Big Changes Coming to RCCL's Loyalty Program

As long as they don't get any wise ideas about nixing those coconut cookies i'm happy :D

I was pretty upset when I first started reading this thread but at the end of the day I feel fortunate to spend any time at sea making memories with my family. Some people spend their whole lives dreaming about a vacation they'll never have.

It still kinda sucks tho... but i'm gonna try not to lose any sleep over it!

Francesca, a JS gets two cruise credits. Unlike "suite access" to the Concierge Lounge, the JS "counts" for double cruise credits.

Thanks, I know about the double credits. My issue is more that if they make the number so high, they make CL access virtually unattainable to those 1-2 cruises a year cruisers who use accessible cabins who go the normal route of making diamond to get access because we can't book a GS or higher. I guess I will have to pursue what I was told a while back that you can ask for CL access if you are booked in an accessible JS going through the special needs desk, which is something they don't tell you when you book an accessible JS. I only found out because I emailed with questions the last time a thread was started about them raising levels in the program. I would think the services a concierge offers like the ice show tickets would be handy for someone with mobility issues who might have more issues "running" around the ship to find things. I love cruising on RCCL, I just want things fair for the folks who are in accessible cabins by need.

Ok,guess my last post got pulled cuz I said a BAD word:eek: :eek: (but it was in jest to a friend and I didnt even spell it out)...........anyway,just wanted to say I can vouch for Mar..........the person who sent her that email is not just any C and A rep.......

Whew! Took awhile to read all the pages...but had heard about this earlier today so went right to a Mgr. of C&A with an email.....and you can believe it or not, but this is the word I got back:

While we are always looking for ways to improve the program for the benefit of our members, the rumors circulating on that post are absolutely untrue and have no basis in fact whatsoever. It's personally discouraging to me to see so many valuable members get upset over what amounts to nothing!

Anytime you see a hot topic like this come around, I appreciate you letting me know. I will speak to my contacts on NV to see if I can do some rumor control.

Mar~

I think the English is fine, actually. I imagine "on NV" means "on Navigator," which is where Kewlguy was when he heard the news/rumor/scurrilous lie (take your pick;) ).

I don't think anybody is trying to discredit Kewlguy - I trust that he heard what he said he did (how's that for a tortured sentence?). But perhaps, and I say PERHAPS his source wasn't as knowledgeable as he/she should have been. Stay tuned and we'll find out one way or another.

The sentence structure is fine!

If you remember when we were on Radiance in September we heard rumors about them going to a total days type of system. So who knows what is correct it's all thoughts at this point.

d

I think Tony was just trying to give a "heads up" on what he was told. It will give people a chance to (maybe) get to the next level before it happens. If you choose to believe it's a rumor then do so at your own risk.

Tony, the only thing wrong with your.......not in the same household credit....is that I have cruised all the same cruises in the same cabin with DH and they have me as 5 less than DH. So he is D+ and I would only be Diamond on my own. But in reality I am also D+ and no matter how many times I call C&A to get it "fixed" they tell me not to worry because DH is D+ and I live in the same household. They also have 2 missing cruise credits on DH that they won't fix either. So C&A needs to get the cruise history straightened out before this could work. I know we are not the only ones this has happened to and it might make a difference for those that are trying to get to the next level.

Thanks, I know about the double credits. My issue is more that if they make the number so high, they make CL access virtually unattainable to those 1-2 cruises a year cruisers who use accessible cabins who go the normal route of making diamond to get access because we can't book a GS or higher. I guess I will have to pursue what I was told a while back that you can ask for CL access if you are booked in an accessible JS going through the special needs desk, which is something they don't tell you when you book an accessible JS. I only found out because I emailed with questions the last time a thread was started about them raising levels in the program. I would think the services a concierge offers like the ice show tickets would be handy for someone with mobility issues who might have more issues "running" around the ship to find things. I love cruising on RCCL, I just want things fair for the folks who are in accessible cabins by need.
Just wondering why folks in an accessible JS has concierge rights?:confused: If it is the case of having the concierge getting them ice tickets,for instance,why not all accessible cabins????

Im sure if one in an accessible cabin truly has trouble getting around to get things like ice show tickets, they can tell the guest relation desk or even the LA,perhaps??

I am not begruding anyone who needs help with things,but why draw the line at JS??

