Where do you wish Princess would cruise to?

Cruise Junky

Just curious, what port do you wish Princess would cruise to that it doesn't? For us it's Dubai. It looks like the only way to get there on Princess is a world cruise which at 41, I think work would frown on three months off :). Where would you like to see them go?

We would like a circumnavigation of Africa.

The old Pacific Princess used to sail around most of Africa, but that was several years ago.

Next year and again in 2009, Princess is offering a circumnavigation of Australia, and also a very interesting new itinerary Sydney to Bangkok around the West side of Australia, rather than up the East side.

First, I wish they would buy an exploration ship and cruise to Antarctica, with landings, at Princess prices and with Princess amenites. A girl can dream, can't she?

I like the circumnavigation of Africa idea...that would be an incredible cruise.

Guadaloupe in the Caribbean, since it's a major island I've not yet visited. And Cuba, the minute US citizens can travel there.

But, really, Princess goes to so many places, it is hard for me to name any others that they are missing.

I wish Princess had shorter cruises somewhere off the west coast. Seems like they only do the repositioning cruises on this coast and then only 2 times a year. Pacific Coastal cruising would also be nice, even if it wasn't a short cruise.

Princess does call on Dubai, though. Day 77 of the Jan. 2008 World Cruise on Pacific Princess :D

I hear you. Even if not via ship, Dubai (or anywhere in the UAE, really...say, Muscat) is one of those must-see cities I haven't yet checked off my list.

EDIT: I just re-read your post and you mentioned this very cruise. Sorry; selective reading really is a necessity in my line of work.

Another vote for a week-long cruise to Bermuda out of an East coast port. This offers three and a half beautiful days in Bermuda. The one day stop on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary out of New York isn't enough.

Joan

Ditto!:)

We would like to see Princess place and rotate ships doing round trips out of San Francisco, presently they have only the Dawn doing a round trip to Mexico. We have been on the Dawn twice, need some variety.

Would also like to see more San Francisco to Florida; Florida to San Francisco cruises, not simply transition cruises.

Likewise, Florida to Montreal and Montreal to Florida would be nice to see as well. Once again more cruises other than transition cruises.

Lots to see on the west and east coasts.:)

We would like to see Princess place and rotate ships doing round trips out of San Francisco, presently they have only the Dawn doing a round trip to Mexico. We have been on the Dawn twice, need some variety.

Would also like to see more San Francisco to Florida; Florida to San Francisco cruises, not simply transition cruises.

Likewise, Florida to Montreal and Montreal to Florida would be nice to see as well. Once again more cruises other than transition cruises.

Lots to see on the west and east coasts.:)

And speaking of San Francisco....I'd like to see more 7 night cruises. Celebrity does one which is R/T SF with ports of call in Astoria, Seattle Victoria and Vancouver!

You might want to look at Oceania

We did Istanbul to Singapore via the Suez on their Nautica, 25 nights, this past Nov/Dec. Stopped in Dubai and Muscat Oman for people wanting to get there.

Great trip on a sister ship of Tahitian, Pacific, and Royal (all ex Renaissance ships).

You might want to look at Oceania

We did Istanbul to Singapore via the Suez on their Nautica, 25 nights, this past Nov/Dec. Stopped in Dubai and Muscat Oman for people wanting to get there.

Great trip on a sister ship of Tahitian, Pacific, and Royal (all ex Renaissance ships).

Funny you should bring that one up, I looked at it last night. Only saw dates for 07, but I think their 09 itineraries come out soon. Will keep an eye on it. Oceania would be nice to try.

Hawaii - during August.

I'm so disappointed that NCL is the only cruise line with a Hawaii itinerary during August 2008 :(

Wish it was Princess.

Too late now but Regal has been cruising Hawaii every summer for quite awhile. Just look at the Regal Princess roll calls now. I did the L.A. to Hawaii, back to L.A. cruise a few years ago and then again in May. Unfortunately, the Regal's last cruise will leave L.A. for Sydney on 8/31 and, of course, we'll stop in Honolulu and Lahaina for one last farewell.

Hawaii - during August.

I'm so disappointed that NCL is the only cruise line with a Hawaii itinerary during August 2008 :(

Wish it was Princess.

Princess would have to visit a foreign port......and there are no good ones close.

Hawaii - during August.

Wish it was Princess.

I agree either July or August. :(

DH and I are rarely interested in itineraries; we just like escaping winter in Michigan.

That said, we were on the 5-night cruise on the Star last November that was a special treat since Princess doesn't typically offer shorter cruises - other than coastals/repos - that are convenient for us having to fly to port cities from Detroit. The abbreviated Star voyage went to Grand Turk that we hadn't visited, and we enjoyed being on this ship again as the Star had been our introduction to Princess in 2002.

We loved the "quickie" cruise so much that we decided to squeeze in a fall cruise again this year and will sail on the CB (third time) on October 7 :) .

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Archived