Noordam CC meet-n-greet & Cabin Crawl Pics Posted

SakeDad

Sorry I've been away. Been extremely busy with work. But I have just posted my first set of pics that will take you through sail away, the 1st night (including show pics) and the CC'ers meet-n-greet the 1st sea day. We had a wonderful group of people and we were able to do a Cabin Crawl. I have posted pics from the crawl which shows the cabin numbers and the cabins. I have not had time to caption them yet but will soon.

Thanks to ALL of you who helped make the cabin crawl a success. I'm sure MANY people in the future will be most appreciative of being able to see our cabins.

Oh, and the menu from the first nights dinner is also there as well as photos of the food.

Nathan,

Thanks for sharing! 217 photos! I've not even seen all the thumbnails yet, but enough to see that you are a talented photographer, and that you visited my old home of Seattle, including Pike's Place Market, and that you took lots of photos of Noordam. We sail on her this fall, and will no doubt spend a lot of time looking at your beautiful photos.

I was one of the ones who voted for surprise your Mom with the suite upgrade. I've been traveling a bit lately for work and may have missed it, but what was her reaction when she realized you were in a suite?

Dave

Nathan, those picture are great:) I really enjoyed the Cabin Crawl pictures. I saw 5191, WOW that verandah looks shrunken compared to my 5187:( I am sure it will still be nice and it great if one has never experienced 5187 verandah size.;)

Nathan, those pictures are fabulous. I particularly love your flowers. I took a photo class so I could learn to do that. You have a great "eye". I was able to relive the Noordam looking at your shots, so thanks again for posting them.

Nathan,

Thanks for sharing! 217 photos! I've not even seen all the thumbnails yet, but enough to see that you are a talented photographer, and that you visited my old home of Seattle, including Pike's Place Market, and that you took lots of photos of Noordam. We sail on her this fall, and will no doubt spend a lot of time looking at your beautiful photos.

I was one of the ones who voted for surprise your Mom with the suite upgrade. I've been traveling a bit lately for work and may have missed it, but what was her reaction when she realized you were in a suite?

Dave

217 is just the beginning!:rolleyes: I posted over 1600 in the China gallery! As for my Mom, her reaction photo is in there close to the front. She LOVED it!!:D

Nathan, those pictures are fabulous. I particularly love your flowers. I took a photo class so I could learn to do that. You have a great "eye". I was able to relive the Noordam looking at your shots, so thanks again for posting them.

Thanks, close-up florals are one of my specialties and I really love them, just wait til you see what I took at Buchart Gardens!!!:eek:

Oh my goodness, what fab-u-lous photos! If you get tired of your day job, you could take up professional photography. Can you tell me what kind of camera you used? Amazing, thanks for making me feel like I was walking around the ship with you. Hope your trip was everything you wanted it to be.

Smooth Sailing! :) :)

Mary - So GOOD to see you posting again! I was wondering about you, since I hadn't seen you here in what seems like months. Was hoping everything was A-OK, but didn't have an e-mail address for you.

I'll have to go check out those pix. :)

Oh my goodness, what fab-u-lous photos! If you get tired of your day job, you could take up professional photography. Can you tell me what kind of camera you used? Amazing, thanks for making me feel like I was walking around the ship with you. Hope your trip was everything you wanted it to be.

Smooth Sailing! :) :)

Thanks! Several people on my excursions asked if they can use my pics when I post them and I said yes. I did get the idea that if I ever need a new career I would love to be a photographer for private charter cruises or tours. Like a couple goes on a trip but wants a photographer to take the pics instead of them....I'd LOVE that as a way to retire.

I use a Panasonic FZ20...a real workhorse of a digital camera. But I do make sure I have plenty of SD memory cards and I take 5 batteries to keep recharging so I never run out.

Glad you're all enjoying my passion. I look forward to sharing more. Keep checking back every couple of days as it will take me a couple of weeks to be able to edit and post all of them. I can only do it when I have free time. But it sure is a great way to re-experience my trip as I go through them.:D

Great pics, Nathan! You are talented!! Two questions if you don't mind: what kind of camera and lens do you use and how do you get away with taking those great pics of the cast during their shows?

It's a Panasonic FZ20 and has a great Lumix lens. It goes the 35mm equiv of 36mm-432mm. When shooting shows (I'm a stage manager so I do this quite often for work) I shoot at 1/125 so I don't have to use flash. Then I post process w/ Adobe Photoshop CS2 to get the best light for the pictures. Some of the cast actually wanted some of my pics of them as they said they are better than the production shots they have:D

It's a Panasonic FZ20 and has a great Lumix lens. It goes the 35mm equiv of 36mm-432mm. When shooting shows (I'm a stage manager so I do this quite often for work) I shoot at 1/125 so I don't have to use flash. Then I post process w/ Adobe Photoshop CS2 to get the best light for the pictures. Some of the cast actually wanted some of my pics of them as they said they are better than the production shots they have:D

Awesome! Thanks!

Thank you, Sakedad (or are you really Nathan...or do you let someone else copyright your photos?:rolleyes: ). After just skimming thru, I've learned something I am overjoyed to know...crab can be purchased and packed for 48 hours to bring home!:D :D This makes it more than worth the hassle to travel from Vancouver to Seattle. Wait til DH gets home, he will be making a grocery list:eek: . And WHERE did you find the flamingo glasses?? I collect martini glasses and would love to get one. You did good!

Thank you, Sakedad (or are you really Nathan...or do you let someone else copyright your photos? ). After just skimming thru, I've learned something I am overjoyed to know...crab can be purchased and packed for 48 hours to bring home! :D This makes it more than worth the hassle to travel from Vancouver to Seattle. Wait til DH gets home, he will be making a grocery list:eek: . And WHERE did you find the flamingo glasses?? I collect martini glasses and would love to get one. You did good!

LOL!:D Yes the martini glasses are FABULOUS! (did you see the one with the naked man?:eek: I'll be buying a set of those in November when I'm back:rolleyes: ) They are done by an artist in Seattle in Pioneer Square. I'm afraid the card is at home and I can't get it until July.

SakeDad ... thanks for the great picture of the msNOORDAM. You thought of everything! It was great seeing all the different cabins.

We were on her this past March and looking at your pictures makes us can't wait to boarding her again in September.

Photography is definitely a second career for you!

I have only been to 2 CC meet and greets and am not familiar with the "cabin crawl." Can you explain so I might be able to set one up for my future cruise (although the roll call is not very active). Thanks.

Oh, and it goes without saying that I loved the pictures.

I am not familiar with the "cabin crawl." Can you explain .

These are kind of popular on Vista ships which have so many different cabin categories/layouts/sizes.

People on the Roll-Call volunteer to let others visit their cabin to get an idea what it's like. Usually there are several different categories and everyone who has offered troops from one to the next. Others from that roll-call may join in, too.

I've heard of it becoming a little bit of a progressive party, too, with refreshments served. :D

Archived