Sovereign Jr Suite - which one?

When we booked on the Sovereign, we took the last JS available - 1086.

Now that the final payment date has passed, some other cabins have become available - websites are showing 1546,1554, and 1056. There may be others.

Any recommendations? I've read that in some cabins you can hear them rearranging the deck chairs at night. Should we stay where we are or try to get closer to the elevators?

Thanks,

Melissa

Now that the final payment date has passed, some other cabins have become available - websites are showing 1546,1554, and 1056. There may be others.

Any recommendations? I've read that in some cabins you can hear them rearranging the deck chairs at night. Should we stay where we are or try to get closer to the elevators?

Thanks,

Melissa

I had #1588 which is the last cabin on the port side and yes there was noise from people running back and forth. I got used to it and have booked the same cabin again for the Majesty but I think that you will hear noise just about anywhere on that deck due to the fact that it is the pool deck above. I did like the location. Very close to the stairs and outside.

What noise you MAY hear, shouldn't disturb you! Unless you're planning on going to sleep at 9pm, the noise is negligable! If you don't fancy alot of walking, go for closer to the elevators--the halls are long! But--not so long that you will suffer from exhaustion!!!!

What noise you MAY hear, shouldn't disturb you! Unless you're planning on going to sleep at 9pm, the noise is negligable! If you don't fancy alot of walking, go for closer to the elevators--the halls are long! But--not so long that you will suffer from exhaustion!!!!

We heard running around at 12 and 1 in the morning so yes you may hear the noise later in the evening and it can wake you up.

Thanks,

Melissa

We had the cabin directly across from you (1584) and heard NOTHING from above.

We were in 1040, the other side of the ship and heard some noise but not enough to bother us at all. In fact if we were to book Sovereign again we'd try to get the same room. It's a good location. The JS is a very nice room.

• 2 weeks later...

We like any of the the last three aft cabins on the Monarch, which I think is the same layout as Sovereign. The reason we prefer those is that the bumpout from the Windjammer & pool area is much less, so the balcony is fully covered but much brighter than the others, which have another 4-6 feet of overhang over them.

The portside seemed to be quite a bit noisier than starboard with stomping from above - I guess more kids went to the kids' club on that side. But there wasn't too much noise when we were sleeping, at least not that I noticed.

Carol,

I know you're an expert when it comes to info about the Sovereign of the Seas. I have some questions about the obstructed views of Cabins 8018, 8024 and 9046. I know they have full or partially obstructed views, but does the the Deck 8 and Deck 9 walkway go past our cabin windows whee people could actually see in if we left the curtains open?

Sorry to jump in here, but had no other way to contact you. If you want, you can email me at copnlpn2@comcast.net....

Thanks!

Cindy

Carol,

I know you're an expert when it comes to info about the Sovereign of the Seas. I have some questions about the obstructed views of Cabins 8018, 8024 and 9046. I know they have full or partially obstructed views, but does the the Deck 8 and Deck 9 walkway go past our cabin windows whee people could actually see in if we left the curtains open?

Sorry to jump in here, but had no other way to contact you. If you want, you can email me at copnlpn2@comcast.net....

Thanks!

Cindy

Carol is on the Crown right now, just FYI..

I have booked JS 1562 for our 20th anniversary trip. Is this a good location?? never sailed on RCCL before and have no clue about anything on this line. Also, on another thread, they were talking about how disgusting the bathrooms were in a JS. Is this the case. Maybe I should rethink and do a 7 day cruise on one of the newer ships.

Also, Have seriously thought about changing the resv. to a oceanview. The cost is more than half off.

Thanks,

Pam

I have booked JS 1562 for our 20th anniversary trip. Is this a good location?? never sailed on RCCL before and have no clue about anything on this line. Also, on another thread, they were talking about how disgusting the bathrooms were in a JS. Is this the case. Maybe I should rethink and do a 7 day cruise on one of the newer ships.

Also, Have seriously thought about changing the resv. to a oceanview. The cost is more than half off.

Thanks,

Pam

In my very recent experience, I do not think this is a good location due to noise from above deck that we had in the middle of the night all three nights of the cruise. IMO, the JS was NOT worth the significantly higher cost. Our bathroom was not the cleanest.

If you have the option of a newer ship, I would recommend you go with it personally. For the size of the ship there was an awful lot of people:( and it felt very crowded.

If a short cruise is all you can do, SOS is a good choice but personally, I would opt for a longer cruise in a lesser cabin.

Carol,

Thanks!

Cindy

The walkway is on deck 7, I walked it everyday twice a day. Deck 8 and Deck 9 are above. That's why they're obstructed, the lifeboats hang above deck 7 (from floor of deck 10, which is the pool deck). So at night I could only look into the cabins of deck 7. So the promenade deck is deck 7, then 8-10 feet up are the windows for deck 8 and another 8-10 feet up are the deck 9 windows then the ceiling (floor of deck 10).

Thanks, wolfcathorse, for answering my question and alleviating our concerns. We don't mind (much) looking at a lifeboat, but don't relish the thought of other cruisers looking at us in our skivvies!

Caviargirl - thanks too for the heads-up to Carol's location. Anytime I think of the Sovereign, she comes to mind so that's why I initially posed the question to her.

When the price break (senior and I think resident discounts) happened the other day, I jumped on them because I saved $270, then changed our cabins from inside Deck 2 to the oceanviews on Decks 8 and 9 and still saved about $10! Still have time to hope for another cut in price (we sail Oct. 23rd) so we could move up in categories again. But there's a big jump in price between a Superior Ocean View Deck 8 and a Junior Suite, and besides - I'm saving my "suite" money for an aft balcony cabin on a Voyager class ship sailing next year!

Cindy

Archived