Emerald Princess - Live

Princess Chatterer

w0kie,

Keep up the great info, as we are looking forward to sailing her on July 4th. Everyone is always hungry for info on a new ship. If you get a chance could you post any info you find out on the new Chef's Table dining experience? If you hear of anyone who tries it, what days it is available, can you sign up ahead, does it sell out fast, or any other info?

Thanks

And they move to another ship and call it Motor City. Same show. I believe they keep their shows running for 5 years. Pia

Yup, 5 years that's what I was told also!;)

w0kie, I'd like to add my thanks to everyone else's... your info has been really helpful!!

Ditto, Thanks again W0kie!:)

Thanks for posting Wokie. Can anyone tell me what the Caribe balcony cabins have for deck furniture? Since they are larger do they have the teak loungers on them??

Nope, sorry no teak furniture, unless you are in a Sweet.:(

Jot (bill):)

We're on 7/4 Venice to Rome. Any insight into cabin R326? I guess it really doesn't matter since we can't change it now anyway. Just a little worried if it's really noisy under Lido near pool? Thanks for all your reports! Have a wonderful rest of your journey!

wOKIE,

Loving the posts each day. I was also telling my dh that we need to calculate the extra transportation fees into our budget.

Okay, what was the answer to the "what part of a ship travels farthest when circumnavigating the globe".

My daughters asked their science and math teachers and they don't have a clue, and now they want to know.

It is probably a "stupid" answer,(like the catagory on Jeopardy) but I am asking anyway

It's around 4 am and the Internet room is starting to come to life. I'm not the only one in here. James and Lisa are not married. Lisa is not wearing a wedding ring. Lisa is a chunky young lady. She seems to be much more composed as a stage announcer at night. I inspected R507. It's an inside cabin. Immediately to the right of the door is a desk that wraps around to the right wall. On the right wall is an end table, bed, end table. Nothing on the back wall. On the immediate left of the door is the TV and underneath is the frig. There is a small counter top there too. On the left wall are four doors. Behind the furthest two right doors is a clothes closet. Next door to the left is another clothes closet. Behind the final door on the left wall is the safe and some storage. Left of the cabinet doors is the head. That cabin is small compared to the outside cabins. The nice couple who have that cabin said it is quiet and only rarely do they hear anything. Not far away is a laundry room which is deeper than the one we used on Dolphin. Same dryer, washer, dryer, washer combo. At the back end of the Riviera hall is a door leading to the Terrace pool. No access to the back of the ship on the lower ABCDE cabin decks.

My Caribe balcony furniture is two chairs, two loungers and aluminum table. The chairs are very comfortable and are made of aluminum and some sort of sturdy weave material. I've studied the back of the ship and taken some pictures to post when I return. On the back back of the ship it appears that Baja has the biggest back balcony followed by the Caribe balcony. The Aloha and Dolphin back back balconys look much smaller. If you want to know about balconys on this ship you should study photos of the Crown Princess.

Lisa hinted on TV that the only sister ship to the Emerald is the one launched a year ago. Of course here on CC we know more about Emerald sister ships than dyslexic Lisa does. The answer to what part of the ship travels farther in circumnavigating the globe is the top mast. DW didn't have a clue. I came up with the answer in about 15 seconds. There were a bunch of correct answers submitted.

The chef's table question is a harder one but I'll try. There are limits to how much I'll spend to get you guys real time answers. I'll work on R326. One phone call and a visit should do the trick.

In the Princess Theater shows some of the time there is sound booth enhancement of the band and lip syncing going on as well. We're talking multi track band instruments adders and vocal adders. I've confirmed that with the sound booth guys. The soft rock and jazz music that plays as Muzak all around the ship is good stuff.

As we pulled away from Kusadasi I noticed the hills above town are very dry. Today we port near old town in Rhodes. No expensive Princess transfer bus to town needed.

There is a heck of a lot on board revenue enhancement advertising in the Princess Patter. I compared the sunrise/sunset times in the Patter to my Garmin GPS. They had sunrise time down perfectly but were off 1 minute on sunset times. Not that it makes any difference when you are on vacation. Ship life is starting to get somewhat routine here on the Emerald. We still haven't had our Captains Circle party and received our stickers. I believe that will happen almost at the end of the cruise on our second and thankfully final formal night. DW claimed that they were enforcing the dress code in the Caribe Cafe last night. I pointed out to her a gal in a bathing suit going through the dinner Caribe Cafe buffet line. Dress code in the dining room was being enforced on the first formal night. The Caribe Cafe had a Med. theme buffet selection and the food quality was top notch. The real secret on this ship, other than the outstanding Coffee Americano in Sabatini's and the International Cafe bar on 5, is the Caribe Cafe's buffet in the back of the ship. Tonight DW and I will sample the $3 pizza on our balcony. This will be relaxing and take us far away from the annoying guy next to us in the dining room. There's no such thing as privacy in the Emerald Princess dining rooms.

