Big Changes Coming to RCCL's Loyalty Program

Patrick, can you share what those benefits are? I know that you get a free cruise to celebrate your 100th credit, but what else? Greedy inquiring minds would like to know!:o

At 75, the single supplement goes to 100%, which is a big deal for me.

I emailed C&S for the complete list today, as the Loyalty Ambassador on my last cruises didn't know them. I'll post it as soon as I get an answer.

Well, here's my 2 cents. I purposely have planned my cruises this year, more than I have in the past so that I would achieve diamond by 1/09 (really the end of the year). Quite honestly, if this does occur prior to next year and the "clients" are not grandfathered, I will most certainly cancell whatever cruises I have set up. I, personally think that stockholders should also have a bit of a benefit of "cruise credits". I can tell you, being a stockholder of both RCI and Carnival, it has been my choice to sail RCI but if this happens I will most definitely go with other lines, i.e. NCL, Princess, Carnival, etc. and will seriously consider selling my shares.

I have not made any further bookings with Celebrity partly because of the changes they have made, not to mention the decline in their services and maintenance of the ships.

As for the children's credits, they do get the credits for the actual cruises they have taken so if they were to cruise alone and had only 2 cruise credits they would not be considered platinum if their parents had 8 completed cruises.

Didn't mean for this to be so long, but I am upset; I'm thinking of calling RCI to see what they say.

I would like to add children having to attain Diamond status on their own rather than achieving it on the parents coattails. I've heard of situations of adult children being Diamond/+ status after only one cruise because the parents are Diamond or Diamond Plus. That's just plain wrong.

I agree and this comes from being a parent of two children who are DP because of me............one has only cruised once with RCCL and the other about 6.........

Not to begrudge my own kids,but I think EVERYONE should be the level that correlates with the number of cruises they have.......sons,daughters,husbands,wives,moms,dads,etc........

And if they are going to up the ante for the number of credits one has to make DP(for instance),I think they should give DPs a bigger balcony/suite discount.............more of a discount on the C& A savings certificates(which is the same as Platinum)....so on and so forth.......

You already get an OBC. What would the justification be for getting credits?

Well, if they want to take away then they should try to make it up in other ways; maybe if they did do that they would be a little better off economically? Perhaps more people would buy their stocks to the benefit of the company. I'm not trying to get greedy, but you always hear of "taking away" never "giving".

I trully hope that someone at RCL is reading the post and sees how it is affecting their loyal customers and how in the long run it will affect them.

We have cruised only 7 times with RCCL and are currently Platnium status. Can someone please explain to me what the CL Lounge is? Assuming a lounge within the ship that depending on your staus, you can visit and do what? Free drinks? Free champagne? Movies? I am confused? Is there a CL on all ships? I have never noticed one? Also, is it only for Diamond members and up, (someone also said if you stay in a suite, you can go there also) Is it only open certain times of the day? Is it the same place where the Loyalty Ambassador is? Please advise?

Anyone?

We were told on our recent Navigator cruise by a high level source that the loyalty program would soon be changing. The new level to attain Diamond status will be 25. We were also told the level would be raised to 50 to reach Diamond Plus. These changes have already been decided and it's just a matter of time before they are officially announced. Probably weeks rather than months. It's not surprising considering the Concierge Lounges are becoming unusable due to overcrowding.

I guess I don't understand? If I were not already D+, I would be furious:rolleyes:

RCL needs to make the lounges bigger and "reward" the frequent cruisers, raising the bar is a dumb move. Do they really think people that have 9 cruises are really going to take 16 more cruises to be Diamond? I think not, I wouldn't.

It is not like the diamond benefits now are worth spending that much $$ or being that loyal to Royal for.:D

I guess I don't understand? If I were not already D+, I would be furious:rolleyes:

RCL needs to make the lounges bigger and "reward" the frequent cruisers, raising the bar is a dumb move. Do they really think people that have 9 cruises are really going to take 16 more cruises to be Diamond? I think not, I wouldn't.

It is not like the diamond benefits now are worth spending that much $$ or being that loyal to Royal for.:D

If they resort to making the lounges bigger, they will need entire decks eventually. ;)

My guess (and that's all it is) is that RCI knows it will take a minor hit when the changes are announced. But in the long run, the small percentage of cruisers who act of our anger and cancel cruises will likely come back, and if not, RCI will likely replace those lost $ by being aggressive and getting new people to cruise. They will also benefit from the cost savings.

If that's the rationale, I dont think it's dumb at all.

last written message was don't contact us again because we know the issue but we don't want to hear from you again--

Cincinnati, OH:confused:

I have written about my current credits as well and didn't get that response but rather none at all...........:cool:

The CL is a room ( most but not all ships have them), that is open during the day for coffee, light breakfast, snack, and from 5-8:30 pm you can get free alcohol drinks (limited to the type ). You can obtain access by being a Diamond or higher level in C&A status, or by booking a GS or above cabin. You receive a CL room key (in your stateroom)to gain entry to the CL. The Freedom class ships have a CL for the suite guests and a seperate Diamond lounge for the Diamond guests.

There are no movies or anything extra besides drinks, and food, and to be secluded in a seperate room away from places that are conjested! Even though the lounge gets conjested at times also!

Some of the older ships (such as Empress) does not have a CL.

Hope this helped!

Anyone?

CL is the concierge lounge. The bigger ships, and some of the smaller ones, have them. I've not been in one yet, but this is my understanding. You have access in the morning for continental breakfast and coffee (better coffee; think they even have latte machines). In the evening they have a happy hour with free beverages (limited to beer, wine, etc. can't get froo-froo drinks) and munchies. You have access to the concierge who can get you tickets to ice shows on the Voyager & Freedom class, believe they'll make your reservations at Portofino/Chops, etc.

