Big Changes Coming to RCCL's Loyalty Program

I just called and spoke to Jessica there and she said she hasn't heard of anything, but that she had read this thread and just laughed. She did say IF anything were to happen/change, current C&A members would be warned. So.... take it for what it's worth I guess. :rolleyes:

I just received an e-mail regarding the Loyalty Program:D

RE: Crown & Anchor Loyalty Program

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. We understand your concern regarding what you have heard, however, we do not currently have any changes scheduled. We will be sure to note your thoughts about this on our member survey so the proper personnel are aware should this change ever be considered.

Robert, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Michael Scott

Crown & Anchor Society

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? COMMENTS?

Call: 1-800-526-9723, 9 AM to 11 PM EST, Monday-Friday, 10 AM to 8 PM EST Saturday-Sunday

(Outside the United States or Canada: +1-316-554-5951)

Visit our Web site: www.royalcaribbean.com

E-mail us: crownandanchor@rccl.com

Write us: Crown & Anchor Society

P.O. Box 026053

Miami, FL 33102-6053

*** Be sure to keep your Crown & Anchor Membership Number handy and always provide it every time you book a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation to get all the benefits to which you are entitled. ***

[THREAD ID:1-5953A4]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 1/30/2008 08:55:22 AM

To: <crownandanchor@rccl.com>

Subject: Crown & Anchor Loyalty Program( ATTN: Management Team)

Dear Crown & Anchor Corporate Management: I have be told that requirements to obtain the level of Diamond & Diamond Plus, are going to be raised to 25 & 50 respectfully. The reason I am contacting your office, is to find out if there is any truth to this information. I would appreciate a formal response. I am well aware of the current requirements, to reach the different levels. I would appreciate, more than a canned response to my question. I have been a loyal customer of RCCL. I currently have one cruise reservation. I am planning to book, two more in the very near future. This will have an impact, on whether I book the future cruises with RCCL. Thank you in advance for you attention to this matter. Sincerely Robert Kriwitsky Crown & Anchor Membership #*********

I cruise RCI because of the ships mainly. While the increase in Diamond most likely won't affect me I still would cruise with RCI.

They definitely should change this crap about wives and husbands though (and any other family member) reaching Diamond status because of someone else (if true). This is a slap in the face of those who cruise and earn those benefits.

If the new levels are really implemented the unfairness would be even greater.

Its definitely true. I enrolled my kids in the C&A program last month and just received their cards today and they are Diamond members same as me!:D

I just received an e-mail regarding the Loyalty Program:D

RE: Crown & Anchor Loyalty Program

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. We understand your concern regarding what you have heard, however, we do not currently have any changes scheduled. We will be sure to note your thoughts about this on our member survey so the proper personnel are aware should this change ever be considered.

Robert, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Michael Scott

Crown & Anchor Society

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? COMMENTS?

Call: 1-800-526-9723, 9 AM to 11 PM EST, Monday-Friday, 10 AM to 8 PM EST Saturday-Sunday

(Outside the United States or Canada: +1-316-554-5951)

Visit our Web site: www.royalcaribbean.com

E-mail us: crownandanchor@rccl.com

Write us: Crown & Anchor Society

P.O. Box 026053

Miami, FL 33102-6053

*** Be sure to keep your Crown & Anchor Membership Number handy and always provide it every time you book a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation to get all the benefits to which you are entitled. ***

[THREAD ID:1-5953A4]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 1/30/2008 08:55:22 AM

To: <crownandanchor@rccl.com>

Subject: Crown & Anchor Loyalty Program( ATTN: Management Team)

Dear Crown & Anchor Corporate Management: I have be told that requirements to obtain the level of Diamond & Diamond Plus, are going to be raised to 25 & 50 respectfully. The reason I am contacting your office, is to find out if there is any truth to this information. I would appreciate a formal response. I am well aware of the current requirements, to reach the different levels. I would appreciate, more than a canned response to my question. I have been a loyal customer of RCCL. I currently have one cruise reservation. I am planning to book, two more in the very near future. This will have an impact, on whether I book the future cruises with RCCL. Thank you in advance for you attention to this matter. Sincerely Robert Kriwitsky Crown & Anchor Membership #*********

