*Report from the Voyage of the Spammed*

RevNeal

I could not agree with you more Rita:

I am luckier than most since I only live about a 20 minute shuttle ride from the pier but never leave home before 2:00 p.m. and I usually breeze right through all the formalities and am onboard and in my cabin with 20 minutes of having arrived at the terminal.

I know that I will have many great Lido lunches ahead of me on the cruise so I can certainly afford to miss one.

Valerie:)

Make that 3. I would probably be at the SD Zoo and/or Balboa Park and would board, with no problem or delay, between 2-3.

The pre-cruise dinner of many of us Spam-damers (or is it dam Spamdamers?) has been sufficiently chronocled. We've managed to gather on the bow of the ship for the traditional wave, and we've also managed to gather with our fellow CC'ers on the Oosterdam to wave at each other.

But one of the nicest ways we have come together was seen this morning in the spirit of teamwork that got us through the madhouse of embarkation in san Diego. I won't declare it was the worst embarkation I have been through, but it sure was a contender! :eek:

Somehow we managed to help get each other's luggage to where it was needed to be (thanks, Jeff! thanks, Adele!), and we all boarded. I think.

Yeah, I'm sure I've seen everyone. I think.

The pre-cruise dinner of many of us Spam-damers (or is it dam Spamdamers?) has been sufficiently chronocled. We've managed to gather on the bow of the ship for the traditional wave, and we've also managed to gather with our fellow CC'ers on the Oosterdam to wave at each other.

But one of the nicest ways we have come together was seen this morning in the spirit of teamwork that got us through the madhouse of embarkation in san Diego. I won't declare it was the worst embarkation I have been through, but it sure was a contender! :eek:

Somehow we managed to help get each other's luggage to where it was needed to be (thanks, Jeff! thanks, Adele!), and we all boarded. I think.

Yeah, I'm sure I've seen everyone. I think.

Ruth,

Did the luggage and boarding process make the ship late for departure?

Several of us commented on the long lines we could see via the Web Cam. Looked like things were really backed up as early as 11:40 a.m. Wow! I wish you all a wonderful cruise with smooth seas and sunny days.

It's Reveille Time!!!!

Time to get up!:D Time's awastin' ... get in gear ... take a spin around the decks ... grab your coffee, sit yourselves down and start typing.

We want the real deal on everyone ... all the behind the scenes chatter. We won't tell anyone:) . All your secrets are safe here.

Thanks for checking in, Ruth.....Happy you are all safely underway and we're eager and waiting for REPORTS....we want to hear it all!!!! :D

Have fun........and then hurry here to tell us about it. ;)

Oh No, since we have not heard from them there could only be two reasons. 1. They are having sattelite problems and cannot get an Internet connection or 2. They are just having too DAM MUCH FUN:D (and sleeping in because after they closed down the Piano Bar they hit the Crow's Nest last night)

Why do you call it the Voyage of the Spammed. Did I miss something.

Karen, Rev Neal's group is a CC Group Cruise that started some 19 months ago and they names it "Voyage of the Spammed" Spam is a play on words since Spam in the can meat is a staple item for Hawaiians and they are on a 15 day cruise to Hawaii:)

[quote name='LAFFNVEGAS'][SIZE=3]Oh No, since we have not heard from them there could only be two reasons. 1. They are having sattelite problems and cannot get an Internet connection or 2. They are just having too DAM MUCH FUN:D (and sleeping in because after they closed down the Piano Bar they hit the Crow's Nest last night)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

REASON 2......... Plus we had a 1 hour time change (back) and all is quiet. The seas are pleasant (1-4 feet) and we are in the process of getting our sea legs. I haven't read the entire thread, but in case no one mentioned, Zaandam was late leaving port because they were still loading luggage at 5PM. They had major inspections for both ships yesterday and that threw off a lot of schedules.....TTFN and thanks for the great webcam shots. (Off to meet rest of group at pre-lunch chat in Explorer's Lounge.)

Archived