"Must Eats" on Celebrity?

laura1960

In the specialty restaurants on the M-class I loved the prawns wrapped in pancetta. It was prepared at the table and so delicious.

Yep. It is great, but I did not like the asparagus rissotto served with it.

Also, on both M-class cruises I've taken there was a dessert served the first night...I don't know the name but it tasted like a very elegant kit-kat ;)

I think it is called "Chocolate Royale" and is really good. But, the chocolate souffle with creme anglais in the Specialty Restaurant is just excellent. You won't be sorry!

Appetizer in the dining room: try the phyllo pastry with spinach on emmenthal sauce. Small, but wonderful. :)

I have to add the creme brulee and pear gratin oh and I loved the ceaser salads usually had atleast one a day.The bread sticks grew on me by the end of the cruise i had one in each hand always.I have to say been on many different cruise lines and Celebrity is upwards on my list,and like the previous poster said the best part I'M NOT COOKING IT or cleaning up.

On the Summit / Feb 2005 I ate the Prawns and Pancetta in the Normandie rest. It WAS indeed PRAWNS and it was indeed PANCETTA and as a matter of fact it was wonderful. Prepared table side/ cooked to perfection and not a minute longer. Very tasty. Not a rosotto fan either but this is in general not specific. I would list that under "give it a go". And (if I must) I will amend my previous reccomendation Chocolate Souffle-it is oozzzzzing with rich dark ultra creamy chocolate, the outside literally light as a feather and the combination...heavenly. Is that a better discription?:D I hope your happy now I am going to break my diet! I am starving!

Teleskier: your post was very cordial and pleasant until you started your sarcastic tirade. Can't you just make a point without putting down the opinions and observations of others? (By whom you are outnumbered greatly by the by.)

I almost forgot these! They were heavenly and very large. I split one w/DH and he then wanted to go back for another but they were all gone!

Oh, yes! I do agree with you. YUMMY! YUMMY!:D They don't make them everyday so when you see them you have to be fast:)

Although I recognize that they are an acquired taste, the veal sweetbreads are sublime, the best I've ever had.

The "drunken chicken" which is what I would call Coq au Vin is also super. I ordered it and offered DH a taste, he is still talking about it!

The cream of cauliflower soup was delish. Also I agree with the spinach and filo appetizer. But have to say absolutely the best breakfast of any line I have sailed is the CC class breakfast room service. Only ate out of the room one day. Sorry I missed those cinnamon buns though. Will try to catch them in Sept.;)

Oh yes, the sweetbreads. My DH has been looking to have them FOREVER, and finally these were totally worth the wait:D

Ice cream is freshly made, so fresh in fact that my DH had a mild allergic reaction to the black cherry one since he's sensitive to some fruit.

Be brave and experiment with new flavors. Buttermilk-lychee fruit flavor is very special.

I must be easy to please but I get sent up at 12:45 to get a whole veggie pizza or the special of the day, ie , chicken and avocado and my DW and I watch a movie and munch on pizza and pop every night before bed.

We love the Celebrity freshly made pizza's. I ll take that over any soups, beefs, lamb, desserts on the ship esp at midnight.

Don

THanks for the tips on the "M" class specialty restautant items. We're looking forward to our first cruise on Infinity in November - Ft. Lauderdale to Valpariso. Have sailed on Horizon twice (too bad she's gone) and found the food supurb. All of the soups, all of the ice creams-but especially the Rack of Lamb - Done to perfection with a wonderful sauce. Only three ribs but the waiter was more than happy to bring seconds and even thirds which I split with the wife!!

Thanks, all.....everything sounds wonderful and so, so yummy. I didn't do a scientific count, but it sure sounds like the goat cheese souffle was on a lot of lists, as well as the waffles and the mushroom dish. And those chocolate desserts....mmmmmmmmmmm!

Can't wait to try them all - it's been fun (albeit mouth-watering) reading all these descriptions! Now if I can only stay on my diet until then!

Laura

Tip to keep the salt air from shrinking your clothes too much.

Agree with just about all comments, (except sushi, just

ain't my thing)

If you ask your waiter you can get a relish tray

(celery, carrots, cucumbers, radishes, raw mushrooms etc.) when you

sit down for dinner.

