Martha Stewart as Godmother of the Crown Princess??

bdwyer

Can I just say, I have never liked Martha Stewart. The criminal thing is not a factor she got busted and did her time. There are just other great women in this world who I would like to hold such a post. Martha from what I read can be kind of mean spirited. That is not good.

I have to agree that criminal issues aside, Martha is a mean-spirited, arrogant, self-serving, egotistical *itch. I never liked her and never will.

As far as the other poster's crack regarding the President's alcoholism, at least he is now dry and is honest about it while Martha is and always will be a *itch.

but I have to agree with most here, as big Princess fan (and I only sail Princess), I really prefer what Royal Caribbean did with their new Godmother, choosing someone from real life who made a wonderful contribution. Not that I don't think Martha Stewart has not made an impact on us (I subscribed to her magazine for years and obviously from my post still pick it up occasionally) but Princess could have done better - how about Condoliza Rice or Madeline Albright or a woman in business who has not made the mistakes Martha has...

I've searched the internet for a formal piece of information regarding this and I come up empty-handed. I can't find, even on the Princess website, a press release to this "fact." So maybe, it isn't set in stone yet?

Does anyone have a website where one can find a formal piece of information?

Oh my god.... I hope this doesn't happen.... I personally can't stand Martha Stewart.... And I think it's a bad choice to choose her as a ships Godmother.. They should choose someone, real person or not, that has done something good for the community or country.... Not a person convicted of a crime and has been in Prison... What is Princess thinking?????:cool: :mad:

hmmmm let's see good old stand by's incase Martha gets the boot....New Gingrich, Ted Kennedy or any nephew will do, Pat Robertson, Jerry Fallwell and Tammy Fae Baker!:D

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

hmmmm let's see good old stand by's incase Martha gets the boot....New Gingrich, Ted Kennedy or any nephew will do, Pat Robertson, Jerry Fallwell and Tammy Fae Baker!:D

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

If they give it to Ted Kennedy, better not let him drive himself to the pier..he doesn't do well driving near water :D

Hi all, sorry I'm late to this - I was on the Golden last week :D .

Since we're talking Godmothers...How about Barbra Streisand christening the Crown in her Brooklyn hometown???

BTW, I'm one of those people who actually keep track of such things...scary, I know :eek:

Anyway here's my list of Princess Godmothers.

Royal 84 Diana, Princess of Wales

Crown 90 Sophia Loren

Regal 91 Margaret Thatcher

Sun 95 Lady Sterling

Dawn 97 Love Boat Cast

Sea 98 ?

Grand 98 Olivia deHavlliand

Ocean 00 Ali McGraw

Golden 01 Jane Seymour

Star 02 Gunilla Antonini, wife of the President of Fincantieri

Coral 02 President of Panama

Island 03 Jamie Sale & David Pellitier

Tahitian First Lady of Tahiti, Madame Tonita Flosse

Pacific (new) ?

Diamond 04 Yoshiko Tsukuda wife of Mitsubishi President

Sapphire 04 Nancy Murkowski wife of the governor of Alaska

Caribbean 04 Jill Whelan

...and just think of the opportunities for ... as new features in the Scholarship At Sea program! :eek: :D

Lock picking (gotta get that bracelet off to put the nice cozy around it)

Stock trading do's and don'ts

-----Burton

Laugh all you like. Alcoholism is a disease, not a crime.

Crime?Please.....:cool: who would not do what she did?

Alcoholism its a disease(you get it only if you want it))),but if alcoholic can be a president and take care of the whole country,so why Martha cant be God mother of the ship????:confused:

Personally I think Martha is just a love or hate type person. That is why I think she is wrong. And politics have nothing to do with this. That is just so wrong for these boards.

I will not chose a ship on their Godmother. I chose it for where it goes. Honestly until I read these boards I never knew such a thing as a Godmother existed.

I am a Godmother and I pray those kids make it to 18 without me having to take over raising. It is a responsibility in my world. I do not think Martha will be making my bed on any ship. Although that could be a funny cruise special. Show up and your steward is a Stewart.

I may not agree with this, but I do not agree with lots of things. Greet each day with a smile is my motto.

Good one!!!!!:D

Crime?Please.....:cool: who would not do what she did?

Alcoholism its a disease(you get it only if you want it))),but if alcoholic can be a president and take care of the whole country,so why Martha cant be God mother of the ship????:confused:

Uhh.. you do remember she went down for perjury, not for the stock sale itself, right?

I think most of us, including myself, would not lie after swearing on a bible to tell the truth.

Uhh.. you do remember she went down for perjury, not for the stock sale itself, right?

I think most of us, including myself, would not lie after swearing on a bible to tell the truth.

1. She served her time.

2. They no longer ask you to swear on a bible in court.

1. She served her time.

1. I agree, I was just arguing against the statement "who wouldn't do what she did." I have nothing against her and would be proud to have her as a godmother to a ship I sailed.

2. Interesting, lucky for me I haven't been to court so I wouldn't know. (they still use them on TV!) But the point is that most of us wouldn't lie when under oath or affirmation, I think.

Hi all, sorry I'm late to this - I was on the Golden last week :D .

Since we're talking Godmothers...How about Barbra Streisand christening the Crown in her Brooklyn hometown???

Hello, Sharon.

Congratulations on your 1,000th post on Cruise Critic :D . I think Barbra Streisand would be a wonderful choice, BTW.

More on the topic:

I've never been a fan of Martha Stewart, but I think it's possible that many "good things" could come from her possible association with Princess. First and foremost, the christening of the ship will likely generate plenty of media coverage, and following the Star fire, Princess would benefit from some positive promotion.

Presumably, Martha would be onboard for the duration of the voyage - I know that Jill Whelan spent her honeymoon on the Caribbean Princess. Maybe several episodes of Martha's TV show will be filmed on the ship for future airing? Perhaps there would be an agreement that Princess will advertise during Martha's show? A good marketing strategy for Princess, methinks ;) .

Martha Stewart is a talented and shrewd businesswoman, to be sure, and her affiliation with Princess, if this comes to fruition, would be mutually gratifying for Martha and Princess :D . jmo

Bon Voyage!

Chris

1. She served her time..

Yes, she served her time. But that did not expunge her criminal record. She is and always will be a criminal with a record.:eek:

Now, that's something to be proud of - a criminal to be honored as Godmother of the Crown Princess! :confused:

It must have something to do with financial gain on the parts of both Ms Stewart and the cruise line/parent company.:D

Pretty pathetic!:(

Archived