Big Changes Coming to RCCL's Loyalty Program

Well about the fact that Carnival is still serving lobster. That would be a "sort" of.... just off the Pride and we got 1/2 of a small tail and two shrimp.

Again - I am Gold, so this doesn't really affect me - but this was our 2nd time and the only perk was the past guest party. Not a big deal. However, on our 2nd sailing with RCCL, we got cute gifts and believe it or not we USE the coupon books. So if you don't use them, send them to me :)

Anyway - you can compare lines with their programs and they are never going to be equal. It all depends on what you find important and this what makes it easier to choose a line.

I will tell you that I did enjoy the fact that Carnival has a Past Guest discount and it doesn't matter what level you are to get it.

I am still debating taking 2 small cruises on Monarch before she leaves (instead of just one) so we could be Platinum for the Serenade Southern next year.... but I truly doubt that the benefits will justify it. Can anyone tell me what the Platinum balcony discount on a 7 day is, off the top of their heads? :)

Yes - Carol, Carol & Jean - I know the 4/21 is still alive & well - but it would have to be a weekend one. :(

debde- platinum and diamond/ d plus do get balcony discounts - someone posted them either on this page or the one before it- AND their crown and anchor coupons for certain sailings are more ( than gold) - add those together and you get pretty nice cabin savings that are in addition to the rest of the neat perks offered-

Well about the fact that Carnival is still serving lobster. That would be a "sort" of.... just off the Pride and we got 1/2 of a small tail and two shrimp.

Again - I am Gold, so this doesn't really affect me - but this was our 2nd time and the only perk was the past guest party. Not a big deal. However, on our 2nd sailing with RCCL, we got cute gifts and believe it or not we USE the coupon books. So if you don't use them, send them to me :)

Anyway - you can compare lines with their programs and they are never going to be equal. It all depends on what you find important and this what makes it easier to choose a line.

I will tell you that I did enjoy the fact that Carnival has a Past Guest discount and it doesn't matter what level you are to get it.

I am still debating taking 2 small cruises on Monarch before she leaves (instead of just one) so we could be Platinum for the Serenade Southern next year.... but I truly doubt that the benefits will justify it. Can anyone tell me what the Platinum balcony discount on a 7 day is, off the top of their heads? :)

I believe it is 100$ for 6-9 nights.

I have never had to fax a form to transfer any of my cruises to my TA. Maybe I just got lucky??? Or I just have a great TA that makes everything so darn easy for me... :) Or you just got someone that wanted it in writing since your booking had so many issues?

I was told here next time book it online myself and then it will be easier to transfer, my fault. I keep saying one more cruise on RCL, just bad luck. I always have a good time, but I have had issues on my RCL cruises that make me scratch my head. Like the broken hangers and broken bunk that fell and could have hit my sister in the head, yes RCL knew it was broken and hanging out of the wall, they decorated it with a picture.

Im still positive and hope to keep on cruising RCL, wild horses probably couldnt stop me, I got the cruising bug. Just some things I think RCL is doing they need to take a look at.

OK off my soapbox, I thought about this thread for a day and I guess had lots to say and get it off my chest. I just hope they dont change how many cruises you need for diamond, because seriously, Im one who it would affect which cruiseline Id choose, probably go to Princess more.

If the potential changes to C&A do end up being true I feel bad for the people that are close to Diamond as the difference in perks over Platinum is fairly substantial.

For those of you that may not make Diamond +, I wouldn't worry too much. The only difference is that you will not get the "not very expensive" bottle of wine...or the towel, tote bag etc. The behind the scenes tours which are the other shipboard perk seem to be being phased out. I was told on Serenade in September that they are being eliminated. So, if the current perks remain the same, you won't be missing much not getting to D+.

BTW, I learned it from you PH:D

Until all of this happens or if it happens then folks just need to wait and see. It's just like the rumor that was going around about lobster which has not been discontinued which I noticed that you are still telling folks on the Carnival board that it is along with other things that are being cutback without any proof. This is how the facts get distorted and rumors started.:rolleyes:

I agree. This is just a rumor. Sometimes rumors turn out to be true but often they are not. I would not make any cruise decisions based on this rumor. I don't care who the person talked to, it is a rumor, not a fact.