Find that it cuts down on indulging in the bread basket

You can also order a fruit and cheese plate (which is actually a dessert) for an appetizer. The selection changes every day. This is also a good choice for room service if you want a nibble to go with your pre-dinner wine/drink in your room.

All this food talk, I have to book another cruise!

Glad I'll be going on the Millie in 9 days, guess I'll stop eating right after lunch, so I'll have room for all those simply can't miss delights. I just had to add my favorite CREM BRULE' It is absolutely the best. Had it on the Summit and the Galaxy, wish I could make it at home. Hope Millie has it too. Now that I know I could order 2 desserts I just might have dessert for supper.Yum Yum

I just came back from my 1st X cruise, and I have to say all the regular "naughty" stuff I used to eat pre-cruise just doesn't tempt me any more. It's just not as good as the X stuff, so I skip it a lot now.

My sin is dessert, and after X chocolate pastries, who wants to eat Oreos? Not me! :p

Tip to keep the salt air from shrinking your clothes too much.

Agree with just about all comments, (except sushi, just

ain't my thing)

If you ask your waiter you can get a relish tray

(celery, carrots, cucumbers, radishes, raw mushrooms etc.) when you

sit down for dinner.

Find that it cuts down on indulging in the bread basket

:D Boy what a supper idea! I can never stop from having just one more until they are all gone!:o I love the relish tray idea, and they are good for you ! :o:D:o DH and I eat early so don't do sushi and after dinner who has any more room?

I am so glad you started this post. I have read them before and enjoy them every time. cant imagine a "non-foodie" going on a cruise !!

I liked just about everything!!

-the escargot- wonderful!

-sushi

-waffles

-choc and almond croissants

-homemade doughnuts

-homemade sherbets

-the aqua spa food **be sure to check the small chalk board to see what made to order items they are serving. One day my DH and i had the most fabulous skewered, grilled shrimp and scallops. I swear, I dont think anyone even kn ew it was being offered !

-silly-i know, but the turkey dinner they offer is very good also

-fruit and cream tarts

-i agree that martinis should be ice cold but i still like the martini tasting and wouldnt miss it ( its always the first day) great way to see what type you like

-any food at the specialty restaurant

-breakfast on my aft balcony

Mmmmm cant wait till feb......

Nadine

Well, I will continue to indulge in the bread basket as they make the greatest bread sticks on earth. I have no idea what makes them different, but they're divine.

I also had a soup, I believe they called it "Madelaine" that was a creamy corn soup. It was a little cup of heaven!

Another thing, on my first X cruise, I LOST 2 pounds. I am not a woman that loses weight accidentally. ;) We were so active and even though the food is delicious, they serve reasonable portions (you're on your own at the buffet!) at every meal. You get a little bit of everything and you feel full and have no guilt.

It's *Very* different from the average American dining experience where every entree is enough for three meals. My husband is vegan, and X also has a wonderful vegetarian and vegan menu that I ate off of quite a bit as well. I don't think we had anything that we truly did not like.

This trip however, we'll be going to the Normandie, which we did not do last time. I'm looking forward to it! :)

Tammy

This is a great thread, food is my favourite subject!

Here are my favourite food items on Celebrity:

Main dining room:

Appertisers- Escargots, Montrachet potato gratin

Entrees- Lamb cutlets, beef tenderloin

The Celebrity dressing!

Buffet- the homemade breakfast muesli

Speciality restaurant- Goats cheese souffle, flambeed scampi, chocolate souffle.

Yet to try the chocolate croissants in the Cova cafe, must do that on my next cruise in September!

Lisa

I also find this a very interesting thread, as I'll be on the Infinity to Alaska next weekend. I love souffles, and it sounds like the goat cheese is not to be missed. I'm so looking forward to the muesli also. I've never heard so many people rave about cereal. Must be good.

event.png

This doesn't rank with the superb items listed. Someone mentioned hamburgers. We ordered a cheese burger from room service - more curious then hungry ;). We didn't expect much. It was great and came on a really good roll rather then the cheap white buns by the pool. The fries were also terrific, hot and crunchy. We were really surprised.

12 weeeks till the Mercury - my mouth is watering!

Archived