Big Changes Coming to RCCL's Loyalty Program

Actually, if you are correct about the intent, then a teacher would probably criticize that as poor grammar. "Like you" would be a dangling modifier that appears to refer to a different part of the sentence than intended.

Actually, it is against board rules to criticize the grammar of another poster, so I would never do that. :)

In fact, the use of the comma makes the writer's intent clear. Any lack of clarity is on the part of a reader who does not know correct English punctuation. :)

Seriously, never tangle with Merion Mom over an issue of grammar. Just don't do it. :D

It makes no sense to make such a decision based on an unsubstantiated rumor posted by one person.

I quite agree that it makes no sense to cancel a cruise over an issue of reaching a new level in the loyalty program.

Here's an odd notion. :rolleyes: I cruise because I want to ....................

CRUISE.

I quite agree that it makes no sense to cancel a cruise over an issue of reaching a new level in the loyalty program.

Here's an odd notion. :rolleyes: I cruise because I want to ....................

CRUISE.

I can only understand going on cruises because you like to cruise...just to get points would imply the cruise itself will be no fun...maybe then not worth getting that point.

I'll admit to keeping up higher level Onepass level a few years back by hopping on a special fare over to Helsinki for a weekend of sightseeing. I got both a nice weekend in the snow and ice of late December in Finnland as well as keeping up the miles. It was kind of neat to walk by some of the shipyards there and see big ships growing from the ground up.

I'll only spend a few days or a week of my life on a cruise if I am going to enjoy the cruise or if DD or DW want a specific cruise that I may not want, so I can be with family.

We are taking our 10th on the voyager on march 9th, 2008. after that sailing we will be diamond. So if they change the rules before march 9th I am screwed. Oh----by the way, I just found out after I booked the voyager that there is a no smoking rule as of feb. 08. There will be no smoking in any cabin on any ship except smoking is allowed on your balcony. That really makes alot of sense. 2 balcony cabins next to each other and your neighbor is on their balcony smoking their cigars & cigarettes and the smoke goes right thru your balcony door. So you cant open your door because your cabin will smell like smoke. They said that if the room attendant smells smoke in your cabin that your seapass will be charged $250.00 for cleaning and deodorizing the cabin. The only thing that makes any sense in this rule is maybe RCCL thinks it will sell more balcony cabins if its the only place you can smoke.

Actually, it is against board rules to criticize the grammar of another poster, so I would never do that. :)

In fact, the use of the comma makes the writer's intent clear. Any lack of clarity is on the part of a reader who does not know correct English punctuation. :)

Seriously, never tangle with Merion Mom over an issue of grammar. Just don't do it. :D

I don't know . . . . I think I could hold my own. :D

You're still wrong on this one, after all. The comma may have made it technically acceptable, but not clear. The way you rephrased it, in your earlier explanation, is the better way to write it clearly. :p

For what its worth y'all.....I am pretty sure that CRUISEMAMI meant no harm or insult. I have met her, and she is a sweet lady who came to the US from Italy as a young woman and had to learn our language by just being "immersed" into the culture. I can see where the comment may have been misunderstood, but "the benefit of the doubt" is in order here.

As a lowly Platinum, I have enjoyed the information on this site...thanks for all your insight. I will continue to cruise and try to amass enough credits to reach Diamond before anything happens to put it out of my reach....I REALLY love Cappucino and have run up a sizeable bill with "Lattetudes"....that would be my favorite perk in the CL:D

Thanks Karen. I'm getting ready for my next cruise, so I'll see you on our regular board.

Franca

I don't know . . . . I think I could hold my own. :D

You're still wrong on this one, after all. The comma may have made it technically acceptable, but not clear. The way you rephrased it, in your earlier explanation, is the better way to write it clearly. :p

Why are you making such big issue about my writing? I did apologize, so just let it be. And I want you to know, that I have learned english, just listening to american people.........:eek:

I cannot believe some people don't have anything better to do, and I DO hope that my grammar is to your satisfaction, this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't need to responde: I'm not coming back to this board; all of this has nothing to do with cruising. :mad: :p :o

Why are you making such big issue about my writing? I did apologize, so just let it be. And I want you to know, that I have learned english, just listening to american people.........:eek:

I cannot believe some people don't have anything better to do, and I DO hope that my grammar is to your satisfaction, this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't need to responde: I'm not coming back to this board; all of this has nothing to do with cruising. :mad: :p :o

Oops. Sorry. I really didn't mean it in that way. It was just a little retort to Merion_Mom's challenge of "never tangle with Merion Mom over an issue of grammar." I didn't mean to be picking on you at all. It really was a very minor thing, that I wouldn't have even commented on, if it weren't already being discussed by others.

In fact, I noticed earlier that you had said English was not your first language, and I actually think that you write quite well (better than many native English speakers, in fact ;)). So, if you do have another look at this thread, please accept my apology. I did not mean to upset you or cause any hurt feelings.

Does anyone know when this will take effect?

I was looking on the RCCL site and could not find any mention of this. Was I looking in the wrong place? Do you know where I can find info on this?

After this summer we will be close to 10 - may consider upgrading to a suite this summer and are considering a cruise in NOV (which would make 10).

