Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

My travel agent uses Allianz, which recently received top ratings in a study, and I normally use Travelinsured through USAA. I haven't had a claim, though.

If you look on the travel insurance board, someone posted the link to the comparison.

That was fun.......Now, that we've bored the entire thread.....Hey, where is everyone? What do you guys think? This isn't the Roz & DKD Show, you know! :o We do need some feedback and input, occasionally! ;)

Roz Hey I replied to your pox question. What am I just an ignored lurker poster? Just kidding. I like reading all the replies and questions. Susan

Actually frecgenswl82, you answered the question most completely! We could decided which description we liked! Now, that it took me about 4 look-sees on how to spell your screen name is another reason we may not have responded to your original post! :D It was all waaaaay above my head! Especially since I don't have "big" hair like my big sis, Roz!

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that my girl had her last chemo treatment! I'm so thankful she is in remission and doing well!! Give your service dogs and pets a treat in celebration! :)

Quam, this is fabulous news and a wonderful way to start our weekend on good news! :D. Please give your darling girl a big hug from me! :D.

That was fun.......Now, that we've bored the entire thread.....Hey, where is everyone? What do you guys think? This isn't the Roz & DKD Show, you know! :o We do need some feedback and input, occasionally! ;)

I was too busy laughing at the pair of you and enjoyed watching the "silliness" unfold! :p :D

I do sometimes wonder how many "lurkers" we have, those that follow along and read all our silliness, but never post .... Come on show yourselves ....;):D anyone over here on my side of "the pond"???

Aruba and I have been busy this week, out and about doing walks in different parts of town and nearest city. She's walking quite well now, most of the sitting down on bottom and refusing to move has disappeared. I think that's down to varying our routes and so there are more things to look at .... But she is still quite wary of heavy traffic when we are walking along our town's high street and gives me the soul-full retriever look (as opposed to the lab "where we going next, I'm up for it" eagerness). The most annoying thing is people! They will suddenly spot this cute pup and literally dive on her! The only thing I have to indicate that she's a guide dog puppy is a day-glo flash on her lead which I do try and wave to catch people's attention. Old ladies are the worst!!! She does get a "leave me alone coat" (actually I think it says Guide Dog Puppy in training, please don't distract) when she's a bit older, but I could do with it now! But most people are really nice and enquire about her and what I'm doing, so I'm speaking to lots of strangers! :eek: We also went into a supermarket and even when I was naughty and stopped right in front of the sausages chilled counter, she just sat down and wasn't bothered at all. So well done Aruba!

That's the good bits, now here's the not so good ..... ;)

We've had a few broken nights sleep this week ..... Madame has decided I think that she's bored, so starts whimpering about 3am to get our attention. Of course the first couple of nights, quick dig in ribs to the DH and he was dispatched to see what was wrong (well what are DHs for if not to do things like this LOL!) Anyway, out they all went (DH, Madame, Max and Poppy), stood around while madame did what she had to, but there was no hurry on her part! DH gave her fuss, a couple of treats to go back to bed with. So it was hardly an emergency! :rolleyes: Trying it on big time. Same thing happened the next night!

I remembered Colleen telling us about when Misty first arrived and Misty did the same thing. So last night we ignored and ignored, but finally I got up, released Madame from "jail", did not acknowledge her attempts for any fuss, took her outside without the other dogs, did not make eye contact with her, she did a wee pee, and then straight back inside into "jail", no fuss, no treat, no nothing! Silence reigned thereafter! So we will see if this has broken this nonsense before it gets a grip! Enough is enough, broken sleep is awful!

So today, it's a lovely sunny day and we are going to go back to the railway station and practise the stairs - there's a nice coffee shop there with tables outside, so we will practise "mum" having a coffee too and watch the world and the trains go by. Then we have to go into the garden centre to buy Dad a new watering can as we managed to chew the spout on the last one! Metal one this time!

Have a great weekend everyone! :D

image.jpg.8f138945c742990b81455a94b25d5b68.jpg

Edited by fairbourne

So I looked it up on google and the last one is what I think you are referring to as a pox. At least that's how I would think of it. Like a Pox on you and your family. Susan

pox

[poks]

NOUN [PATHOLOGY]

a disease characterized by multiple skin pustules, as smallpox.

syphilis

Plant Pathology a disease of sweet potatoes, characterized by numerous pitlike lesions on the roots, caused by a fungus, Streptomyces ipomoea.

(used interjectionally to express distaste, rejection, aversion, etc.): A pox on you and your bright ideas!

Yikes!! I didn't know trip insurance kept that away!! :eek:

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that my girl had her last chemo treatment! I'm so thankful she is in remission and doing well!! Give your service dogs and pets a treat in celebration! :)

Awesome Quam!!!!!!!!! :D

Roz & DKD, Not bored at all out here in Lurkerville. All of us lurkers are rolling on the floor holding our sides from laughing so hard, also faces wet with tears from all the laughter! So to add our two cents worth would have taken way too much effort. :) It was much easier to just enjoy the entertainment. (When I log on and read this thread from my work computer all co-workers wonder what is soooo funny...)

