted.

Glad that I will be cruising on Crown Princess this Fall.

Unfortunately, Martha made the mistake of talking to authorities without legal representation, otherwise she would have been cleared of something that investors do all the time. How many people lie on their tax returns every year and never get prosecuted. Too bad she didn't hold onto her stock, because she would have made a bundle. I have no problem with people trying to protect their investments. Just a life's lesson that most people get themselves in trouble by talking too much.

Personally, I think Republicans targeted Martha Stewart to make an example because she was a big contributor to Bill Clinton. That's why I don't like politicians on either side. They are the ones who should be prosecuted.

Glad that I will be cruising on Crown Princess this Fall.

Unfortunately Martha did something dumb and illegal......she had inside info and acted on it. My husband is in the business and you know I can't trade without his company's okay. She did this in order to save a "few" thousand, I personally am insulted by her actions.

Personally I think Martha is just a love or hate type person. That is why I think she is wrong. And politics have nothing to do with this. That is just so wrong for these boards.

I will not chose a ship on their Godmother. I chose it for where it goes. Honestly until I read these boards I never knew such a thing as a Godmother existed.

I am a Godmother and I pray those kids make it to 18 without me having to take over raising. It is a responsibility in my world. I do not think Martha will be making my bed on any ship. Although that could be a funny cruise special. Show up and your steward is a Stewart.

I may not agree with this, but I do not agree with lots of things. Greet each day with a smile is my motto.

She made a mistake, she paid for the mistake, shes still a great business women which in itself should say volumes about women in businss.

So move on.

I absolutely agree with this, and I don't actually have anything against her. I just don't think that this honor (if it IS an honor) should be bestowed upon her. Royal Caribbean just made Katherine Louise Calder the Godmother of the brand new just-launched Freedom of the Seas.

Who is Ms. Calder, you may ask? No one. No one famous. Not a celebrity. She is being honored for being a role model. She has been a foster mother to more than 400 children in the past 27 years.

Ok, so the whole thing about "godmothers" is somewhat goofy. But as long as it exists, let's honor someone who deserves to be honored!

You gotta love Martha Stewart! It would have been Donald Trump if cruise lines had offcial "GodFathers".....or perhaps Marlon Brando. Let her bust a bottle of bubbly on the bow! I gotta admit she has come a loooooong way! Good for her and good for Princess!

And K-Mart Jeans will be classified as "Formal" wear! /Sultan

Now my Martha question is can she get the whole Crown outfitted with the upgraded bedding? If she can, i t's a good thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

You gotta love Martha Stewart! It would have been Donald Trump if cruise lines had offcial "GodFathers".....or perhaps Marlon Brando. Let her bust a bottle of bubbly on the bow! I gotta admit she has come a loooooong way! Good for her and good for Princess!

NCL is having a man be Godfather for the Pride of Hawaii...please don't give them any ideas....I am sure the Donald would do it for a Million dollars and the ship being named the Pride of Trump...no it would have to be Trump's Pride

The only ship I ever paid attention to the godmother was the "old" Royal Princess whose godmother was Princess Di. With her painting in the Atrium, it was pretty special. Normally, it doesn't make any difference to me who the godmother is. I doubt too many people here could name (without research) who the godmothers of the Princess ships were.

Archived