What happens if you lose your seapass card

Apirr0

You go to the pursers desk and get a new one if onboard.

Once while reboarding when we got off the tender in Grand Cayman (our first port) the machines didn't register our cards so we didn't match the manifest. We had to wait till the official manifest list and hard copy of our picture taken upon boarding came down from the security office and then they retook our pics and gave us a new card and then we were able to board.

Sandie

My husband lost his card once when we were in a port - I think he lost it snorkeling. They did let him back on the ship because he had another photo I.D. with him and he had to go right to the desk to get another card.

I got really nervous thinking they'd leave him on the island..........LOL

Beachbuddy

My DW lost her sea pass on Coco Cay. No problem getting back on the ship or replacing the lost card . Getting the charges placed by the person who found it removed was more difficult! We found out, in our final bill, that they bought rounds of drinks for their friends . After a few trips to the pursers desk and with some help from Mr Brian (the head of guest relations on the Sovereign) the charges were removed.

My DW lost her sea pass on Coco Cay. No problem getting back on the ship or replacing the lost card . Getting the charges placed by the person who found it removed was more difficult! We found out, in our final bill, that they bought rounds of drinks for their friends . After a few trips to the pursers desk and with some help from Mr Brian (the head of guest relations on the Sovereign) the charges were removed.

That doesn't seem right. You'd think they would be able to deactivate the missing card when they replace the new one. :eek:

One time during reboarding, I noticed that the picture on the machine didn't match when my MIL scanned her card. It was the photo of a man. :-) The security guy didn't say anything though.

Afterwards we went to the pursers desk and they said it was probably a computer glitch. They just re-took her picture. Somehow, this must have deleted her reboarding-scan as at sailing time they called her over the PA system. So we just went back to the purser and afterwards everything was OK.

Marc

One time during reboarding, I noticed that the picture on the machine didn't match when my MIL scanned her card. It was the photo of a man. :-) The security guy didn't say anything though.

Afterwards we went to the pursers desk and they said it was probably a computer glitch. They just re-took her picture. Somehow, this must have deleted her reboarding-scan as at sailing time they called her over the PA system. So we just went back to the purser and afterwards everything was OK.

Well this doesn't make me feel very confident in the security of RCCL:rolleyes:

That doesn't seem right. You'd think they would be able to deactivate the missing card when they replace the new one. :eek:

The card was deactivated when we returned to the ship, but on Coco Cay all charges are hand written, so noon of the bartenders knew it was.

• 10 years later...

You go to guest relations( pursers desk), and they print a brand new one for you. I'm fortunate in that with all the cruises I've been on , I've never lost my key card. However, if you are off the ship, vessel security has to print out and bring down your info to verify who you are. Don't worry, you won't be left behind. :')

You go to guest relations( pursers desk), and they print a brand new one for you. I'm fortunate in that with all the cruises I've been on , I've never lost my key card. However, if you are off the ship, vessel security has to print out and bring down your info to verify who you are. Don't worry, you won't be left behind. :')

cweagle, welcome to cruise critic. Do you mind if I ask how you came to pull up a random 10 year old thread, just to answer it ten years too late, as your first post?

My curiosity is aroused.

:)

cweagle, welcome to cruise critic. Do you mind if I ask how you came to pull up a random 10 year old thread, just to answer it ten years too late, as your first post?

My curiosity is aroused.

I didn't realize the post was 10 years old. Just wanted to contribute my two cents. BUT, apologies

My curiosity is aroused.

I'm not cweagle, but perhaps they used the search function?

That function is a catch-22... If people don't use it, they get blasted for not searching. If they do, they get "This thread is X years old!!" You were much nicer than some when it comes to old threads though. :)

I didn't realize the post was 10 years old. Just wanted to contribute my two cents. BUT, apologies

No, I really want to know why - were you worried that you would lose your seapass card? DID you once lose your seapass card? Do you manufacture seapass cards?

Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

I saw it was an old post also, but seeing as I've only been on the site for a few years, I've never seen this addressed. So it may be old information to some, it could be new information to us newbies:).

My confusion arises from the fact that the resurrector didn't want to know. S/he ANSWERED.

No, I really want to know why - were you worried that you would lose your seapass card? DID you once lose your seapass card? Do you manufacture seapass cards?

Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

I always made sure to keep it in a place I could readily access, and remember. I.E. my wallet or a lanyard. I never went anywhere in the ship without checking that I had my card on me. And so far, that strategy has worked really well . And that's coming from someone who loses stuff or forgets where it is pretty easily