Big Changes Coming to RCCL's Loyalty Program

It's really amazing to read some of these comments and peoples thoughts about the loyalty program. We started cruising with RCCL because we perfer them over the other cruise lines and have really enjoyed them. Achieving diamond status never even came into our minds until it became a reality. Next month we will have 18 cruises to date with RCCL, and even if they changed the program to 50 for diamond plus, so what. We sail on RCCL because we enjoy there cruise line. Booking cruises to just get some discounts or free drinks is not cost effective.

Ok, so we get free drinks in the Concierge lounge (not get me wrong, I enjoy that perk :D ), but if people are cruising to just get the free drinks, look at how many drinks you can buy with each cruise you take just for the free drinks or discounts. If you enjoy cruising like us, then that's great and it doesn't even come into play.

Currently with our CA status, would I book another cruise line, sure if the itinerary was what I wanted and the cruise line acceptable.

Please, I don't want to get anyone upset with my remarks because each persons thoughts and goals are different, and if you want the status at any cost, then go for it as it's your money to spend. :)

I guess it will be later than sooner, Another rumor hits a dead end :)

Is it not possible that the changes have been put on hold due to the uproar caused by this thread? Anyone who doesn't realize that changes are inevitable has their head in the sand. Some thing's got to give.

Is it not possible that the changes have been put on hold due to the uproar caused by this thread? Anyone who doesn't realize that changes are inevitable has their head in the sand. Some thing's got to give.

Change is always going to happen. It's what makes the world go round.

Do you really think this thread could have that much of an influence on RCL? (serious question - no sarcasm intended).

Our personal decision is made by first deciding where we want to go, which ships go there and who offers the closest price to what we are willing to pay. If all else is close to the same then the perks with RCL will tip the scale.

Marilyn

I too agree that this thread is just mere speculation, which is why I contacted Crown and Anchor.

I would not worry, as I remember "rumors" that have never come to reality. This time next year, you will be D+!!

YEAH!! That's what I want to hear! I'm glad it's a rumor.

Almost anything is possible, Anthony, but more rumors fizzle out than prove accurate in my experience. If we have so much influence that we can cause a cruiseline to postpone negative changes, maybe we should come up with rumors about changes that would benefit all of us. Of course those would probably turn out to be incorrect or inaccurate as well. :rolleyes:

It is one thing to agree that change is inevitable, it is another to claim that specific changes are imminent based on remarks from sources whose reliability is questionable at best. Any large organization is rife with rumors on a daily basis. Most are unfounded.:)

Or because of change in personnel.

Remember, RC just hired someone away from Carnival whose job will include oversight of the Crown & Anchor program.

I wondered why when we made a reservation for next month we only had 8 cruises to our credit instead of 9. Upcoming cruise would be 10. Sent a picture with a date on it to RCCL to prove we were on the cruise they stated they could not find. Incidentally Carnival did the same thing last year when we moved to the next level but they took care of it onboard without a problem. So keep a record of all your cruises such as a picture or sea pass.

The poor dead horse actually was on the booze smugglers post and passed out from drinking the confiscated hooch.

The CL is not the reason to try to become Diamond. Some classes of ships don't have them. The special debarkation waiting area with coffee, juice, and cookies on the Grandeur is the Viking Crown Lounge. Ever try to leave from the top deck on debarkation day? Big deal if they change the requirements. The cruise itself is what we strive for.

what kewlguy was told could just be a vicious rumor maybe?? Maybe the staff member did not get his info straight. Let's all hope and pray, because if this is the truth?? I am really p****d off :mad::mad:

This is true. We were told by management at a coctail party for Diamond members on our cruise last fall it was coming.

all im going to say is on our last cruise we asked the LA about this, and she said she has not HEARD A SINGLE WORD OR EVEN A WHISPER ABOUT THIS...also...IF THEY WERE TO CHANGE THE REQUIREMENTS, THEY WOULD DO IT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR, EFFECTIVE JAN 1 AND WOULD ANNOUNCE IT SOME MONTHS PRIOR...NOT JUST SUDDENLY CHANGE IT.

greg

all im going to say is on our last cruise we asked the LA about this, and she said she has not HEARD A SINGLE WORD OR EVEN A WHISPER ABOUT THIS...also...IF THEY WERE TO CHANGE THE REQUIREMENTS, THEY WOULD DO IT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR, EFFECTIVE JAN 1 AND WOULD ANNOUNCE IT SOME MONTHS PRIOR...NOT JUST SUDDENLY CHANGE IT.

greg

No need to shout.

