Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

You are so, so naughty!!!!! Love it! :p

That makes two of them!!! :p:D

That's Poppy's bum in the shot - they are fast becoming pals, playing tug so gives poor Max a break from puppy games of jumping on his head and chewing his tail!

image.jpg.e9390d8fd51a548283467e4039b95964.jpg

Edited by fairbourne

So my wife got a call from CCI yesterday. It seems a reporter from one of the very local papers by us is doing a story on service dogs and wanted to know if there was anyone in the area he could interview. My wife said sure. Anything to get the word out. So a reporter is coming over Monday evening to do the interview. Like I said, I think this is one of those local papers that get thrown on your driveway once a week. It's the next town over so I don't think we even get it. I'll have to see how we can get a few copies.

This is great news ..... Oh well,it's Sunday morning! Talking about these freebie local newspapers, you have no idea how many people actually read them. We were in our favourite restaurant ages ago and they got us in one of these features with a photo (small thumbnail size they photographer said it would be!) turned out full page photo and you wouldn't believe how many people phoned, texted and even emailed us to tell us they'd seen it - we even had an email from Houston!!! At least they gave us a free dessert! It'll go online as well I'm sure.

Look forward to reading about it. :)

Edited by fairbourne

OMD, Fairbourne, Ms. Aruba has the fall for the fur, DOWN! Now, give that sweet girl some little scritches under her chin. :D

As for me being naughty, I have had some excellent teachers! I can get very creative. Speaking of which I saw a photo page of 107 things to do with pallets. Some very ingenious ideas. I can't remember the site. Will look it up, later.

Gotta run and start getting 11 year old motivated to get breakfast and then off to church. Everyone have a great day.:D

That makes two of them!!! :p:D

That's Poppy's bum in the shot - they are fast becoming pals, playing tug so gives poor Max a break from puppy games of jumping on his head and chewing his tail!

She is getting so big. They grow up so quickly. Enjoy every moment with her!

This is great news ..... Oh well,it's Sunday morning! Talking about these freebie local newspapers, you have no idea how many people actually read them. We were in our favourite restaurant ages ago and they got us in one of these features with a photo (small thumbnail size they photographer said it would be!) turned out full page photo and you wouldn't believe how many people phoned, texted and even emailed us to tell us they'd seen it - we even had an email from Houston!!! At least they gave us a free dessert! It'll go online as well I'm sure.

Look forward to reading about it. :)

I want to see it, I want to see it. Tell me where to go to see more. I'll be your paparazzi! :rolleyes: :p

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Here is the latest picture of Davis. He just turned 8 months old and is around 60 pounds. He is the type of dog that can't be pushed. He has to learn at his own pace.

imagejpg1.jpg

He is such a handsome dog. I can't believe he's only 8 months old. You're doing a great job, again! So much work goes into making these dogs who are they are for us!

Thanks, again, for all the work you're putting into him for someone else! ♥

Here is the latest picture of Davis. He just turned 8 months old and is around 60 pounds. He is the type of dog that can't be pushed. He has to learn at his own pace.

imagejpg1.jpg

He looks a real sturdy handsome chap .... and he is smiling .... Thanks for posting this photo, we do have our dogs photographed at some funny places. I wonder what goes through their minds ..... ;):D. Aruba has yet to go "down the pub"! LOL!

DKD, is that a Halti collar he's wearing? I could do with Aruba wearing something like that, or a harness, as she pulls like mad and she has such a long thin neck, I worry about her normal lead hurting her. Something else to speak to the trainer about! I expect it will be "train the puppy walker" time again! :eek:

That's a sign I have NEVER seen before. What the heck? :confused:

It's a road works sign - it just warns traffic (not that we get a huge amount here!) that there is construction work ahead and there may be trucks or ground diggers coming out of the building site and there is no clear view for the drivers.

I just thought it was funny especially with Horton and Aruba's "love" of plants!!! :p

We always think that these dogs look so much alike [except for their coloring] but if you look at how Aruba's eyes are shaped so round and Davis' eyes are slightly almond shaped they really take on distinct looks all to themselves.

Love it! ♥

He looks a real sturdy handsome chap .... and he is smiling .... Thanks for posting this photo, we do have our dogs photographed at some funny places. I wonder what goes through their minds ..... ;):D. Aruba has yet to go "down the pub"! LOL!

DKD, is that a Halti collar he's wearing? I could do with Aruba wearing something like that, or a harness, as she pulls like mad and she has such a long thin neck, I worry about her normal lead hurting her. Something else to speak to the trainer about! I expect it will be "train the puppy walker" time again! :eek:

Yes fairborne that is a Halti collar. It is much better than the Gentle Leader. The halti has a clip that attaches to his flat collar so if he gets the halti off, he is still connected to the leash. It is also much better for control. Where the head goes, the body follows. Also, we are not constantly pulling on his neck. It's really great if he tries to get something off the ground. One small tug and his head is up where it belongs.

Yes fairborne that is a Halti collar. It is much better than the Gentle Leader. The halti has a clip that attaches to his flat collar so if he gets the halti off, he is still connected to the leash. It is also much better for control. Where the head goes, the body follows. Also, we are not constantly pulling on his neck. It's really great if he tries to get something off the ground. One small tug and his head is up where it belongs.

My dear, sweet, gentle, loving Brenda would take it off herself. At CCI Santa Rosa, she had developed a reputation for not attending class until the Halti or Gentle Leader was removed. She would ONLY focus on getting it off her face, one way or another, before she would ever take direction from a trainer, let a alone me. Everyone was given one to place on their dog, in our class, except Brenda! I should have known from day one that there was going to be something special about that girl.

It was so funny to watch her go through contortions to get that darn thing off of her! I know it wasn't funny to her. She was intently serious! :( And, more than frustrated about it.

All these pictures of adorable fur babies are so sweet! I wish that I could just hug Aruba and Davis. How could you ever say no to either of those cute faces!

Saturday was Paws for Freedom graduation day. So off we went in my folks' car, service dog, both daughters, wheel chair, ventilator and oxygen concentrator. (Our lift van's transmission isn't running well enough to trust it to drive across town.) It started to rain as we arrived and started our unloading process. Then of course it was raining harder when it was time to head back home. All worth the effort though to see two young ladies on the receiving end of "passing the leash". One of the graduating dogs was Gibson's sister Gracie. This link should take you to some photos they have posted on their facebook site. I am having trouble getting photos to upload. Will try again though.

Thanks to all of you who keep this thread going and make it such a treasure!

Beckie

https://www.facebook.com/PawsForFreedom