The gangway photographer took our picture yesterday at non-prime gangway time. I asked the photog to let me see the image on the back of her camera. She showed us the snap but told us that she would get in trouble if anyone found out. Behind the Explorers Lounge stage is a digital photo editing room with two computers. Both were being used by photo staff last night. I'm always amazed about the large quality of repetitive formal pictures taken of kids and at times young adults that are being taken with goofy poses. Some people seem to have unlimited money to burn and Princess is right there to help. Doesn't matter if formal picture backdrops add to the nightly gridlock. We've gotta keep those big spenders happy.

Princess in California if you are reading this then what's with providing free transfers to town for all passengers in Mykonos for the first cruise and charging all passengers on the second cruise. All of us cruising on the Emerald Princess in the inaugural season want fair and equal treatment.

Tune in tomorrow for more Emerald Princess complaining and praising news at 5 (am).

Emerald Princess is the sister ship to the Caribbean Princess and the Crown Princess. Can't be Ruby, since that one is not yet an existing ship.

I'd argue the Caribbean is not a sister to the Crown and Emerald. Look at the design of the aft, and how Skywalkers is situated. On the Caribbean it's more similar to the earlier Grand class ships than it is on the Crown and Emerald.

I'd argue the Caribbean is not a sister to the Crown and Emerald. Look at the design of the aft, and how Skywalkers is situated. On the Caribbean it's more similar to the earlier Grand class ships than it is on the Crown and Emerald.

You're going to have to argue with Princess. It's a direct quote from them.

w0kie

i actually wonder if you are auditioning to get a job writing some blogs or something.

keep up the good work

regarding dining room appearance for the men: can dh wear slacks with a collared shirt?

Thanks, Wokie! At least now I know R507 exists!:)

I know it will be smaller than an outside room-someday I hope we can move outside with the big boys. I look forward to every one of your posts!

Daisy13

Snuck into Inet room at 1 pm. Inet is barely running 300 baud, if that. I have to type very slooowly or the Emerald Princess terminal can't keep up with my keystokes. CC party went very well in Adagios with snacks and drink samples provided by Princess.

Ship had a practice man over board and major fire drill this morning. No muster guide showed up near our cabin and our cabin steward kept right on servicing cabins while the general alarm, 7 shorts and 1 long was blasting through the ship. It was fun to listen to the drill chatter on my scanner. The engine room noise on the talkies was really loud.

On the comment about the steward not cleaning the inside of their camode I thought that Princess provided each cabin a camode cleaning brush so passengers could get the feel of cleaning up after themselves. :rolleyes: As I walk down the hall on this ship and other Princess ships I can't believe how some passengers trash out their inside cabins during the cruise.

Rhodes is the motor scooter capital of the world, both in the old city and in the new city. It's neat that Catholics and Muslins can get along so well in the very close quarters of Rhodes. No pushy merchants in Rhodes like there was in Kusadasi. Weather today is perfect and the bay near the ship is pollution free. Today's question is how many nationalities are in the crew. The answer Lisa gave last night in Explorer's was 42. Playing in the Atrium right now is a Rhodes quartet playing Greek music. The people we met in the old and new city were very friendly and some spoke very good English.

Lisa didn't show up for the TV morning show as James said she was practicing for her evening show. Practicing at 6am in the morning? I don't think so. In her place was the port talker. He told us how wonderful Rhodes was at night. Too bad we'll never get to see it because the ship will sail away before dark. Our port talker seems so spaced out. I wonder what animal Rhodes reminds him of?

That's it for the moment. Time for a nap.

Lisa didn't show up for the TV morning show as James said she was practicing for her evening show. Practicing at 6am in the morning? I don't think so. In her place was the port talker.

These are filmed the night before.

Wokie, I'm enjoying reading your posts. Can you comment on some of the "extras" that are on board? For instance, the mini golf course ("Princess Links") - do passengers have to pay for a round of mini golf and is it first come first served or do you have to sign up for a "tee" time?

The chef's table question is a harder one but I'll try. There are limits to how much I'll spend to get you guys real time answers.

w0kie,

I don't expect you to have to go to the Chef's Table dinner and report back!! I just thought you may have heard of someone who had tried it, or saw it advertised in the patter.

Thanks for the updates.

w0kie,

I don't expect you to have to go to the Chef's Table dinner and report back!! I just thought you may have heard of someone who had tried it, or saw it advertised in the patter.

Thanks for the updates.

It would be better if he did experience it for himself. With his precise detail of reporting of the good and bad, I'm sure the report will be one we will all enjoying reading.

PTC

Thanks for the updates wOkie; I don't recall if your cabin is starboard or port, but on this itinerary so far is the ship docking both port and starboard, and when in port do you have a land view from your cabin regardless of how it's docked? Best wishes.

Mike a fellow on our Roll Call board has asked about the putting green. Is there a charge? Think suntan above also wants to know.

Let us know how the $3 pizza turned out. Anything extra come with it or is it just pizza in a box? The bunch we cruise with usually just go up and bring down plates of the stuff for afternoon munchies on the balcony.

Wow, 42 different nationalities, I'd love to see a list of them all. And no, I don't expect you to go get that, I just find it fascinating that there are that many.

It would be better if he did experience it for himself. With his precise detail of reporting of the good and bad, I'm sure the report will be one we will all enjoying reading.

PTC

I bet if you'd pay Mike would go! :D

Archived