Have to say I really do enjoy the photos all of you folks are posting. So keep the good stories and photos coming.

Thanks! Beckie

Quam: That is PAWSOME news! Give her some huggles and kisses.

Fairbourne: OMD, it looks like Madame Aruba has grown a foot! Cindy is right, such long legs!

Everyone have a great weekend. We will probably spend it trying to stay outta the heat. Weather page says 111+ and who knows what the humidity index will be :eek:

My travel agent uses Allianz, which recently received top ratings in a study, and I normally use Travelinsured through USAA. I haven't had a claim, though.

If you look on the travel insurance board, someone posted the link to the comparison.

I purchased Travelex. I hope I never get to KNOW how good they are!

Roz Hey I replied to your pox question. What am I just an ignored lurker poster? Just kidding. I like reading all the replies and questions. Susan

Susan, sorry, didn't mean to ignore you.......I hate when people do that to me, so I know how you're feeling! Now, GET OVER IT! Thank you so much for your input.......it was hysterically wonderful!!!!!!

Actually frecgenswl82, you answered the question most completely! We could decided which description we liked! Now, that it took me about 4 look-sees on how to spell your screen name is another reason we may not have responded to your original post! :D It was all waaaaay above my head! Especially since I don't have "big" hair like my big sis, Roz!

Enough, with the hair gags! You're pushing it missy!!!!! I think "frecgenswl82", better known as "Ms. Susan", is our scientific genius type. Just her screen name tells us that in Susan's world every vowel & syllable must be used to identify yourself! :rolleyes: Just saying!

Quam, CONGRATULATIONS! I know how relieved you must be. Your a great Mom and you've given your girl a better life. I hope that she's with you for many more healthy years!

I was too busy laughing at the pair of you and enjoyed watching the "silliness" unfold! :p :D

I do sometimes wonder how many "lurkers" we have, those that follow along and read all our silliness, but never post .... Come on show yourselves ....;):D anyone over here on my side of "the pond"???

We've had folks post once or twice from all parts of the world.......It would be nice to hear from more people who are near you and have them share their "triumphs" with cruising and or their dogs!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Fairbourne, I know what you mean about the disruptive public. I love when other folks "love" on my Service Dog, I truly appreciate the people who have great respect and admiration for our hard working beings. That said, sometimes getting through the super market or going to the doctor can take twice as long as it should. You should see what it takes to walk down the Promenade of a Cruise ship. Almost impossible!

Fairbourne, you know your little tink is just testing both of you when she's whining in the middle of the night. You've done everything she needs, she wakes up and says to herself, "what if I make a noise, will they respond to me?" I don't blame you for checking on her but a few more nights of "no response" and she'll get the idea. I NEVER did well with interrupted sleep!

You're little girl is getting so big........she's all legs just like Aunty Roz!!!! Hair and legs that's me!!!!!

You have a wonderful weekend with your brood and give Mr. Fairbourne an extra big kiss from me.......for being such a great guy to help Aruba be someone's hero, one day!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Roz & DKD, Not bored at all out here in Lurkerville. All of us lurkers are rolling on the floor holding our sides from laughing so hard, also faces wet with tears from all the laughter! So to add our two cents worth would have taken way too much effort. :) It was much easier to just enjoy the entertainment. (When I log on and read this thread from my work computer all co-workers wonder what is soooo funny...)

Have to say I really do enjoy the photos all of you folks are posting. So keep the good stories and photos coming.

Thanks! Beckie

Hey Beckie, glad we can keep that frown up-side-down! Thanks for your input and for being the Mayor of Lurkerville!

Lurker off topic warning! Has anyone seen this Google Street View of the Allure of the Seas? It is totally mesmerizing! Will try to put in the link to it.

Thanks! Beckie

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/google-street-view-cruise-ship/?cid=UKRCIVanity_RoyalView_070714_1

Do you believe what they can put on a cruise ship? I tend to stick to Princess; very low key, subdued and basically lovely. I could care less about all the gadgets and gismo's that are being put onboard some of the ships. Give me good food, good service, good shows and the ocean.......I'm good to go!

i

Darling Oz is having a grand retirement....but, he is having some mental confusion re potty.......the vet has him on ****** to hopefully clear the mental confusion.

So sorry to know Oz having a problem and I hope the meds do the job.

The photo of curly girl Misty was wonderful!

Fairbourne, you must be feeding Madame Aruba some high-test doggie chow and vitamins! She has grown so leggy. I suspect that all of us with black Lab assistance dogs are cheering on "not-so-little-anymore" Aruba and her progress. She looks so much like Hearing Dog Raylene's photos from puppy days.

Roz is so right about excursions taking twice as long some days, with all the admirers stepping up to say hello. We are visiting the Williamsburg, VA area and were at the National Park Service Visitor Center in Yorktown this morning, when a very nice woman approached to say hi. She said she had been a puppy raiser for Guide Dogs for the Blind in California -a nice coincidence, since that's where Raylene came from before her career change last year to Dogs for the Deaf. You do indeed meet some lovely people when you go places with a service dog.