There is not one shred of evidence this is going one way or another. It makes sense that they will make changes however this nonsense of "the LA on my ship said............being gospel just is crap.

The LA's know very little, including how to do bookings for Canadians so I put no faith in what they say.

What will happen will happen and we will know so enough.

• 3 months later...

Even though this is regarding Royal Caribbean, thought I would post what I was told a couple of weeks ago on Celebrity. The cc hostess, Roxana, said there ARE changes coming to the Captain's Club rewards program, but I didn't ask what changes, and she didn't go into further detail. She said she had received a letter from corporate regarding the matter about a month ago. So many cruisers have over 30 cruises on one line now, that they are probably changing the #s to become Elite on Celebrity or Diamond plus on RC. We are founder's members(paid years ago to join the club), but whatever the cruise lines decide, I guess we will find out the full details when the time comes. For now, I enjoy the perks provided, and hope they continue, but if I must go on more cruises to attain the higher level, that won't be a problem..........I love cruising! I don't think credit should be the same for a 3 night cruise as an 11 night one. So many cruisers add the cruises up quickly with 3 or four nighters, and get the credits. For me, I have been on one four nighter, but prefer to stay on the ship 12 or 14 nights!

I don't understand the obsession with a person's C&A status anyway.. If your ego is so fragile that you feel the need to brag about your C&A status, then you have issues in my book.

This whole thread has been ridiculous from the start. I thank Royal Caribbean for whatever loyalty perks they decide to give. Can't worry about any changes.

And certainly it is foolish to put much credence or read a lot into what hostesses and C and A person onboard tell you about possible changes. Those policy decisions are made at corporate HQ. The people onboard are there to provide customer service, which they do quite well.

What I don't understand is this apparently blind belief that loyalty ambassadors or any onboard personnel are somehow privy to the decisions being made by executives in the home office.:confused::rolleyes: My experience in dealing with such executives even in person, is that they are very close-lipped about everything until they are ready to announce it to the public. (see the reports from the recent reveal about Oasis and notice how limited Richard Fain, Adam Goldstein, and Alice Norsworthy were in their remarks about future neighborhoods on that ship).

It is not at all productive to worry about things that RCI or Celebrity may or may not do about their loyalty programs, and to base those worries on rumors or so-called inside information from shipboard sources is just plain silly. Que sera, sera. If, and when, any changes are announced we will have to deal with them. In the meantime, enjoy whatever perks you are entiitled to and remember that they are RCI and Celebrity's loyalty programs and only they can decide whether or not any changes are needed. :)

I wondered why when we made a reservation for next month we only had 8 cruises to our credit instead of 9. Upcoming cruise would be 10. Sent a picture with a date on it to RCCL to prove we were on the cruise they stated they could not find. Incidentally Carnival did the same thing last year when we moved to the next level but they took care of it onboard without a problem. So keep a record of all your cruises such as a picture or sea pass.

I had to call C&A three times with my past booking number to get credit for a cruise. They claim they cannot find past records without the booking number.

I don't understand the obsession with a person's C&A status anyway.. If your ego is so fragile that you feel the need to brag about your C&A status, then you have issues in my book.

It's not "bragging" IMO. If I purchase say 10 cruises at an average fare of $2,000, I've forked over $20,000. So if that entitles me to a complementary drink in the C&A lounge, so be it. I have a number of cruise lines to sail with, but I've sent most of my business to one of them.

If they want to offer the loyalty program, it's only reasonable that they administer it correctly. That should not be our (the customer's) responsibility in this age of computerized systems and records. How ridiculous it is to have to FAX a copy of a cruise invoice to the C&A Society?

Don't think I'm duplicating info here - but it *is* the first time I've seen the thread and I must admit I haven't waded through all the posts:o

I recently completed a survey from RCI asking about perks in C&A- which were most important to me, did I think it should go on number of nights aboard rather than number of cruises completed etc The implication was that changes were being considered

Archived