"LIVE" from the*NEW*Century 01/27/07

Radio

The Formal Dining will include Farafelle, Halibut, Gulf Shrimp Marseillase, Roasted Pork Loin and Tornedos Forestiere. Tonight will also offer Casual Dining in the Island Café ($2 PP), and Sushi Bar

Wait... you have to pay extra to have dinner at the Island Cafe?? :confused: I understand about the extra charge for Murano's but isn't the Island Cafe just a buffet?

Radio,

Great reporting!!! I feel like I am on the ship with you. I embark on 2/1, and reading your daily reports is making me more excited to be going than before. Keep them coming!

Howard

Did they fix the YELLOW water issue yet? We were on her last week 1/22 - 1/27 and everyone had yellow water in their cabins. Other than that we enjoyed the bland food and expensive drinks. For more, including the wet paint and fumes about the ship, read my review that should be posted in the near future "The good, bad, and Ugly."

Wait... you have to pay extra to have dinner at the Island Cafe?? :confused: I understand about the extra charge for Murano's but isn't the Island Cafe just a buffet?

The $2 PP is a suggested gratuity. . .

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm not much of a morning person, so perhaps that is why I never thought of this... but this is the perfect application for GPS receivers with a proximity alarm!

Set a waypoint to the entrance to the channel or harbor you are headed to, and set it to sound an alarm when you get to within a certain distance, maybe a mile or two, or even more if you want to have more notice. Leave it in the window, and with good luck (and satellite constellation) you will be alerted when you get close! Of course if you're in an inside cabin... guess you're outta luck.

Mark, I don't know if your setup will do that, that is something built in to my Garmin handheld receivers.

Theron

I am a VERY Morning person...But as you have suggested, I set the proximity alarm just now ! ! Thanks for the tip !;)

Signman...I am in cabin 8153 / Starboard/ Mid

Thanks ! Time for a little nap !

Radio

:cool: :cool:

The $2 PP is a suggested gratuity. . .

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ok... thanks Radio! I will be sailing on Century for the 1st time in April - really appreciate you taking the time out of your cruise to share all this information! :)

I am a VERY Morning person...But as you have suggested, I set the proximity alarm just now ! ! Thanks for the tip !;)

Thanks ! Time for a little nap !

Cool, let us know if it works! :)

Nap, eh? Ha ha now that's one thing you don't need a cruise ship for! :D

Theron

For all the great info... would you mind sharing your observations on the pax mix? My sister and I are looking at Century for a relaxing getaway... she is single, I am married, both mid 30s, so we are looking for a lively, fun evening atmosphere... a ship that doesn't fall asleep TOO early, nor party like mad all night long. (does that sound like an impossible request) Anyway... your observations and comments are certainly appreciated... thanks again!!

Yes there is a night light at the bottom of the hair dryer. I had an inside cabin and there is also a night light above the desk, adjacent to the power plug. It's a luminescent green color and once your eyes adjust, it provides a nice amount of light as you awake in the dark.

What a fantastic job you are doing Radio. Great info and pics. We will be on the Century April 26th, cruising back home. I'll be really interested in the pictures of the Sky Suites, we will be in 1220. Reading your posts, I feel as tho' I'm getting an extra cruise in before we even fly out of the UK. :D

A great big thank you from DH and myself. :)

Here are the Entrees from the 5 night Key West - Grand Cayman itinerary 1/22-1/27/07.

Night One

Spaghetti alla Carbonara

Boneless fillet of Cape Hake

Roasted Chicken

Veal Piccata

Prime Rib

Night Two

Farfalle with olive and sundried tomato

Halibut

Gulf Shrimp Marseillaise

Roasted Pork Loin

Tournedos Forestiere

Night Three

Vegetable Curry

Trio of Fish in Court Bouillon

Baby Spring Chicken

Lamb Shank

Sliced Sirlion

Night Four

Gemelli with Duck Confit

Darne of Salmon

Broiled Lobster Tail

Grilled Quail

Prime Rib

Night Five

Straw and Hay - Scallops on Pasta

Fillet of King Clip

Roast Turkey

Rack of Veal

Beef "En Daube"

Always Available

Shrimp Cocktail (4 not 3)

Escargots

Caesar Salad

Fillet of Salmon

Chicken Supreme

Sirlion Steak

Baked, French Fried or Rice

sweet.

It didn't look like there were very many deck chairs in one of your first photos. You know how on most ships they are really packed in there?

Do they offer reflexology on this ship? It was one of the best experiences I had on Explorer. If they have it, you should try it. You will feel like a new person, in a good way! It's worth every penny.

Well catch some rays for me & enjoy your time in the caribbean!

Luv you!

Archived