If the potential changes to C&A do end up being true I feel bad for the people that are close to Diamond as the difference in perks over Platinum is fairly substantial.

For those of you that may not make Diamond +, I wouldn't worry too much. The only difference is that you will not get the "not very expensive" bottle of wine...or the towel, tote bag etc. The behind the scenes tours which are the other shipboard perk seem to be being phased out. I was told on Serenade in September that they are being eliminated. So, if the current perks remain the same, you won't be missing much not getting to D+.

Last weekend we had 9 Diamond Plus members on the Navigator and all of us were invited for a bridge tour.

I'll speak to YOU in private!:eek:

Last weekend we had 9 Diamond Plus members on the Navigator and all of us were invited for a bridge tour.

Well Kewl, that's good, because I always enjoyed bridge tours. September was when there was some confusion about D&D+ being allowed into the actual Concierge Lounge when an over flow lounge was being used due to so many D&D+ aboard.

Not all C&A changes have been made on January 1......Diamond Plus was created and implemented on September 1, 2004.

I have a serious question:

with all this perk bashing (keep the coupon book etc) maybe someone can tell me what perks other cruise lines have. I am a past guest on Carnival but I never really cared for Carnival.

So, I am sure there are cruisers experienced on other lines and they certainly must have a level or status reached by now.

So, lets heave it.

Carnival:

NCL:

with all this perk bashing (keep the coupon book etc) maybe someone can tell me what perks other cruise lines have. I am a past guest on Carnival but I never really cared for Carnival.

So, I am sure there are cruisers experienced on other lines and they certainly must have a level or status reached by now.

IMHO the only other mass market line with loyalty perks worth considering is Princess, but I find them quite good indeed. You get free internet packages beginning at Platinum, for example. And at the Elite (=Diamond) level, you get free laundry & dry cleaning and a free mini-bar setup. Plus the priority debarkation, private embarkation lounge, upgraded toiletries, etc.

Besides which, we really like Princess. We still like RCI too, and now that we've made Diamond, the discounts will definitely factor into our future cruise choices. But RCI is definitely not the only cruiseline with a good loyalty package, IMO.

We've sailed 8 cruiselines and I think RCCL treats their repeat passengers the best. We keep getting hot deals via snail mail and email (especially from HAL), and the prices are great, (today I received a promo for a savings of $600 per person plus add a 3rd or 4th guest from $99, but I keep going back to RC. :o It's habit forming. ;)

So, lets have it.

Carnival:

NCL:

Here's a copy of the Captains Circle past passenger benefits Princess offers.

Their benefits are based on number of cruises and/or cruise days.

Internet used to be free.........now it's a $ amount per days sailed.

The complimentary laundry/dry cleaning service is a great perk and one I'd like to see on Royal Caribbean.

Gold 2nd - 5th cruises

Platinum 6th - 15th cruise or 50 to 149 cruise days

Elite 16th cruise and above or 150 cruise days and above

title_membership_benefits.gif

Your loyalty deserves exceptional rewards and recognition – that’s why we designed the Princess Captain’s Circle program. The more you sail with us, the more benefits you are entitled to.

cc_mp_membership_mendoza.gif

Gold Membership >>

Platinum Membership >>

Elite Membership >>

cc_mp_gold_mem_mendoza.gif

Preferential Pricing Offers

Throughout the year, we specially select itineraries we know you love and will keep you informed of special offers and deals. You can tell us whether you would prefer to hear about these by mail, phone or email in your Member Profile .

Members only onboard Events

As a member, you will be invited to exclusive events during your cruise with us. These are a great way to meet fellow members!!

Princess Passport

Our special Princess Passports are another member exclusive, giving you a unique way to record your memories of treasured adventures.

Collectible Destination Stamps

Every time you sail with us, we will give you a stamp depicting the destination you have traveled. The stamps are signed by the Captain and can be displayed in your Princess Passport.

Circle Host

We are committed to making your vacation experience with us a special one,- that is why, onboard every vessel, there is a Circle Host, - a representative of the Princess Captain’s Circle, ready to make sure that you receive all the benefits to which you are entitled.