I think Tony was just trying to give a "heads up" on what he was told. It will give people a chance to (maybe) get to the next level before it happens. If you choose to believe it's a rumor then do so at your own risk.

Tony, the only thing wrong with your.......not in the same household credit....is that I have cruised all the same cruises in the same cabin with DH and they have me as 5 less than DH. So he is D+ and I would only be Diamond on my own. But in reality I am also D+ and no matter how many times I call C&A to get it "fixed" they tell me not to worry because DH is D+ and I live in the same household. They also have 2 missing cruise credits on DH that they won't fix either. So C&A needs to get the cruise history straightened out before this could work. I know we are not the only ones this has happened to and it might make a difference for those that are trying to get to the next level.

If I were you,I'd make a list of all my cruises and send it to C and A (Diamond Plus section) With the same amount of credits,you both should be DP.......

AMEN! And I'll never stop cruising Royal Caribbean at least until I get a chance to cruise with Bill and Rita!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rita & Bill were our dinner mates on the Liberty Pre-Inauagural:p and we certainly enjoyed their company...Later, Jill:cool:

Rita & Bill were our dinner mates on the Liberty Pre-Inauagural:p and we certainly enjoyed their company...Later, Jill:cool:

I do believe you had a whole table full of wonderful tablemates,didnt you??;)

But yes,Rita and Bill are very nice people that I have meet up with several times........

I think I have developed the perfect solution.

I am Diamond, only need 5 more cruises to make D+.

I will make myself available for any single, attractive, women who would like to achieve Diamond status. You pick up the tab for "our" cruise, shore excursions, bar tab, etc. I will book the cruise, list you as living at my address, and you will automatically get Diamond status.

NOW, If I could only get my wife to agree to this "arrangement"!!:D

Since we are only 3 months away from our D cruise, I figure we have a decent chance of being grandfathered in, if the rumor info is correct.

However, when I think about how I choose a cruise ( and I'm sure many others think similarly), for the last 2 years, at least, points toward P and D status have been a major factor - enough that I probably paid several hundred per cruise extra to be on RC when I could have been on a very similar line such as Princess. If RC makes the change to D at 25 my selection process would change completely, as the RC loyalty program would no longer be a factor. I think this would be a big mistake on the part of RC, since they would no longer be as competitive, since right now their fares in general are higher than the competition.

Some posters stated that we should not think of the loyalty program as an "entitlement", however I think of it as a "prepurchased benefit" - paid for with the higher RC fares I have paid in the past.

Just wondering why folks in an accessible JS has concierge rights?:confused: If it is the case of having the concierge getting them ice tickets,for instance,why not all accessible cabins????

Im sure if one in an accessible cabin truly has trouble getting around to get things like ice show tickets, they can tell the guest relation desk or even the LA,perhaps??

I am not begruding anyone who needs help with things,but why draw the line at JS??

I know they are trying to balance out the fact that they don't have any accessible cabins that are eligible for the CL so I suppose they chose JS as it's the highest class accessible cabin you can get. I personally didn't want to go that path and didn't ask for access for our last cruise even though we were in an accessible JS. Hopefully whatever changes they are making won't happen till 2009 as we'll be diamond after our December cruise we have booked.

Voyager, Tony is just an avid cruiser with a kind, pleasant, low-key demeanor. It comes as no surprise to me that a high-level Royal Caribbean exec on the same sailing as Tony would talk to him frankly. And Tony sails a variety of lines; he is not a RC *cheerleader*, just a straight-talker.

:)

Thank you. Since I cruise a lot (see signature below) and tend to meet a lot of people I've gotten to know a lot of ship board personnel. I'm also not shy about asking questions. If my purpose was just to start a rumor I could post many other things I've been told recently. But I don't. As I've said the person who gave me this information would know better than anyone else on the ship. Regardless of C&A's denials I stand behind everything that I have posted on this thread. And NO I don't work for any cruise line. :)

The possibility does exist that all C&A folks were instructed to deny the "rumor" until the official announcement was made about any changes to the program.

I agree with this statement 100%. Thank you Paul. What I was told was an "off the record" private conversation. That's why I won't mention the name of who told me.

I do believe you had a whole table full of wonderful tablemates,didnt you??;)

But yes,Rita and Bill are very nice people that I have meet up with several times........