With all the talk of how credits should be given i.e. someone suggested that you get something when you pay the 200% supplement as a single cruiser, or that people in the suites get more because they pay more, no one mentioned the issue of families that book 2 cabins...one for mom and dad, another for the kids. Frankly, in many cases, this costs more than a suite, yet the parents (who are paying for everything BTW since the minor kids don't have any income of their own) only get credit for their cabin (so a balcony on a 7 day gives up only 1 credit).

Frankly, if we go by money spent, we should get credit for the other cabin as well. Since my kids are little, they aren't going to be using coupons w/out me, not using any lounges since they serve alcohol, aren't going to be saving money by using a C&A coupon on the next booking. I am. Therefore, I should be getting the credit for what I'm paying for.

I never see anyone mention this issue when talking about cruise credits.

That said, I will make platinum after my March cruise. My mom is diamond and while our cabin reservations are linked, I only expect to benefit from that by having priority embarkation. She's not a drinker so she doesn't use the lounge and she used her C&A coupon for her cabin. I guess only time will tell as to how they will manage any changes to the plan.

On Radiance class ships they could make the safari club lounge area the Concierge Club for a few hrs-- with fewer live bands in there it is probabaly underutilized at this point...

We are going on our first Diamond cruise next week, after turning Elite with Celeb...(no great perks there at all) Guess we just made the cut for the grandfathering . Hope we get to experience the lounge but will report back either way...

If they resort to making the lounges bigger, they will need entire decks eventually. ;)

My guess (and that's all it is) is that RCI knows it will take a minor hit when the changes are announced. But in the long run, the small percentage of cruisers who act of our anger and cancel cruises will likely come back, and if not, RCI will likely replace those lost $ by being aggressive and getting new people to cruise. They will also benefit from the cost savings.

If that's the rationale, I dont think it's dumb at all.

They can make the lounges bigger---get rid of the boxing ring, simulated golf and art auction area.....

While, I think adding some cool features like flow rider is an asset so isn't rewarding loyality.

If I left RCL, it wouldn't necessarily be about the diamond status but the overall decline of services we have seen onboard the last few years.

Everyone beats the system one way or the other either by going to a suite with 4-5 people or living at cruise ports and milking those 3-4 day cruise to get full credits.

I beg to differ as well as my DH has not gotten the status of Diamond that I hold. MY future cruise shows him as still gold with me being Diamond so not everyone get that perk. Count your blessing if you did

I agree with one poster this does not solve the current situation with overcrowdeness. While I do like the CL its not the reason i like being diamond. Why dont they look at the coupon book and maybe change that around some. better deals for D / DP. Specified another lounge on each ship for them for a certain time frame. Take the CL and put 2 times on it. one for those for early seating and one for late. Im sure that would be tuff as those that eat in the cafe would be there the whole time and that would to be taken advantage of.

Is there really any solution that will please everyone, Would you really change cruise lines because you can't reach diamond status. Would you stay if your levels coupon book had better things in it. Get rid of the Cl all together and give me more drink coupons. they will solve the issue with it having to many people in it. half will go there and half will go to the nearest bar to the restr that are about to eat in.

Im just not sure those higher ups really thought this thru...

While, I think adding some cool features like flow rider is an asset so isn't rewarding loyality.

It is, but only to the point where the costs start outweighing the benefits. Sounds like we are rapidly approaching that point.

This has been mentioned before, but corporations do not place much value in loyalty these days. They may pay lip service to it, and you may get a few token perks, that that's about it. I'm not saying it's right; I'm just saying things have changed.

Everyone has there own opinion of what is fair. I am presently Platinum with cruises booked and deposits paid for Aug 08 and March 09 which would make me Diamond under the present criteria. I sail all lines and my loyalty has been to RCCL the last couple of years as I wanted to make Diamond - not for the lounge but the early disembarkation before the cattle call. I have 5 cruises with Princess and 5 with carnival and a couple with NCL. As stated in previous posts, I also must fly to most of my cruises with adds 2-3 thousand to the cost of the cruise (family of 4). I certainly will begin to look at other lines as I believe that Princesses' compatible level to Diamond offers better perks - It used to take more cruises to obtain that level but not if Diamond goes to 25. To each their own but I hope RCCL will consider cruises that are already booked when determining when to implement this program. HAL and Princess certainly look better at this time.

I agree with one poster this does not solve the current situation with overcrowdeness. While I do like the CL its not the reason i like being diamond. Why dont they look at the coupon book and maybe change that around some. better deals for D / DP. Specified another lounge on each ship for them for a certain time frame. Take the CL and put 2 times on it. one for those for early seating and one for late. Im sure that would be tuff as those that eat in the cafe would be there the whole time and that would to be taken advantage of.

Is there really any solution that will please everyone, Would you really change cruise lines because you can't reach diamond status. Would you stay if your levels coupon book had better things in it. Get rid of the Cl all together and give me more drink coupons. they will solve the issue with it having to many people in it. half will go there and half will go to the nearest bar to the restr that are about to eat in.

Im just not sure those higher ups really thought this thru...

My guess (and again, that's all it is) is that they did think it through an they did consider alternatives, but they simply do not want to do what you suggest. It defeats the purpose of cutting costs.

We were told on our recent Navigator cruise by a high level source that the loyalty program would soon be changing. The new level to attain Diamond status will be 25. We were also told the level would be raised to 50 to reach Diamond Plus. These changes have already been decided and it's just a matter of time before they are officially announced. Probably weeks rather than months. It's not surprising considering the Concierge Lounges are becoming unusable due to overcrowding.

Why is everybody freaking out over something that hasn't happened yet? At this point it is just a rumor until RCCL announces any changes. So why not just sit back and relax and see what happens.

Archived