Member Benefits Card

You have been issued a membership card which indicates your member status. This card should be kept handy at all times and your member number quoted when making a reservation. Providing this number guarantees that you will receive all the benefits to which you are entitled.

Princess Captain’s Circle Quarterly Magazine

Every three months, you will receive our Magazine, published exclusively for members of the Princess Captain’s Circle. As well as advance notification of promotions and new itineraries, you will be the first to hear about our new ships. We are also pleased to share behind the scenes information with you and feature your favorite Princess crew members,- taking a peak at what they like to do when they are back at home!

Princess Captain’s Circle Center Online

Once you register for the Circle Center, you will have access to extra benefits, including our Stand By Program. We will also feature regularly updated articles on the latest developments at Princess,-like new ships, itineraries and shows. Your Member Profile is also accessible through the Center and can be kept up to date to ensure that we are able to anticipate your every need. Tell us what you like, what you don’t like, and how you would like us to keep in touch with you!

Back to the top >>

cc_mp_plat_mem_mendoza.gif

Complimentary Cruise Atlas

Every year you will automatically receive a copy of our Princess Cruise Atlas. With details on all itineraries and sailings for the year, you will be able to plan ahead easily!

Free upgrade to TravelCare Gold

As a Platinum member, when you purchase our Standard Travel Care travel protection plan, we will automatically give you a free upgrade to the Gold package,- that’s double the cover - on us!

Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. If you are a Platinum member, you and your family or guests will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

Platinum Members Lounge

In recognition of your loyalty, and to make your last morning with us more enjoyable, we invite Platinum members to use the Platinum Members Lounge, offering light refreshments and peace while you await disembarkation.

Complimentary Internet Packages

Each Platinum Member will receive a credit towards the purchase of a package in our Internet Cafés.

$75 for voyages of 7 days or less (equivalent to 150 minute package)

$100 for voyages of 8-20 days (equivalent to 250 minute package)

$200 for voyages of 21 or more days (equivalent to two 250 minute packages)

You can use your credit towards a larger package if necessary, or enjoy all those minutes - compliments of the Princess Captain's Circle!

(Does not include wireless internet access; effective on voyages beginning on or after April 1, 2007)

Back to the top >>

cc_mp_elite_mendoza.gif

PREFERRED SERVICES PACKAGE

Priority Tender Embarkation

As a well-traveled guest with Princess, you have the opportunity to travel ashore quickly and without waiting in line. Simply present your Priority Tender Ticket directly at the gangway instead of waiting with other passengers in the lounge area. You will then join any remaining passengers and board the tender as soon as it is clear to embark.

Priority Disembarkation

You'll be contacted towards the end of your cruise by the Circle Host to determine approximately what time would be most convenient for your disembarkation. If you'd like to linger onboard longer, we'll be more than happy to give you a later disembarkation group. If you'd like to be one of the first groups to disembark, we'll gladly accommodate - the choice is yours!

Shoe Polishing Service

Your shoes will be polished upon request - this service is complimentary.

Complimentary Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services

Upon request, your cabin steward will organize your laundry to be cleaned - compliments of Princess Captain’s Circle!

ELITE CABIN AMENITIES PACKAGE

Complimentary Mini Bar Set Up

Your stateroom will receive one mini bar set up according to your personal preferences. If no preferences have been indicated in your Member Profile, the standard selection will be given. Drinks will be refilled upon request and you will only be charged for the additionally requested drinks consumed.

Deluxe Canapes Selection

You may receive, upon request, a complimentary selection of deluxe canapés specially created by the Chef, delivered to your stateroom on formal night. This benefit can be ordered through room service and should be requested at least 6 hours prior to the desired delivery time.

Afternoon Tea

Complimentary afternoon tea may be served in your stateroom, should you wish. You may request this via room service at least 6 hours prior to the desired delivery time.

Upgraded Bathroom Amenities

Your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities reserved for Suite guests.

PREFERRED DISCOUNT PACKAGE

10% Boutique Discount

Our Boutiques are second to none for choice and gift selection. Now, as an Elite Member, take advantage of a 10% discount storewide to buy those extra gifts for all your family back home! Your Cruise Card is your key to this wonderful benefit,- simply show it when you make any purchase, and our Boutique Staff will automatically deduct 10% from your purchase price.

