Which ship has the rotating bar in the crown?

birdie16

I am trying to remember which ship had the rotating bar in the crown lounge. Does anyone know? I remember it was really cool.

Thanks!

Birdie, from your cruise history you are remembering Jewel of the Seas. Jewel has the rotating bar in the crown and I remember having many fun nights up there as well. Jewel is an excellent ship. I'm pretty sure most if not all Radiance class ships have the revolving bar in the crown.

Brilliance and Serenade both had the rotating bar. I'll discover in February whether or not Jewel does as well.

None of the other ships I've been on have had the rotating bar.

Jewel has one for sure. Trust me, I was stacking a empty beer can on the blender every revolution.:D

I wonder how many shots I can do in one revolution.:D :p ;)
It varied but the bar rotation average was around 12 minutes. Be it, it wasn't exactly a scientific study mind you.:rolleyes: We had the cans stacked up to six twice before they all fell over. I'll tell you, it gets tough keeping up with that bar after the third or forth drink. The bar tenders didn't mind and more people got involved in the game as the night went on. We ended up having competitions on which group could sack their empty drinks the highest. Just mindless fun on a cruise I guess.

It varied but the bar rotation average was around 12 minutes. Be it, it wasn't exactly a scientific study mind you.:rolleyes: We had the cans stacked up to six twice before they all fell over. I'll tell you, it gets tough keeping up with that bar after the third or forth drink. The bar tenders didn't mind and more people got involved in the game as the night went on. We ended up having competitions on which group could sack their empty drinks the highest. Just mindless fun on a cruise I guess.

Thanks! I believe I have a new activity to share with our group on the Jewel in February.:D

Thanks! I believe I have a new activity to share with our group on the Jewel in February.:D
Enjoy the game. It was lots of fun but was kind of spur of the moment. I wish I could join you all for the MOS cruise. I had such a good time with our CC members on Freedom last month I'm going to start arranging my cruises around big cc member cruises. It was really nice to know so many people before boarding and while on the ship.

The stuff you learn on these boards....I had no idea about a rotating lounge until now...and we've sailed Brilliance twice. Am I that out to lunch?? (Don't answer that...it is a rhetorical question!:D )

Now, I can't wait to see the bar on the Jewel in February!

We had a "Pre-Meet & Mingle After Sailaway" get together in the Crown Viking on Serenade last Nov.... between getting used to the boat movement AND a couple of first night "foo-foo" drinks it was a real challenge to manuver onto the area by the bar that moves with it :D

All the Radiance class ships have the rotating bar. Love it!!!! When we first went up there my brother said to the bartender, in front of the us "I heard something about a rotating bar...." the bartender said "I don't know what you're talking about. Spinning bar? That's crazy" and then a few minutes later we realized that we had a completely different view and he looked at us snickered.....It's probably the coolest idea for a disco/bar...and it's not all advertised to heck like a lot of RCI things....same w/the pool tables, those rock too!! Gotta love the Radiance class, baby!!!:D :p :D

Laura

• 2 weeks later...

Just making it back to this thread...I can't believe all the ships RCCL has with a rotating bar! Yes, it must have been the Jewel we were on because on our Alaska cruise the bar was dead at night so we never spent time there.

Thank you for all your replies!

Archived