Maasdam as as Wonderful as Ever!!!!

sail7seas

Thanks for the Welcome Home, KK......

Soon it will be your turn to board Maasdam again. Really looking forward to 'our' cruises on her.

We were surprised to find our docs had arrived while we were away.

That sure takes away the 'pain' of end of cruise blahs!!!

Thanks for the good comments about the Maasdam. My husband and I will be on the Sept 1st New Eng run. Our only previous experience with HAL was a Carribean cruise on the Old Noordam. It was OK but my husband and I in early 60's were almost the youngest there. Lots of oxy tanks and walkers--I have no problem with that and since our daughter, son-in-law and 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter were with us, we seemed to get special attention from the Dining Room. They LOVED the baby very light blonde hair. All of the crew serving us had dark hair. We enjoyed the cruise very much and look forward to this one. Thanks again for sharing with us.

Thanks for the good comments about the Maasdam. My husband and I will be on the Sept 1st New Eng run. Our only previous experience with HAL was a Carribean cruise on the Old Noordam. It was OK but my husband and I in early 60's were almost the youngest there. Lots of oxy tanks and walkers--I have no problem with that and since our daughter, son-in-law and 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter were with us, we seemed to get special attention from the Dining Room. They LOVED the baby very light blonde hair. All of the crew serving us had dark hair. We enjoyed the cruise very much and look forward to this one. Thanks again for sharing with us. 5angels

Sail, I am SO totally techno-challenged too so don't worry about the photo! I can't even scan so you are one up on me! I have a scanner, just have no clue what to do with it!

Loved your review of the Maasdam and we are looking forward to our cruise on her in Dec 08! Meanwhile, we will see you on the Veendam in November!

Sail, I am SO totally techno-challenged too so don't worry about the photo! I can't even scan so you are one up on me! I have a scanner, just have no clue what to do with it!

Loved your review of the Maasdam and we are looking forward to our cruise on her in Dec 08! Meanwhile, we will see you on the Veendam in November!

VERY much looking forward to meeting you on Veendam. It'll be here before we know it!

Sail, it really is easy to upload a picture from a digital camera onto your computer. Once there, though, it has to be re-sized or uploaded to a website so you can post it here. Size is a big issue for pictures on CC.

When I want to post a picture I upload it from my hard drive to Photobucket.com and then it's easily uploaded to CC. It still has to be kept to a certain size.

That's why I was directing people to another site to see Lisa's magnificent pictures in Alaska. They were very small here, but on the other site they were full size.

The other thing you can do is upload pictures to a free service on a site like Webshots (there are many others) and then just post a link here.

Ahhhh...... I think I get it, Heather. I think.... :)

I've never tried so I guess it's about time I did.

Not today or tomorrow but hopefully during the week.

Thanks for the Welcome Home, KK......

Soon it will be your turn to board Maasdam again. Really looking forward to 'our' cruises on her.

We were surprised to find our docs had arrived while we were away.

That sure takes away the 'pain' of end of cruise blahs!!!

That's the way to do it.... a perpetual cruise experience.:)

Welcome home, Sail. Thank you for your shipboard posts from Your Maasdam. Some day we'll sail in her and I'll think of you every day.

I assume your "furbaby" is a kitty? We have three of them, and that's the only downside to traveling for us. Fortunately they don't seem to have a good sense of time. If we ever are able to realize our life's goal of a World Cruise, "The Children" will pose a real dilemma.

Your enlightening posts while onboard have made our new laptop worthwhile. We'll be sure to take it along with us on our Ryndam Sea of Cortez cruise.

I like your cure for Post-Cruise Letdown: have your docs waiting for you when you get home! Only six weeks and you're back ombord!

Linda

I WISH I KNEW HOW TO DO THAT, Torpeedo.

I have a scanner but have no idea how to get a photo out of a digital camera and posted here on CC.

I know......inexcusable in this day and age. :( Techno challenged!!!

Sail, I too have no idea of how to post a picture from my camera to the computer. that is one of the challanges I'm supposed to master this summer. But, if you don't post, how are we going to see those great shots of you in jeans?

It's so hot today, that it's hard for me to believe that I cruise in February to go to the Caribbean to get some of this weather. No jeans for me then.