I really don't see the point in emailing the C&A dept of RCI as they are not going to say that there are changes until its officially announced. Most likely no one in the C&A dept will know of any changes until they receive a memo from head office saying otherwise. The people in the know will not give out this information either until its time to let the cat out of the bag!:rolleyes:

i just got off the sovereign this week and i asked the loyalty ambassador, who i cant remember her name for the life of me, and she said that she has not even heard of a hint of a change, and she said IF THERE WERE TO BE A CHANGE, IT WOULD MORE THEN LIKELY TAKE EFFECT AT THE BEGINNING OF A NEW YR......therefore since it is feb and nothing yet....we have atleast another yr to not worry...

greg

• 1 month later...
We were told on our recent Navigator cruise by a high level source that the loyalty program would soon be changing. The new level to attain Diamond status will be 25. We were also told the level would be raised to 50 to reach Diamond Plus. These changes have already been decided and it's just a matter of time before they are officially announced. Probably weeks rather than months. It's not surprising considering the Concierge Lounges are becoming unusable due to overcrowding.

I guess it will be later than sooner, Another rumor hits a dead end :)

You probably should have let it die a natural death. Now, I fear, rumors will resurface and once again run rampant.;)

lol, The boards are caught up with the Genesis project and the Fuel surcharge adjustments for the moment. :)

Well, if we are now given envelopes to give a gratuity to the concierge wouldn't that fall under "change to the loyalty" program? If they've had their wages cut and we are expected to pick up the shortfall doesn't that now mean we are starting to pay for the perks????????

Don't get me wrong, we do give a gratuity to the concierge as long as he/she has done something for us.

Marilyn

Well, I've been there, done that over the argument about D/D+ vs Suite guests and who has more "rights" to the CL. I had a knock-down, drag-out, spitting teeth with someone on this board about 2 years ago about this. I told the person I would put my 30+ years of cruise payments vs his couple of suites any time.

I also didn't have any problem at all with the overflow lounges, as they were bigger and less crowded.

We always tipped our concierge, usually every night, and then again at the end of the cruise.

I have to smile at the "obnoxious" repartee going on here: if those folks were in the Windjammer, we would think them rude and obnoxious cruisers, but because they are seen in the CL they are labeled first because of that status. I agree: no matter where they are, they are obnoxious, and it's got nothing to do with how many cruises they've taken. These are the same people that shove ahead of you in a line, ignore you getting out of an elevator, talk loudly in the shows, etc.

I really hope the change in the number of cruises required isn't so, but I didn't have the time to read all 11 pages of this thread. We have our 25th credit coming exactly a year from now, so we will stay Diamond and not make D+ pretty much forever! :(

I do hope any changes don't come this year. We will be Diamond after our August cruise. Regarding the issue of fairness if a husband and wife are at different levels, I don't think that could change. They would be staying in the same cabin, so they would get the discount, and it wouldn't fly if a husband could go to the CL and the wife could not!

I'm also glad that they now have C&A for kids. It makes sense and drives loyalty at a young age.

The C&A perks are one reason we stay with RCI. I know that Carnival many times is much cheaper for the same routes and ports. The extras we get help us justify the increase cruise fare.

I talked to one of the Executives/ Supervisors of the Crown and Anchor Society several weeks ago. I received a response stating that changes would not be occurring during the 2008 cruising year.

In other words, they'll be implemented on January '09 . . . :D

In other words, they'll be implemented on January '09 . . . :D

You're probably right. And that means Hubby and I will be Diamond for life, because we'll be ancient by the time we complete fifty cruises for the new Diamond Plus. So if we find a non-RCI ship or itinerary that is pleasing to us, we might as well take it because we really won't ever be able to climb any higher in Crown and Anchor than we are already.