Complimentary Wine Tasting

Our Wine Tasting Events are popular and many of our members attend, so we have made arrangements to pick up the cover charge for you! Space is limited at these events so, should you wish to attend, you must confirm with the Circle Host who will contact you at the beginning of your cruise.

Back to the top >>

The “exclusive access” to a loyalty ambassador was not offered. I did not sign up to see the LA (I thought I had some sort of “exclusive access”) so I had to wait over an hour to book a cruise.

I think that the exclusive access to a loyalty spe c i a l ist (I don't know why I can't say "spe******t") is a pre-cruise benefit. You can call the reservation number and ask to be transferred to the Diamond Plus desk, where they will help you with your amenity and maybe something else (I haven't used them for anything else).

We have sailed a few times as you can see from below.

We will be diamond after our panama canal in Feb.

We are looking foward to the balcony discount to be together with the great people we have met and plan on sailing with again. Most of them take balconys. In the past we would take the cheapest cabin so we could sail more often. Diamond will now let us sail with these friends and get rooms near them at a fare we can afford.

I think that the exclusive access to a loyalty spe c i a l ist (I don't know why I can't say "spe******t") is a pre-cruise benefit. You can call the reservation number and ask to be transferred to the Diamond Plus desk, where they will help you with your amenity and maybe something else (I haven't used them for anything else).
Thats exactly what it is........

Because "c i a l i s" is a drug. :) But the filter can't figure out that it is also part of another word. :rolleyes: :p

Now how did you figure that one out Tina??:D

Here's a copy of the Captains Circle past passenger benefits Princess offers.

Their benefits are based on number of cruises and/or cruise days.

Internet used to be free.........now it's a $ amount per days sailed.

The complimentary laundry/dry cleaning service is a great perk and one I'd like to see on Royal Caribbean.

Gold 2nd - 5th cruises

Platinum 6th - 15th cruise or 50 to 149 cruise days

Elite 16th cruise and above or 150 cruise days and above

title_membership_benefits.gif

Your loyalty deserves exceptional rewards and recognition – that’s why we designed the Princess Captain’s Circle program. The more you sail with us, the more benefits you are entitled to.

cc_mp_membership_mendoza.gif

Gold Membership >>

Platinum Membership >>

Elite Membership >>

cc_mp_gold_mem_mendoza.gif

Preferential Pricing Offers

Throughout the year, we specially select itineraries we know you love and will keep you informed of special offers and deals. You can tell us whether you would prefer to hear about these by mail, phone or email in your Member Profile .

Members only onboard Events

As a member, you will be invited to exclusive events during your cruise with us. These are a great way to meet fellow members!!

Princess Passport

Our special Princess Passports are another member exclusive, giving you a unique way to record your memories of treasured adventures.

Collectible Destination Stamps

Every time you sail with us, we will give you a stamp depicting the destination you have traveled. The stamps are signed by the Captain and can be displayed in your Princess Passport.

Circle Host

We are committed to making your vacation experience with us a special one,- that is why, onboard every vessel, there is a Circle Host, - a representative of the Princess Captain’s Circle, ready to make sure that you receive all the benefits to which you are entitled.

Member Benefits Card

You have been issued a membership card which indicates your member status. This card should be kept handy at all times and your member number quoted when making a reservation. Providing this number guarantees that you will receive all the benefits to which you are entitled.

Princess Captain’s Circle Quarterly Magazine

Every three months, you will receive our Magazine, published exclusively for members of the Princess Captain’s Circle. As well as advance notification of promotions and new itineraries, you will be the first to hear about our new ships. We are also pleased to share behind the scenes information with you and feature your favorite Princess crew members,- taking a peak at what they like to do when they are back at home!

Princess Captain’s Circle Center Online

Once you register for the Circle Center, you will have access to extra benefits, including our Stand By Program. We will also feature regularly updated articles on the latest developments at Princess,-like new ships, itineraries and shows. Your Member Profile is also accessible through the Center and can be kept up to date to ensure that we are able to anticipate your every need. Tell us what you like, what you don’t like, and how you would like us to keep in touch with you!

