Which Cruise Would you Pick?

nitterm

In 2007 my wife will celebrate a big birthday and she wants to take a very memorable cruise on Princess to celebrate her birthday in September . I've already decided on reserving the Owners Suite on which ever cruise we take. Which cruise would you take and why; 1) 12-day Tahiti to Hawaii, 2) 12-day British Isles and Coastal and 3) 16-day Scandinavia & Fjords. Thanks for you help.

well.. obviously the fjords one.. more days.. more cruise is always better! and I'm all about goin' where it might be cold rather than goin' where it's for sure going to be hot, given the choice.. somethin' 'bout bein' female and 50, I reckon..

anno

MBW1024,

Have done the Canal twice the last time last October. Both times on the Coral Princess our favorite ship. You might want to consider taking the Coral to Ft.Lauderdale from L.A. when it comes out of Alaska. Thanks

I'd take the 15-day LA > Hawaii > LA cruise. The reason? If you're in the Owners Suite, you're going to appreciate the sea days when you can relax and be romantic in your cabin and this itinerary has lots of sea days. I wouldn't spend all that money on a port-intensive cruise where you're gone all day and just using the cabin at night to shower, change and sleep. If you can stretch your cruise timeline into 2008, come and join us on the 31-day Sapphire Princess cruise from Sydney to LA: interesting ports but also lots of sea days. I don't think there are two port days together so you would be able to really enjoy your cabin.

If you're in the Owners Suite, you're going to appreciate the sea days when you can relax and be romantic in your cabin.

I wouldn't spend all that money on a port-intensive cruise where you're gone all day and just using the cabin at night to shower, change and sleep.

Very good reasoning, Pam in MA. Good idea for any cruise.

I would take Hawaii/Tahiti. Romance, warmth, the tropics and all those memorable sunsets...for a something to remember this is the one!

I'm with you on this one, barbarah33

On a serious note, nittrem, which itinerary do you think your wife would enjoy the most? What part of the world would make the cruise more memorable for her? Or does she care? Maybe as long as she's on a cruise and with you, she'd be happy. You know her best.

Let us know.....I'm sure everyone is interested in which cruise you decide on as we have all put in our 2 cents worth.

Hawaii would be my first choice . Having been there first hand I can tell you it is some of the most breath taking sceneries I have ever seen . If you want romance this would be the cruise to do . You can do the others another time .

We are planning a cruise to Hawaii this fall but not on the Pacific Princess .

In 2007 my wife will celebrate a big birthday and she wants to take a very memorable cruise on Princess to celebrate her birthday in September . I've already decided on reserving the Owners Suite on which ever cruise we take. Which cruise would you take and why; 1) 12-day Tahiti to Hawaii, 2) 12-day British Isles and Coastal and 3) 16-day Scandinavia & Fjords. Thanks for you help.

Here's what I'd think:

1. Hawaii/Tahiti if she's a beach loving impossible romantic and wants warm evenings on the balcony watching the sunset with a glass of champagne and sand between her toes during the day. If this birthday is 30, pick this!

2. British Isles if she is an anglophile, doesn't mind that it might rain and is ok with packing a sweater in exchange for some really pretty green scenery, some good beer, castles and possibly a more "civilized" vacation. if this birthday is 60, pick this! (or for 40 if she likes beer)

3. Scandanavia if she has a sense of adventure or a love of all things old (history), because there's quite a variety of it on that itinerary. Friendly people, nice scenery might make up for the lack of warm weather. If this birthday is 50, she might appreciate the cool weather, pick this! :p

20, 40, 65, 70, 80--no clear winner but no way to lose either.:D

You sound like a thoughtful hubby, have a wonderful time on your trip!!!

If your wife is a historical buff, then go with British Isles. If your wife likes the idea of reaching the "north pole" and would like to visit places she doesn't go often, then try the Scandinavia&Fjords. If she likes the beach and lounge around in the sun, then go with the Tahitian cruise. The southamerican cruises are exotic and scenic. You can try that one.

Tahiti!!!

Archived