Well, if we are now given envelopes to give a gratuity to the concierge wouldn't that fall under "change to the loyalty" program? If they've had their wages cut and we are expected to pick up the shortfall doesn't that now mean we are starting to pay for the perks????????

Don't get me wrong, we do give a gratuity to the concierge as long as he/she has done something for us.

Marilyn

Oh please don't make me go back to the beginning. I've subscribed to this thread and thought I kept up. Even seach this thread is broken. When did the gratuity envelope conversation come up? Did I miss this? We always tip the concierge and the assistants, I just didn't see where the envelope thing was mentioned. Or perhaps did part of this thread disappear?

Oh please don't make me go back to the beginning. I've subscribed to this thread and thought I kept up. Even seach this thread is broken. When did the gratuity envelope conversation come up? Did I miss this? We always tip the concierge and the assistants, I just didn't see where the envelope thing was mentioned. Or perhaps did part of this thread disappear?

It is a fallout from this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=733417

Kathy:)

Well, that sucks, big time. We will be at 23 cruises in 1/09, and a 12 nighter in March 2009 will put us at 25. Oh, well.

Don't get yourself into a dander. There have been no changes made or announced in the program. Someone posted a rumor they heard onboard. That is the about last place you are going to pick up facts about future changes.

It is a fallout from this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=733417

Kathy:)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Kathy. I've found what I was looking for.

If envelopes are available with "concierge" pre written on the outside, that just saves me a trip to the desk to ask for a blank envelope that I write "concierge" on myself.

I hope everybody relaxes a bit. At his time, this is all speculation fueled by a rumor. Until I hear it directly from RC and/or read it in black & white, I am not going to worry about this issue. I am just going to continue to cruise.

We were told on our recent Navigator cruise by a high level source that the loyalty program would soon be changing. The new level to attain Diamond status will be 25. We were also told the level would be raised to 50 to reach Diamond Plus. These changes have already been decided and it's just a matter of time before they are officially announced. Probably weeks rather than months. It's not surprising considering the Concierge Lounges are becoming unusable due to overcrowding.

Hmmm, that's odd. We were on the Navigator the week of the 25th (Feb) and were told at the brunch that all changes were rumors. That nothing had been decided at this point. This was from Carlos.

Well, that sucks, big time. We will be at 23 cruises in 1/09, and a 12 nighter in March 2009 will put us at 25. Oh, well.

I too agree that this thread is just mere speculation, which is why I contacted Crown and Anchor.

I would not worry, as I remember "rumors" that have never come to reality. This time next year, you will be D+!!

Marilyn

I hardly think that this qualifies as a significant change in the loyalty program as it effects members - concierges, yes, members no, since most of us already tip the concierge and will continue to do so.

It is certainly not a significant change when compared to much of the speculation that arose after the original posting which now, sadly, is resurfacing much as I had feared.:(

Only on this board would a statement that there are no changes planned for this year, be taken as indisputable evidence that changes will occur in January of next year.:rolleyes:

I hardly think that this qualifies as a significant change in the loyalty program as it effects members - concierges, yes, members no, since most of us already tip the concierge and will continue to do so.

It is certainly not a significant change when compared to much of the speculation that arose after the original posting which now, sadly, is resurfacing much as I had feared.:(

Only on this board would a statement that there are no changes planned for this year, be taken as indisputable evidence that changes will occur in January of next year.:rolleyes:

Absolutely not a significant change - I only meant the beginning of change. However the change really isn't for the cruisers as it is for the concierge.

I agree with your second statement about sec "indisputable evidence" et al. I always laugh when I read that kind of information. I would never believe it for a second.

Why do some posters think they actually know it all just because they spoke to one rep at C&A?

Whatever they change if they change is their decision. If and when it happens everyone will then have to make a decision of their own as to how they will handle the changes.

Why worry about something that may or may not happen this year next year or six months from now.

Marilyn

Archived