Crown Princess Incident

Nliedel

Nancy and Carol,

We heard what was happening on the Crown here first because of you.... It didn't hit the news until 2 hrs later. And, they didn't have the details like what you gave....

On the 11pm news they reported more. Exactly what you stated, several hrs before. They also stated that they cancelled the shows, and limited dining. Did they close the bars? Could use a drink or two after that experience....

My heart goes out to each and everyone of you.... Especially the people who were injured....

Princess has always stepped up to the plate. They responded so quickly. They truly care about their passengers.....

Thanks for filling us in.....

Chris

Posted by Caviargal

"You took the words right out of my mouth. This post and the one referring to "comp" meals really hit me the wrong way".

Posted by Nliedel (from onboard Crown Princess)

"I am happy with our compensation and will be enjoying a delighful dinner in Tennessee on Princess".

Thanks for passing judgement again Caviargal.

Nancy & Carol,

So relieved the 2 of you are alright.

Thanks for the updates and I hope your trip home goes well.

Do you know if the other cc members from your roll call are okay? I'm hoping terpla & family are alright.

Take care,

J.

I read the news reports and the statement from Princess this morning about the Crown Princess incident. Here's what I have to say:

This is strike three for the Grand class ships. February saw strike one with a similar listing incident on the Grand Princess. March saw strike two with the Star Princess fire. This list on the Crown is strike three. My mom has always told me that things come in three's. Hopefully the bad luck for the Grand class ships is over for this season.

I wish the best to all the passengers. I also hope that if any repairs need to be made to the ship, they are made quickly and the ship can return to service.

Not this has much to do with the incident, but I find it interesting how Titanic was scheduled to play at the MUTS (at least that's what some news sources are saying). I also find it interesting how Martha Stewart was the one to christen the ship. (This is just my supersticious (sp?) side talking).

After (years ago) having worked closely with a person who constantly speculated, predicted the worst of every circumstance and fully believed in all conspiracy theories, I will wait until all has settled until I believe any news stories regarding this incident, I have a very healthy distrust of the news media. Everyone should. There is no way to fully understand what happened until a thorough investigation is completed.

I am truly sorry for those who have suffered, passengers as well as crew and staff. I do hope for all to have a speedy recovery, both physical and emotional.

Thank you to the CC posters, Carol and Nancy, who posted what and when they could. I have high hopes that somehow you will also recover some of your photos and that you return home quickly and without any further incident. You're all in my thoughts today.

Tears rolling down my face I am SO saddened for everyone on board!!!!

I wish everyone a safe journey home!!!

Out with Martha Stewart & in with Carol & Nancy!! Thanks for all your postings, wish it could have ended differently!!

Susan

Not to get all the consiracy theorists on the edge of their seats, but I find it very interesting that the Crown Princess' sailing just prior to this one did not leave the dock on time. Instead of leaving at their scheduled 5PM, it didn't leave until after 1AM sighting a fuel delivery problem. They missed their first port of call at Turks because of the late departure.

Could these two incidents be connected in some way? Perhaps. But I sure hope to God that Princess didn't send people out into open water with a serious and known problem with the ship.

Carol and Nancy - God Bless you all! I can't even imagine what you people went through. God get you home safely and I'll keep you in my prayers. My cousin called and told me that CNN reported that 2 individuals lost their lives in the melee. HORRIBLE TRAGEDY. I know Princess will step up and take care of travelers.

Peggy, Norwood MA:(

it is true, the movie 'titanic' was shown in 'm u t s' on the last sea day of the 7/2 cruise. also in addition i found it quite inappropriate that there was a back-drop of the titanics grand stair case for formal night photos.

imho it shows complete arrogance

it is true, the movie 'titanic' was shown in 'm u t s' on the last sea day of the 7/2 cruise. also in addition i found it quite inappropriate that there was a back-drop of the titanics grand stair case for formal night photos.

imho it shows complete arrogance

Tthe Grand Staircase backdrop is on all ships for formal night-there's nothing inappropriate about it.

I see Carnival stock is up about a buck or 2.5%. MIT that!

We all know what BS is. MS is just More of the Same. PhD just means Piled Higher and Deeper.

Personally, I hoped everyone would follow the previous advice. If they had the price would fall and I'd have a great buy opportunity!

-Monte

Well I see I am being mocked about my degree and advice which is fine. I am not going to stoop to a lower being just to play kids games but we economist are the ones that predict and follow the economies of the world so when we head into a dowturn which we are do for one because we can not always be going up you will be wodering why the economist did not warn you and now you are laid off and your retirement funds are in a downturn. :):):) The damage from this is not going to happen right away if you would read my post correctly I said when they post their next earnings there might be something in there about the lost the occurred due to this accident. You can not say that Princess spending a ton of money that they will not get back will not affect the books it makes no sense.

CNN reported this morning that a passenger was told by a senior officer on the Crown that the list was 38 degrees and a list of 45 would capsize the ship.

The 2 serious injuries are a young girl with a femur fracture and a man with a punctured lung.

Paul

Look at this local paper:

http://www.nydailynews.com/

Call me superstitious too, but I also find this interesting....wasn't Andy Procter the Grand's captain in February with the turn/tilt?? I also thought about the fuel incident last week and Martha Stewart christening the ship.

I hope we REALLY find the truth to what went wrong.

I am concerned for all concerned, and glad that the ship is in port and pax are getting off safely and heading home. I'm sure home never sounded so good!

Does anyone know when the Crown will leave Port Canaveral and head to NY?

The Grand Staircase backdrop is on all ships for formal night-there's nothing inappropriate about it.

Excuse me...........IMHO

there's nothing wrong with a grand staircase backdrop.

Feel better now?

Archived