Cruise Magazine Subscriptions

soohoo

I thoroughly enjoy Cruise Travel. I just renewed my subscription. When I decide where I am going to cruise I will go to the bookstore and find a really good book about the area, like Frommer's etc.

Marilyn

Specific to cruising, I subscribe to Cruise Travel and Porthole. Of the two, Cruise Travel is more like here (the letter's section will give you flashbacks to some of the debates here about formal night attire etc :) ) while Porthole is more fluffy (there Ombudsman section is a joke).

In the general Travel category, I subscribe to Conde Naste Travel, and just dropped National Geographic Traveller and Travel and Leisure. I think Conde Nast give the most unbiased opinions and their Ombudsmen section is good. Plus some of their in-depth reports on airport security etc are interesting. I dropped NG Traveller, just because I have hit my limit on keeping up with my magazine reading and while I believe it is relatively unbiased, I don't quite make up its target audience. Travel and Leisure to me is the most biased and influenced my ads. Just look at the articles that are run as compared to the ads in the same issue. Also if you have an AMEX card, there seems to be a correlation with the offers you get that corresponds with the ads that are run.

I receive:

Cruise Travel

National Geographic Traveler (Travel?)

Travel and Leisure

Budget Travel

Conde Naste

---------

I enjoy reading Conde Naste the most - it is pretty unbiased. I also enjoy the Osbudsman section. I do enjoy Cruise Travel but it is awfully thin and only bimonthly.

Magazines seem to be only read while on a plane. I save them up and then take them with me when I fly.

Here's my list:

Cruise Travel

Porthole

Islands

NG Traveler

Travel and Leisure

and...

CN Traveler - which has a very interesting article this month on cruising.

It's in the "Stop Press" section.

Yikes! :eek: A half a dozen travel magazines...I swear I don't know where I find the time.... ;)

Sharon

I currently receive Cruise Travel, Porthole, and National Geographic Traveller.

I enjoy Cruise Travel and Nat. Geo. Traveller, but plan to let my subscription to Porthole expire - I find it too glossy, and too many non-cruise related articles and adds.

I gave up on Conde Nast years ago - too slick for my tastes.

Forgot about ITN (International Travel News) - we enjoy that also.

Michael

Wondered where you were today!:D

By the way, made final payment yesterday..........no turning back now! LOL! How many Friday's and counting??

Jim

Archived