Back to the top >>

cc_mp_plat_mem_mendoza.gif

Complimentary Cruise Atlas

Every year you will automatically receive a copy of our Princess Cruise Atlas. With details on all itineraries and sailings for the year, you will be able to plan ahead easily!

Free upgrade to TravelCare Gold

As a Platinum member, when you purchase our Standard Travel Care travel protection plan, we will automatically give you a free upgrade to the Gold package,- that’s double the cover - on us!

Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. If you are a Platinum member, you and your family or guests will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

Platinum Members Lounge

In recognition of your loyalty, and to make your last morning with us more enjoyable, we invite Platinum members to use the Platinum Members Lounge, offering light refreshments and peace while you await disembarkation.

Complimentary Internet Packages

Each Platinum Member will receive a credit towards the purchase of a package in our Internet Cafés.

$75 for voyages of 7 days or less (equivalent to 150 minute package)

$100 for voyages of 8-20 days (equivalent to 250 minute package)

$200 for voyages of 21 or more days (equivalent to two 250 minute packages)

You can use your credit towards a larger package if necessary, or enjoy all those minutes - compliments of the Princess Captain's Circle!

(Does not include wireless internet access; effective on voyages beginning on or after April 1, 2007)

Back to the top >>

cc_mp_elite_mendoza.gif

PREFERRED SERVICES PACKAGE

Priority Tender Embarkation

As a well-traveled guest with Princess, you have the opportunity to travel ashore quickly and without waiting in line. Simply present your Priority Tender Ticket directly at the gangway instead of waiting with other passengers in the lounge area. You will then join any remaining passengers and board the tender as soon as it is clear to embark.

Priority Disembarkation

You'll be contacted towards the end of your cruise by the Circle Host to determine approximately what time would be most convenient for your disembarkation. If you'd like to linger onboard longer, we'll be more than happy to give you a later disembarkation group. If you'd like to be one of the first groups to disembark, we'll gladly accommodate - the choice is yours!

Shoe Polishing Service

Your shoes will be polished upon request - this service is complimentary.

Complimentary Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services

Upon request, your cabin steward will organize your laundry to be cleaned - compliments of Princess Captain’s Circle!

ELITE CABIN AMENITIES PACKAGE

Complimentary Mini Bar Set Up

Your stateroom will receive one mini bar set up according to your personal preferences. If no preferences have been indicated in your Member Profile, the standard selection will be given. Drinks will be refilled upon request and you will only be charged for the additionally requested drinks consumed.

Deluxe Canapes Selection

You may receive, upon request, a complimentary selection of deluxe canapés specially created by the Chef, delivered to your stateroom on formal night. This benefit can be ordered through room service and should be requested at least 6 hours prior to the desired delivery time.

Afternoon Tea

Complimentary afternoon tea may be served in your stateroom, should you wish. You may request this via room service at least 6 hours prior to the desired delivery time.

Upgraded Bathroom Amenities

Your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities reserved for Suite guests.

PREFERRED DISCOUNT PACKAGE

10% Boutique Discount

Our Boutiques are second to none for choice and gift selection. Now, as an Elite Member, take advantage of a 10% discount storewide to buy those extra gifts for all your family back home! Your Cruise Card is your key to this wonderful benefit,- simply show it when you make any purchase, and our Boutique Staff will automatically deduct 10% from your purchase price.

Complimentary Wine Tasting

Our Wine Tasting Events are popular and many of our members attend, so we have made arrangements to pick up the cover charge for you! Space is limited at these events so, should you wish to attend, you must confirm with the Circle Host who will contact you at the beginning of your cruise.

Back to the top >>

So on Princess the only substantial package is the Internet package? And some minor benefits. No balcony discounts etc?

Anybody got Carnival or NCL?

We have sailed a few times as you can see from below.

We will be diamond after our panama canal in Feb.

We are looking foward to the balcony discount to be together with the great people we have met and plan on sailing with again. Most of them take balconys. In the past we would take the cheapest cabin so we could sail more often. Diamond will now let us sail with these friends and get rooms near them at a fare we can afford.

Hey I am in Holbrook off of Patchogue-Holbrook, where are you?

Archived