Is this for real?

sondrad

I have never seen that before on an X ship but I guess that is the sign of the times. My DH and I went to Key West for a week in August and almost every hotel, guest house and bed and breakfast had an area where you could sun naked.:eek: At the guest house were stayed at I never saw anyone in the nude even though there was a whole deck just for that purpose.

manip_Deck%2013.jpg

I found this in a Millennium photo album. Can you really do this? I guess I'm a prudish American . . . I'm in my 30's but I couldn't do this!

My feeling is this - if you have a nice bod and want to be an exhibitionist - go for it and if I choose to drool so be it. My self - I look like Orca so no nude bathing for me.

Saw a nude beach in Cannes while waiting for a tour to start - Observations - most of the topless women were in late 50's or older and should NEVER be topless. The few young people - 20's 30's who were topless were gorgeous and if they want to show it off - who am I to argue

Ok so I am a MCP

I have never seen that before on an X ship but I guess that is the sign of the times. My DH and I went to Key West for a week in August and almost every hotel, guest house and bed and breakfast had an area where you could sun naked.:eek: At the guest house were stayed at I never saw anyone in the nude even though there was a whole deck just for that purpose.

I've seen that sign on both Infinity and the Millenium on every trip since our first in 2003.

Regards

sondrad and crazybus : "topless" is not the same as "nude".

I realize this. I have ABSOLUTELY NO problem with anyone going topless (in fact, go nude for all I care), I just can't imagine myself showing off MY tata's. :eek:

Yes it is real. In fact Celebrity made an announcement about the fact that there was a spot for topless sunbathing. If I remember correctly, it started back when they offered the adults only cruises back in 2001-2002.

These areas have existed on Celebrity ships for many years. If you don't want to go there, don't. But don't make the decision for others.

Some of you have assumed it's about being an exhibitionist, or showing off a beautiful body. I'm sure there are those who do it for that reason, but many people just like to be able to sunbath in the nude-- beautiful body or not.

Come on folks, grow up.

I don't have a lot of cruising experience, but I just assumed that virtually every mass-market ship had a topless sunbathing area. I know that Carnival did way back in the '80s. I'm kind of perplexed at why anyone would be shocked by this. Topless beaches are quite common in Europe. It's kind of funny how prudish some Americans are about such things, especially considering how some cultures consider us the epitome of loose morals.

Sunbathing is not something I do at all -- skin cancer has a way of slapping sense into people -- but if I were dark skinned and didn't have to worry about it, I'd have no problem sunbathing topless, at least at my current age (41). At 80, though, I'd probably not want to inflict that on unsuspecting passengers!

-Sarah

It's definitely for real. It's one of my favorite places to sit out... very quiet, very private, plenty of chaise lounges, no blaring music, a good breeze and occasionally a waiter will come by and no... you are not required to go topless there. Have I see topless women there? Yes, many times. I noticed on the X site recently that they say the deck is topless only when in Europe, but no longer on Carribean or other cruises. I'll be up there in Feb... so I'll see for myself.

These areas have existed on Celebrity ships for many years. If you don't want to go there, don't. But don't make the decision for others.

Some of you have assumed it's about being an exhibitionist, or showing off a beautiful body. I'm sure there are those who do it for that reason, but many people just like to be able to sunbath in the nude-- beautiful body or not.

Come on folks, grow up.

WELL SAID !!!!

The area is restricted to topless ( or nude) bathing. Nobody else should feel forced to go there,.AND, out of sheer common sense and civility, nobody else has the right to go there..

There are non-smoking , and smoking areas on every public transportation vehicles I know of....Does this constitute a reason for a lashing at smokers ( or non-smokers ) ??

Cheers, all

:eek:

There are non-smoking , and smoking areas on every public transportation vehicles I know of...

I had thought Canada had even more stringent smoking restrictions than the U.S. In the U.S. I cannot think of any public transportation vehicles where you can smoke. Not on trains, planes, busses, or subways. In most places you can't even smoke anywhere at the airport itself. What public transportation vehciles in British Columbia permit smoking?

Archived