Big Changes Coming to RCCL's Loyalty Program

We have had access to the CL since its inception and none of the ships that we have been on have had free internet. Brilliance is operated by RCI/UK and could have been different early on but even on our cruises on Brilliance we have not had free internet.

I was just looking at your future cruises. Isn't our Brilliance on April 14? (You have April 18):p

Marilyn

for what its worth...........I just spoke with a C&A person who said the entire C&A staff got a corporate email this morning stating there is no truth to the discussion on the CC board as to a possible change in the requirements for each level.

GOTTA BE the best news we've heard lately!!!

Rick and Deirdra

It was free for 2 of my sailings on Brilliance. I would say back in 04-05 probably........can't remember the exact years for certain. The last 2 years, 06 & 07, were not free.

I can remember for those 2 years I would go up before bed to use the computer and you just sat down and logged on......no fee & no time limit.

It was dark & deserted...nobody but me there! :)

No free internet in the CL on the Serenade May 2004......

for what its worth...........I just spoke with a C&A person who said the entire C&A staff got a corporate email this morning stating there is no truth to the discussion on the CC board as to a possible change in the requirements for each level.

You were lucky then. I was on the Brilliance in 05 and the Radiance in 04 also Serenade in 05 and 07. I can assure you I had to swipe my card and it certainly wasn't free.

Marilyn

Yes, I was lucky for those 2 years in a row. That's when the following year, I had to swipe my card & pay, I was upset!!!! :eek: I even mentioned it to the Concierge and she said that they changed and took away the free internet. Bummer.

It was free for 2 of my sailings on Brilliance. I would say back in 04-05 probably........

I can remember for those 2 years I would go up before bed to use the computer and you just sat down and logged on......no fee & no time limit.

I was on the Brilliance in 05 and I can assure you I had to swipe my card and it certainly wasn't free.

Marilyn

Gone on the Brilliance twice at year from 2002, and never had a free internet in the Concierge!!!!:confused:

Amazing how some paid and some didnt (same ship,same time frame:confused: :confused: )

It is puzzling! I'm sure nobody would make up such a story, or tell a fib, so I have no idea why some had to pay and some didn't. :confused: :confused:

All I know is that for 2 years in a row, the internet in the late evening in the Concierge Lounge on Brilliance was free. That's why I was so surprised the following year to have to pay!!

We were slowly but surely striving for Platinum....thus not booking on other lines. But this will certainly make us consider other cruiselines. Sometimes their itinery is more appealing anyway for less money. Gee...what NEXT????

Same here. Cruising for the expierence and save money, too.

Are they changing Platium as well? My DH and I will be platium after this years cruise.

Ditto!

I'd rather they move the lounge to a higher level and leave the levels alone. But, as you say, they have already made the decision. Heard the same from my GF in November.

Bummer, I had just switched to RCCL and was going for it. Just decided to buy the RCL stock instead of the CCL too:)

I'd like to see them go to days sailed. I was on Monarch with someone with 80+ cruises, they lived by the port. Most all are 3/4 day cruises. While others take the 7 to 10 day cruises as they have to fly and don't get to the same status. I know I'd go back to the longer cruises:)

Ditto!

I'd rather they move the lounge to a higher level and leave the levels alone. But, as you say, they have already made the decision. Heard the same from my GF in November.

Bummer, I had just switched to RCCL and was going for it. Just decided to buy the RCL stock instead of the CCL too:)

I believe someone posted that the original idea of them changing the levels was false and not going to happen.

Vicki coming onboard as head of sales might have changed things, too. We'll just have to wait and see what happens after she's been there a while.

I'm sure both posters believe their source to be reliable or they wouldn't have posted the info.

Today or tomorrow or sometime in the not too distant future the program will have to change. We love the perks of Diamond and are happy to have made it to this level. The situation on the Brilliance last week was very interesting. Because there were not alot of D/D+ onboard it was decided to just use the CL on Deck 10; it was packed, standing room only. We were very uncomfortable sitting when we did find seats because people older than us were standing; naturally, we would give up our seats. On the fifth day, the Concierge decided to open the satellite lounge (Odessy Lounge Deck 13th) -- what a pleasure! Love vistas, pleasant surroundings and the opportunity to meet and talk to other people. It was only open from 4:30 to 6:00 but it took a tremendous stress off the CL on Deck 10. Throughout the week, the talk of what RCI will do to address the problem came up several times and the concensus was that a change is inevitable.