Sail, I too have no idea of how to post a picture from my camera to the computer. that is one of the challanges I'm supposed to master this summer. But, if you don't post, how are we going to see those great shots of you in jeans?

It's so hot today, that it's hard for me to believe that I cruise in February to go to the Caribbean to get some of this weather. No jeans for me then.

Scanning pics in a nutshell:

1. Place the pic face down on your scanner (if you place if face up, you will get a very white wintery scene)

2. Press the "Scan Picture" option and let it do its thing

3. When it's done doing its thing, save your newly scanned pic in a folder in your pc i.e. give it a name

4. After saving it, select the "edit" option (usually by right-clicking on your mouse - on mine it is the "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" option)

5. Choose the "Resize" option, go to "custom width", choose the Cruise Critic dimensions of 620 x 280, and a file size of less than 19.5 KB, click OK and save your work in your PC

6. Open up a "reply" or "new thread" option on cruise critic and select "Manage attachments" on the bottom.

7. Choose the "Upload file from your computer" option and press "Browse" (this puts you back in your files and allows you to look for the folder you saved your scanned and named pic in - select it/click on it)

8. Select "Upload", if you did everything right, you will see your file appear under "Current Attachments", close the window and hit "Submit Reply"

9. Good luck!

If you run into problems, ask any 6th grader, they know more about this stuff than we do!;)

642913376_HALYumYumMan.JPG.9a54d5355b61173d3fef3ed287d438fb.JPG

Thanks, John. Once upon a time, I knew how to use the scanner. But now, my husband has it downstairs in his office. i suppose I could upload it down there and then send it to my email. My issue is uploading pictures from my digital camera. This summer, I will definitely learn how to do that.:)

Thanks, John. Once upon a time, I knew how to use the scanner. But now, my husband has it downstairs in his office. i suppose I could upload it down there and then send it to my email. My issue is uploading pictures from my digital camera. This summer, I will definitely learn how to do that.:)

Carol, your digital camera should have come with a cable, one end of which you plug into the side of your camera and the other end plugs in your computer. When you turn your camera on after the cable is connected, you should get a photo download program option on your screen. Select it and let it do its thing. It should tell you how many pics it's downloading and they will automaticlly be saved on your PC, usually in the "My pictures" folder. Once it's done, open up that folder and you should be able to "name" your pics and move them to wherever you want. Play/experiment with it, you'll get it!:)

5. Choose the "Resize" option, go to "custom width", choose the Cruise Critic dimensions of 620 x 280, and a file size of less than 19.5 KB, click OK and save your work in your PC

6. Open up a "reply" or "new thread" option on cruise critic and select "Manage attachments" on the bottom.

7. Choose the "Upload file from your computer" option and press "Browse" (this puts you back in your files and allows you to look for the folder you saved your scanned and named pic in - select it/click on it)

8. Select "Upload", if you did everything right, you will see your file appear under "Current Attachments", close the window and hit "Submit Reply"

9. Good luck!

If you run into problems, ask any 6th grader, they know more about this stuff than we do!;)

Sail, I know that you have that one picture that you would like to use for your Avatar, basically follow these instructions John wrote except go to UserCP, then Edit Avatar, then toward the bottom of the page you go to browse and find that picture. You may not need to resize it but try it if not then resize or email me and I will help you resize it ;) :)

Thanks John:D

Sail, I know that you have that one picture that you would like to use for your Avatar, basically follow these instructions John wrote except go to UserCP, then Edit Avatar, then toward the bottom of the page you go to browse and find that picture. You may not need to resize it but try it if not then resize or email me and I will help you resize it ;) :)

Thanks John:D

Stand by, the jeans are coming out!:cool: FYI, avatar pics on CC have to be 80x80

Thanks, John and Lisa. Very helpful. Your directions sound great, both of you..... here's hoping I can get from (a) to (b) without a clever six year old by my side.

I don't have the jeans :D photo. Grumpy is the 'proud possessor' of the evidence. :)

Thanks, John. I'm going to play around with it this week. Just no one tell my husband that I might learn it from you guys since he thinks he has to teach me this summer. I might surprise him. I have to say, the people on this board are really great. You guys take the time to instruct, advise, and help all who ask. It's really great to know such a supportive group of people.!

Archived