Booking the Eurodam Inaugural?

ekerr19

I was just wondering how many CC'ers are planning to book the Eurodam inaugural for July 2008?

I read a post (I think it was by Brian) that it can be booked onboard, and I wonder if anyone has been able to secure a reservation...

Most likely, barring any unforseen complications - we are going to book as soon as we can; but I wanted to find out if anyone has had any luck yet.

BTW - Welcome home, Noordam "reunion" cruisers! I hope you had a great time! :D

Laura--

Those of us who booked aboard only secured a space on the waiting list - As I understand it, once the pricing/etc. comes available HAL is supposed to contact us so we can choose our specific accomodations, etc.

I'm betting that HAL will probably take your deposit for the waiting list if you're not on a cruise, but it would have to be directly w/ HAL and would be the regular deposit amount rather than the $100 shipboard-booking deposit - However TA's are not going to be able to take deposits until HAL comes out w/ the pricing.

Either way, once you get your specific arrangements made through HAL, you'll then be able to move your reservation to the TA of your choice for customer servicing and possibly better pricing.

I hope you and Sonny are able to make it - both Scotty and I placed our deposits for the cruise!

:)

Thanks everyone!

Brian - It'll be fun to cruise with you & Scotty again. :) Turks & Caicos will always have fond memories for us, lol! Sorry you missed our jaunt into St. Thomas with Scotty, lol! He was a BAD influence on my CC, but great fun to shop with. :D

John - We'd love to meet up with you & Maria on any DAM ship, so we will go ahead and try and secure a spot while we are on the Oosterdam on 3/3/07.

Our TA was sold over a year ago and while the ownership changed - the person in charge had stayed involved in the day-to-day operations (and may still) we haven't noticed a decline in service yet; but they are unable to book at this point.

I don't know that it's accurate to say I'm "thinking" about it, but I certainly am up to "toying" with the idea. Again, it's because of the people planning to take the cruise more than the ship or itinerary itself.

I think I'll see where it stands when I cruise in July. I can book it onboard then!

I don't know that it's accurate to say I'm "thinking" about it, but I certainly am up to "toying" with the idea. Again, it's because of the people planning to take the cruise more than the ship or itinerary itself.

I think I'll see where it stands when I cruise in July. I can book it onboard then!

Ruth-

I hope you consider it! We are a definite at this point... :)

Not planning on booking her.

Since we always book our own air, should thre be a problem and she is delayed, we vould be stuck with airline tickets that we would have to pay a penalty if we would need to change flights and dates.

KK......

Most of us will have to book air. Except for those who live in Europe, we all need to cross the Atlantic in order to reach Rotterdam. ;)

I figure that all things in life bear some risk.....living itself is risky. :)

If the ship doesn't sail on time, we'll deal with it, but I think the odds are high it will. There are never guarantees. The promise of a wonderful time is so high, we'll take the small risk.

Laura,

I am one of those who "booked" the Eurodam while aboard the Noordam last week. While I booked for only one, I'll be adding Christopher to my booking when HAL get's back to us with cabin costs, etc. It's going to be expensive, but worth it. :)

Laura,

I am one of those who "booked" the Eurodam while aboard the Noordam last week. While I booked for only one, I'll be adding Christopher to my booking when HAL get's back to us with cabin costs, etc. It's going to be expensive, but worth it. :)

Greg -

Glad to hear you have booked!!! We can't wait - it's the perfect time of year for us and the Baltic in July is the best. Looking at the itinerary, we are pleased to see Hamburg and Gdansk included - having done a Baltic (and thoroughly enjoyed it!) on the old Noordam, we've been to Tallinn Estonia (though Sonny loves the port and sorry to see it not included), St. Petersburg, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Warnemunde. One of my all time favorites is Helsinki, so I'm glad to see it included.

I am happy to hear Christopher will be joining you. :)

If the ship doesn't sail on time, we'll deal with it, but I think the odds are high it will. There are never guarantees. The promise of a wonderful time is so high, we'll take the small risk.

Sail -

I agree! We always book our own air and this past summer to and from Rome was no exception... we had no problems - overall good flights (on Delta, who isn't my favorite carrier these days...) but we had great seats and decent pricing.

I have yet to book a ticket for business or for personal travel that I've had to absorb the cost of...

Greg -

Glad to hear you have booked!!! We can't wait - it's the perfect time of year for us and the Baltic in July is the best. Looking at the itinerary, we are pleased to see Hamburg and Gdansk included - having done a Baltic (and thoroughly enjoyed it!) on the old Noordam, we've been to Tallinn Estonia (though Sonny loves the port and sorry to see it not included), St. Petersburg, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Warnemunde. One of my all time favorites is Helsinki, so I'm glad to see it included.

I am happy to hear Christopher will be joining you. :)

I have never done the Baltic on a cruise, so I'm looking forward to it on that ground alone. :) And, yes, I'm happy that Christopher will be along and everybody there will get to meet him. As those who were on the Spamdam cruise learned, he's a great guy. :)

I have never done the Baltic on a cruise, so I'm looking forward to it on that ground alone. :) And, yes, I'm happy that Christopher will be along and everybody there will get to meet him. As those who were on the Spamdam cruise learned, he's a great guy. :)

Now we just have to convince Vic, lol!!! He seems to have "jumped ship" to Cunard these days, lol!!!

I'm glad to hear you booked. :)

Since we always book our own air, should thre be a problem and she is delayed, we vould be stuck with airline tickets that we would have to pay a penalty if we would need to change flights and dates.

Doesn't travel insurance cover that too?

John - We'd love to meet up with you & Maria on any DAM ship, so we will go ahead and try and secure a spot while we are on the Oosterdam on 3/3/07..........

Very cool, Laura! Looking forward to it!:) Enjoy Oosterdam!! (working on Mr. Parrothead - he'll come along!

We are also thinking about making the cruise out of Rotterdam. Never sailed from there...but of course know the port quite well.

We attended the dedication of Oosterdam 5 years ago, a great day.

However no cruises are planned yet due to my health, so a few weeks ago I have contacted HAL's agent in Rotterdam about the Eurodam inaugural.

Very disappointed..they know nothing yet and I was told to keep checking with them.

Does anyone know if it will be possible to make a deposit with HAL USA, since we donot know when our next cruise will be and we cannot book on board?

Very cool, Laura! Looking forward to it!:) Enjoy Oosterdam!! (working on Mr. Parrothead - he'll come along!

We'll have to get him to come around, lol!!! - I so love Vic, thus I'm certain we'd have an awesome time!!!! :)

If confirmation numbers from HAL mean anything (I hope), we are booked B2B on the inaugural and its follow-up, although we have no stateroom assignment as yet. Being the pessimist that I am, I'll feel better when we can dance doc in--what was that again? Eighteen months?!:eek:

Laura - We missed you on the Reunion Tour (OMG it was SO much fun ;) ). But at least we'll get to see you & Sonny summer 2008 - John & I also put a deposit on Eurodam's inaugural.

Now I just have to get him to take time off during the summer and get him on an airplane. Ah, the miracle of the little yellow pills. :rolleyes: :D

Laura - We missed you on the Reunion Tour (OMG it was SO much fun ;) ). But at least we'll get to see you & Sonny summer 2008 - John & I also put a deposit on Eurodam's inaugural.

Now I just have to get him to take time off during the summer and get him on an airplane. Ah, the miracle of the little yellow pills. :rolleyes: :D

Susan -

I'm sorry we missed it too! Sounds like you had a blast! At least we'll get to see you on the Eurodam. :)

Archived