Wow - look how many are here from that Liberty Pre-Inaugural! Hi everyone!! :D

As long as they don't get any wise ideas about nixing those coconut cookies i'm happy :D

I was pretty upset when I first started reading this thread but at the end of the day I feel fortunate to spend any time at sea making memories with my family. Some people spend their whole lives dreaming about a vacation they'll never have.

It still kinda sucks tho... but i'm gonna try not to lose any sleep over it!

Im allergic to coconut cookies, you can have all of mine. We had them almost every day on the Rhapsody. I admit to travelling to Florida when I could have gone out of other closer ports cheaper just to get cruise credits on RCL. I admit I want to get platinum, diamond and diamond plus, now it looks a zillion miles away.

I find this post very disheartening since Im a fairly new cruiser. Im upset. Means I wasted a trip to Florida and pushing to cruise on Voyager as much for the cruise credit as I want it badly over Conquest, to me a cruise is a cruise and I have a good time no matter which cruise line. I kinda like Princess for that matter.

This post means I need to rethink booking my next cruise at any rate. I really wanted to get to where you get that balcony discount. It meant a lot to me, even more than the other perks which now I feel like are pulled out of my reach since 4 months of Voyager out of Galveston I probably can do one a season at most, dont want back to back to back just to keep trying to get cruise credits. what now?? I think royal caribbean is going to lose others like me who were pushing to go on royal caribbean just to get to certain levels.

RCL's potential perks were the biggest reason I pushed to go on RCL, now they are pulled out of reach, I know they will lose me on some cruises because the cruise credit was a big consideration.

I fault them for letting everyone into the same level who lives with a diamond or diamond plus, some take advantage who didnt earn it. Now they have too many, so the rest of us will suffer. Im pissed, I admit it. I read this tread before and didnt post I was so upset...still am.

I know C&A is not always the best place to find things out...but I did call today...I spoke with a young lady who had not heard anything about any changes in number of cruises affecting cruise status...She put me on hold to speak to a supervisior...this person said no changes are in place or will be in place in the near future...I told her that I had heard this from a reliable source...she said let me call someone else...she came back and said no no changes...however she said sometimes C&A are the last people to know...when they changed and started charging the fuel surcharge they told them in the morning of the change when they arrived at work...they had a ten minute meeting and that was it....

So I dought they are in any conspiricy.

However, when I think about how I choose a cruise ( and I'm sure many others think similarly), for the last 2 years, at least, points toward P and D status have been a major factor - enough that I probably paid several hundred per cruise extra to be on RC when I could have been on a very similar line such as Princess. If RC makes the change to D at 25 my selection process would change completely, as the RC loyalty program would no longer be a factor. I think this would be a big mistake on the part of RC, since they would no longer be as competitive, since right now their fares in general are higher than the competition.

Some posters stated that we should not think of the loyalty program as an "entitlement", however I think of it as a "prepurchased benefit" - paid for with the higher RC fares I have paid in the past.

I need help understanding. I truly don't book with RC as I stated earlier for my loyalty benifits. I book for price, ports and so on.

What are the major plus's to pay more money for a RC cruise to become a certain leve? What is D or D+ giving you that some would not look to another line? How much is this balcony discount? Is priority boarding something that is well needed? What is so great about a CL that most say they had to go to another lounge anyway? It cann't be for the latte machine or the free drinks, can it? I also hear it is self serve and only certain drinks you make yourself and you cann't take them out. Am I wrong here?

Help-I'm confused? :confused: I quoted the above poster but this is not the only one I believe on this long thread that has said this so please-help me. Should I change my mindset as I might feel the D level is well needed. Not seeing it yet but I am quite a novice cruiser to many here so I may change my mind.

I think I have developed the perfect solution.

I am Diamond, only need 5 more cruises to make D+.

I will make myself available for any single, attractive, women who would like to achieve Diamond status. You pick up the tab for "our" cruise, shore excursions, bar tab, etc. I will book the cruise, list you as living at my address, and you will automatically get Diamond status.

NOW, If I could only get my wife to agree to this "arrangement"!!:D

Dont tempt me lol. I admit I really think this whole thing is so unfair. OK so you are diamond...maybe I can find a diamond plus who wants to claim me as their daughter, mother, something, any other bidders??

Im not sure it would be worth payinig for both you and your wife to come with us on the Voyager but its worth a thought.

Archived