*Report from the Voyage of the Spammed*

RevNeal

Greg, glad you made it. Mr. Deering called me from Oosterdam, startled me at dinner, they will be in at 6am, they will be on south side of the pier. Zaandam will be on North side, so it looks like the Oosterdam people have the tents! :)

Thanks for letting me know!!! :D That's good to know.

I'll be up watching and photographing from my balcony. :D

DW is a little jet lagged so we will not be making it for drinks this evening. We are going to be meeting for breakfast at the hotel restaurant (Holiday Inn on the Bay) tomorrow morning at 9am. If you can drop by we'd love to meet you and some ofthe other Zaandam cruisers in person. I left you a voicemail in your room.

Thank you ... got the voice mail. I'll try to be down there for breakfast at 9 am. :) Can't think of any reason why not to do it. :D

How exciting to see the ship in port!!! I'm keeping it open so I can look throughout the day:) .

I'm just so glad Ruth made it to dinner! I know she was concerned she'd be tired from the trip, but lobster called!!!!:D

Everyone has to be so excited and "up" today. It's almost making me happy by proxy.

So the Oosterdam people are the tent people:D I slept in this morning so I am now just getting a chance to check in. Sounds like dinner was wonderful. I had an idea if I only had thought of it earlier. I have several free tickets on SW Airlines, I could have flown down last night to join all of you or at least this morning if I would have planned this even a couple of days ago:o It would have been fun to help you celebrate in you Bon Voyage:)

Just to let all of you Spam Dammers know, because you are on the North side the angle of the Web Cam will be a bit different than the other side where you can see straight on. You need to be more toward the starbaord side of the bow to be able to see everyone.

This mornings picture is a bit faded out /white but I think later today it will be better especially if the clouds burn off.:) 1160192976396963.jpg

So the Oosterdam people are the tent people:D

We don't mind being the tent people at all. We are very happy to be boarding the ship in a couple of hours.:D

Have a look at us on the cam also.:)

Have a great trip Spam Dammers.

So the Oosterdam people are the tent people:D

We don't mind being the tent people at all. We are very happy to be boarding the ship in a couple of hours.:D

Have a look at us on the cam also.:)

Have a great trip Spam Dammers.

Grampy: "Tent People" and "Fresh Meat" - You have hit the jack pot, my friend. Enjoy your cruise and forgive my Saturday dopiness. Where can I find the cam for the O? I will look for a "Butcher in Shorts".

Grampy: "Tent People" and "Fresh Meat" - You have hit the jack pot, my friend. Enjoy your cruise and forgive my Saturday dopiness. Where can I find the cam for the O? I will look for a "Butcher in Shorts".

Both ships show up in the San Diego cam. Zoom in on either using the slide bar to the right.

http://live6.truelook.com/face/newface.jsp?func=live&name=/ecodb/sandiego/oneamerica2&pan=-101.48572&tilt=-12.994281&panfov=19.214195&tiltfov=14.976375&overl ay=default&skin=default&useapplet=true&time=116022 5838810&width=640&height=480&quality=65&catalognam e=catalog&imagemap.x=-458&imagemap.y=-343&imagemap.w=1556&imagemap.h=1167

Just to let all of you Spam Dammers know, because you are on the North side the angle of the Web Cam will be a bit different than the other side where you can see straight on. You need to be more toward the starbaord side of the bow to be able to see everyone.

This mornings picture is a bit faded out /white but I think later today it will be better especially if the clouds burn off.:) 1160192976396963.jpg

Lisa,

The San Diego webcam is extremely sharp this morning and the closeup of the bow is perfect. I think the cloudiness is helping....sometimes the sun can cause glare which distorts the picture.

Thanks Hammy, we will enjoy the cruise and new friends. It would be nice to have some "ham" on the ship with us. :p

The shorts are on.:D I still have to get my jeans out of the dryer for the dining room on formal night.:eek:

The Arrival of the Oosterdam and the Zaandam was lovely this morning. It's always an impressive sight to behold.

I notice Dan beat me to posting a a shot, but here's a few more!

The Oosterdam's Approach:

oost1.jpg

oost2.jpg

Oh Greg, those are fantastic:) I especially love the one of the Oosterdam and the FULL Moon. Isn't it just great getting up and watching those ship come in. We did that in Vancouver and it was truly one of the best parts of our vacation.

Agree!.....Loved the moon pictures.:)

Archived