If it does not take effect until 09 I guess I could be grandfathered in, like others have mentioned.

One of the main reasons that I sail RCCL is because of the Lounge! My husband and I just love it! Plus, having your own person to help you with spa, dinning and other reservations is just a big plus. We always travel in a suite...but you never know what the future holds and we are a Diamond member also. Just don;t take that Lounge away!!!!!11

If RCCL increases the amount of Cruises needed to obtain Platinum, Diamond & Diamond Plus. :rolleyes: Would you stay loyal, branch off and cruise other lines, or stop cruising them altogether. Rumor has it that their going to raise the bar. 25 to make Diamond:eek:, 50 for Diamond Plus.:eek: Lets hear it folks, bad or good!!!!

I've never cruised with anyone but rccl, and really haven't had any desire to cruise any other line, but if they raise the amount of cruises I have to take to reach diamond, I would at least consider trying something new. Not because I am mad about it or anything since it is their right to do so, but more because I would feel like it will take me forever to reach that status anyway so I might as well check out all of my options.

If RCCL increases the amount of Cruises needed to obtain Platinum, Diamond & Diamond Plus. :rolleyes: Would you stay loyal, branch off and cruise other lines, or stop cruising them altogether. Rumor has it that their going to raise the bar. 25 to make Diamond:eek:, 50 for Diamond Plus.:eek: Lets hear it folks, bad or good!!!!

I guess anything is possible with RCCL so far as changing the rules for the C&A, here's something that was posted in another thread. Not saying it can't happen, but here's RCCL's position on the matter today:

RE: Advancing to the next level

Dear William,

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. The Crown & Anchor Society does not plan to make any changes to our tier structure at this time. Your membership in the Crown & Anchor Society is determined by how many cruise credits you earn with Royal Caribbean International. Your membership status will advance through the program with each qualifying cruise you complete. (Please note: your membership number will not change.) Advancement through the different tier levels is as follows:

Gold after earning your 1st cruise credit

Platinum after earning your 5th cruise credit

Diamond after earning your 10th cruise credit

Diamond Plus after earning your 24th cruise credit

To review benefits, for each level, please visit the Crown & Anchor Society section of www.royalcaribbean.com/crownandanchor.

Remember to always provide your Crown & Anchor Society membership numbers when booking a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation. To receive credit for your cruise and to receive your onboard benefits, your Crown & Anchor Society membership numbers must be added to your reservation prior to sailing.

William, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon

Sincerely,

LeAnn Eckerman

Crown & Anchor Society

I was looking on the RCCL site and could not find any mention of this. Was I looking in the wrong place? Do you know where I can find info on this?

After this summer we will be close to 10 - may consider upgrading to a suite this summer and are considering a cruise in NOV (which would make 10).

If it does not take effect until 09 I guess I could be grandfathered in, like others have mentioned.

It is only a rumor, at this point.

I too can't find anything about this and when I called C&A they said no changes are in the plans. As I am just starting out with this company, It matters a little but not a lot. But I would like to get there faster, of course.

Is this question based on the other thread or is this new info?

Sue,

From the other thread. I think everyone should e-mail C & A and ask the pointed question.:rolleyes: I'm going to. I was going to book 2 more cruises, now I'm going to have a 2nd thought. :confused:Call it Ego, or what ever.:eek: I will look at some other options! I still haven't made final payment on Liberty, plenty of time to back out.!!!!

As you can see by our past cruises listed below we travel with different lines but our favorites are Royal Carib. and Celebrity. Our trips are chosen more for destinations than a specific line. Any change in the C and A levels will not affect us. We are glad that we have reached diamond already though.

Sue,

From the other thread. I think everyone should e-mail C & A and ask the pointed question.:rolleyes: I'm going to. I was going to book 2 more cruises, now I'm going to have a 2nd thought. :confused:Call it Ego, or what ever.:eek: I will look at some other options! I still haven't made final payment on Liberty, plenty of time to back out.!!!!

I think everyone should take a rumor such as this one, started by one poster, with a grain of salt.

I don't think I"ll sail enough cruises in my life to make it worthwhile to stay or to switch.

I cruise RCI because I enjoy them. I haven't tried anyone else and am scared to in that the service/experience will be subpar and I will have wasted my money. If I have a bad experience or find a better itinerary with a better price, I would consider trying another line. Usually RCI remains the best deal for me, benefits or no benefits.

I've sailed numerous cruise lines and prefer Royal Caribbean. I really could care less about C&A status. Sure discounts are nice and there are a few perks, but If I didn't get a balcony discount or a couple of free cocktails, it would not change my opinion of the line. I base my opinion on the level of service and overall cruise experience on each cruise. We just made platinum, but it will take us a few years to reach diamond. If the levels change along the way, it is what it is.

Eric

Sue,

Well I am going to be Platinum in March so I am tickled. I have sailed a bunch of lines but so far haven't made it to any one lines NEXT level. Like I have 4 on Princess, 3 on Carnival, etc.

So far RCCL has been my favorite and we are sticking with them right now. But for our 2009 cruise it definitely would make me look seriously at other lines if they change the system because adding points to get to the diamond would be a lot less worthwhile to me and no longer part of the consideration when choosing a cruise.

Archived