Are kaki shorts and dressy top ok for a smart casual night?

mstv

I have black, brown, and kaki shorts...do you think it would be okay to wear these with dressy tops for smart casual nights?

Smart casual is a step up from casual.

Frankly, I cannot imagine "dressy" tops with any pair of shorts, but that is JMO.

And shorts are never appropriate in the formal dining rooms but welcome in the casual dining venues aboard.

Kaki according to wikipedia is a type of persimmon.

Khaki according to wikipedia is a color.

Picky perhaps - but shorts are considered a "no-no" in the dining room at the evening meal.

We'll currently on the Pacific Princess we have a couple of violators showing up in any colour type shorts for Dinner!....

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

We'll currently on the Pacific Princess we have a couple of violators showing up in any colour type shorts for Dinner!....

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Hiya Tony.. You can always throw them overboard.. :D

Why does this question keep coming up? Shorts are not allowing in the formal dining room for dinner. Plus, it is rather chilly in most dining rooms to wear shorts. Slacks, skirts and capri's (smart casual), but no jeans or shorts.

Why does this question keep coming up? Shorts are not allowing in the formal dining room for dinner.

Check out how many posts the OP has and do you really wonder why a known "hot topic" where the answer is readily available to anyone who reads these boards for even a short time, is the question being asked? I know that everyone of us at some time posted our first few posts, but I doubt that many of us asked questions that seemed intentionally designed to stir up the board.:rolleyes:

negc.. I checked her 3 other posts.. I think she is really a new cruiser..

Largin I think your right!! Just off the Crown & met a very nice couple we ate dinner with a few times...both professionals, never heard of CC, guess what HE showed up in for dinner? Just guess, you don't wanna know, but he looked fine from the table up...good thing there was long tablecloth to cover him up!! LOL

Sorry if this was posted a hundred times. I'm new to the board and just figured I'd ask for help.

I'm not trying to be inappropriate for dinner by dressing, it's just that I'm in the middle of my 2nd trimester of pregnancy and am trying not to buy too many maternity clothes since I have to buy clothes for both the summer and winter seasons. I have a lot of summer maternity shorts, but was hoping to wait on buying maternity pants until I'm a little bit bigger. I'm a teacher so I really don't have to "dress to impress" until school starts again (and by then I'll be considerably bigger and will need bigger clothes.) I just wanted to know if kacki and black shorts would be acceptable since they are a step up from jean shorts...but I guess my husband will just have to suck it up and take me shopping again...darn..ha ha. ;) thanks for the advise everyone! Enjoy your trips!

Get a nice pair of black pants and a few different tops; if you wore black pants every night with a different top and change your jewelry, I guarantee nobody's gonna notice. Have a great cruise and congrats on the baby. Kellie in Texas

Welcome to the Princess board and don't worry about some of the responses, It is a question that is asked alot but is outlined in the Princess Answer Book that you will receive in your pre cruise docs about 45 days before you cruise. just post often. ;)

When I was pregnant, I bought some biking shorts, leggings and jeans to wear with the oversized tunic tops that became my standard outfit at work and leisure. The bottoms will have a stretchy part that will fit you from four months on until the end of your pregnancy. You won't have to keep going up sizes (except for underwear).

I don't remember what I took with me on our 3-day cruise at the time, other than a long dress (yes, a rayon maternity dress bought at JC Penneys) and a maternity bathing suit. But look at natural fibers so you'll be comfortable. Unfortunately many manufacturers seem to think polyesther should be used....WRONG!!!!

Ok My opinion for OP - If your pregnant whatever you feel comfy in you should wear. Pregnant ladies should be exceptions to all rules. If shorts are comfy you should be allowed in the dining rooms. I remember being very hot and uncomfortable when I was pregnant, shorts may be cooler. Also why should a pregnant lady be forced to stand in line at a buffet? She should sit, have a nice meal in the dining room. Soon enough she will never have the time to sit for a full nice dinner in a while at least. I say the "rules" don't apply here - I'm sure the CEO of Princess would bend them for a pregnant lady on smart casual nights.

Congradulations and I hope you have a great time!

People are going to ask and ask the same questions over and over. Just skip those threads if they bug you. No one has to read all of the boards.

Now to the OP. Get yourself a simple black dress that will work for the whole pregnancy. I did and I loved it. Also go to Once Upon a Child. They have consignment maternity clothes. I loved buying there because I never did get enough wear out of my maternity things. MOst of the stuff looked new! (I'm a believer in consignment).

Ok My opinion for OP - If your pregnant whatever you feel comfy in you should wear. Pregnant ladies should be exceptions to all rules. If shorts are comfy you should be allowed in the dining rooms. I remember being very hot and uncomfortable when I was pregnant, shorts may be cooler. Also why should a pregnant lady be forced to stand in line at a buffet? She should sit, have a nice meal in the dining room. Soon enough she will never have the time to sit for a full nice dinner in a while at least. I say the "rules" don't apply here - I'm sure the CEO of Princess would bend them for a pregnant lady on smart casual nights.

Congradulations and I hope you have a great time!

Why should there be an exception? Pregnancy is a condition not an illness. If a pregnant woman is so uncomfortable that she needs to wear shorts in the dining room or be waited on in the HC, then she should not be away from the comforts of home!

Why should there be an exception? Pregnancy is a condition not an illness. If a pregnant woman is so uncomfortable that she needs to wear shorts in the dining room or be waited on in the HC, then she should not be away from the comforts of home!

Who gives you the right to say someone needs to stay home because they are pregnant and needs a little extra help?

Because some of you have traveled with Princess for years you think that you own the ship? Please!

Get over yourself

To the OP....I would as another suggested buy a reasonably priced loose fitting black dress and a pair of black pants that will take you through your pregnancy.....go to places like Ross, Marshalls, or the Old Navy website for really good deals....also Chadwick's and Newport news have good deals on clothing. However, I would not show up in the dining room in shorts preganant or not. I would suspect (from reading your postings) you are someone that cares about how you look and would not feel comfortable going to the dining room and being the only one in shorts. Be sure to click over on Cruisecritic to the fashion board....I am sure there will be a lot of info on what other expectant moms do for cruise attire.

I would much rather have a legit question asked over and over by a new member than have someone be afraid to ask and not get the info..yes, it is posted on PCL and will be in their cruise docs but most woman buy/plan their outfits way before the docs arrive. This has been asked before but a lot of people dont have the time to go back and read posts that are several pages back....

MSTV....keep posting, asking questions, even if you think it has been asked before....and you will find a wealth of cruising info on this site....This is what this site is all about....sharing cruise info, experiences, and the love for getting away from it all on PCL.

Hi,does it really matter what you wear? I will love getting dressed up , only because it will probably be another six years before I do it again!! if it looks good and not offensive and you feel good in it wear it I say. besides I am more interested in the person and their conversation than what they have on.:)

Jean

Archived