I would hate to lose the CL as it is a perk we had greatly looked forward to and immensely enjoyed.

Kathy

Have been on the Brilliance several times (most recently last month on the transatlantic cruise) and many other RCI ships that have concierge lounges. We have never seen free internet service on the concierge lounges and every computer has the usual slot where you must swipe your cruise card. Of course if you are Diamond you do get coupons for internet credit and anything up to that amount would be free (assuming you submit the coupons to the purser to get your credit). The other possibility is that somebody used the internet terminal and forgot to log-out meaning that the next users would be using the other person's account (we have seen this a few times). In fact, during our Dec. cruise on the Brilliance I saw a lady leave a terminal in the concierge lounge without logging-off and when I warned her, she said nobody had ever told her she had to log-off. Go figure.

Hank

There was recent post about folks living near port, especially Florida, taking LOTS of short cruises, Husband always jokes that when they give away the prize for the most cruises, there should be a distinction of those in Florida and those out of Florida. :)

M

I spoke with a supervisor and she said that Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have NO KNOWLEDGE or KNOW OF ANY PLANS to Change the Loyalty program! She told me it took a long time to get Celebrity and Royal Caribbean to agree on rewarding passengers who sail on either line! I was told by her that Corporate will not be implementing any changes to the program! She thinks possibly a Conceirge on one of the ships wants this done because of allowing Diamond Members to be in the private Conceirge Lounge and it is possibly more work for them! I was told that this is another perk when you reach the Diamond and D plus levels to enjoy the CL! She asked me to post this information and tell others not to pay any attention to any of this as they are just RUMORS on the CC boards! I sure hope this is accurate what she told me because Hubby and I need only 1 more cruise and then we will be Diamond members! I have had a very busy morning replying to many posts and calling the C&A dept. and I think I need a break from these boards until later today or tomorrow!!! Happy Sailings, Happy C&A Loyalty Program and Bon Voyage!!! Melissa

I spoke with a supervisor and she said that Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have NO KNOWLEDGE or KNOW OF ANY PLANS to Change the Loyalty program! She told me it took a long time to get Celebrity and Royal Caribbean to agree on rewarding passengers who sail on either line! I was told by her that Corporate will not be implementing any changes to the program! She thinks possibly a Conceirge on one of the ships wants this done because of allowing Diamond Members to be in the private Conceirge Lounge and it is possibly more work for them! I was told that this is another perk when you reach the Diamond and D plus levels to enjoy the CL! She asked me to post this information and tell others not to pay any attention to any of this as they are just RUMORS on the CC boards! I sure hope this is accurate what she told me because Hubby and I need only 1 more cruise and then we will be Diamond members! I have had a very busy morning replying to many posts and calling the C&A dept. and I think I need a break from these boards until later today or tomorrow!!! Happy Sailings, Happy C&A Loyalty Program and Bon Voyage!!! Melissa

I hope your source is correct, but I would caution you that until the executives make and announce a decision regarding just about anything, those personnel beneath them are as much in the dark as are we. Just as Royal Caribbean has been tight-lipped about details of the Genesis ships, any possible changes to the C&A system will remain merely rumors until they are officially announced. Until then, all personnel will be told to deny any changes are planned or imminent. Unfortunately their silence usually spurs additional and more exotic rumors, most of which may ultimately prove to be wrong, but there is no denying that the dramatic growth in the numbers of past passengers qualifying for the highest levels of C&A membership will, at some point, require some changes. Time will tell, but idle speculation, while exciting or disturbing - take your pick- serves little purpose.:rolleyes:

Saying that the concierge's want to limit the amount of Diamond members to the lounge is baloney. It's the Diamond/+ members who the concierge's rely on for their tips. The concierges become friends with the most frequent cruisers and common sense will tell you those cruisers are the ones who will tip the most. When headquarters recently tried to limit the lounge to only Grand Suite and above passengers it was the concierge's who protested the loudest and got the directive overturned.

. The concierges become friends with the most frequent cruisers and common sense will tell you those cruisers are the ones who will tip the most.

What do base this on? Many people brag about being big tippers but unless you actually see everyones tip to the concierge this is just your opinion and speculation.

Archived