Big Changes Coming to RCCL's Loyalty Program

Probably if you read what Bill and I said, you would see that we never disagreed with you. You just seemed to make the assertion that it was only D or D+ that were rude in the CL. I have seen the same behavior by suite guests the many times I've been in the CL and around the ships the last few years.

A person doesn't become rude and obnoxious just because they get enough credits to be D/D+ or enough money to be in a suite, they were that way before.

All you have to do is stand by the Customer Service desk for a while and first time cruisers can have the "it's my cruise and you better give me what I want" syndrome as well as anyone else.

As Strother Martin said in Cool Hand Luke "What we have here is a failure to communicate".

Alright I get what you're saying.....but you gotta admit that there is some interesting behaviour to be witnessed by SOME but yes not limited.

Well time for me to hit the hay....have a good night!:)

Thanks for getting it Kathy! I always knew you were a smart woman!

And I DO know you are a Princess............:D :D

Guess we all had some miscommunication here between Bill,Paul,Sandie and myself...

OK,on to the next hot topic..:p

Why assume that?? Could very well,be the opposite.......I think(in most cases,not all),the ones with less money(those we dont get suites cuz of the cost) tend to tip better then those who do have money.....

I so agree Sandie.......we have been told more than once by cabin stewards for being DP,we were very easy going and not demanding...for instance,we're not going to get bent outta shape if we dont have ice all the time(like some complain about)...Some DPs treat the crew like their personal servants(slaves!)

I hope you are not refering to me, because I was not out of shape for not having ice all the time, (we don't use ice, so we really don't care) and I did not complain!!!!!!!! (I was just refering to some perks and stuff that are been taken away by RC) For your information, I'm diamond + and I'm proud of it, and I TIP very well. At x-mas time, I went around and give presents to the crew members that I have known for over 5 years, and had a very nice X-mas time with them.

Today went shopping, and again go some things to bring to the girls for our next cruise, next week.

We are easy going and we are not demanding at all, like you, and we treat EVERY crew member with the respect they deserve!!!!!!!!!!

If you treat everyone with respect and say please and thank you, it's amazing what you get in return. Ask about their family, where they're from, etc. if you've cruised a lot and been to their island, homeland, tell them how much you enjoyed your time there.

Don't try to make lifelong friends unless they say keep in touch.

Seems to work for us.

We obviously don't see things in the same light.:rolleyes: Yes I do believe that some people view their status as an entitlement to be rude and inconsiderate. I have seen far more people exclaim that "I'm D/D+ and .........blah blah blah" then "I'm in cruising in the Royal Suite and.....blah blah blah"

BTW....you should re-read my post correctly...........as I clearly said some not all.:rolleyes: Besides I've seen the rudeness firsthand and stand by my OP as posted!

Well no sense in arguing about apples and oranges.....No where did I say that all D/D+ members were snobs.:confused: LOL.....that would be calling myself one.....and I'm far more of a princess than a snob!!!:D Outside joke.....sorry.

Actually in certain individuals their status is directly related to their snobbishness. As their elevation of status rises....their entitlement radar rises and results in the obnoxious behaviour that is witnessed when observing such individuals.:rolleyes: If you watch people in the CL you will notice that more people use their status to get their way than what suite they're sailing in. Anyways you missed the point of my post........and that was that I completely understand the feeling of the concierge when dealing with such people and believe they have a valid point. Take some time out and actually observe people in the CL sometimes and you will have a clearer picture of what I'm talking about.

I'm really not interested in wasting time doing a head count in the CL or a survey of obnoxious people I encounter to determine whether more of them are Diamond or Diamond+ members or are booked into suites. In my opinion, snobs are snobs and will use whatever status they have to rationalize their behavior. I have, as have you, seen obnoxious people onboard ships and in the local market, and I really think that it is more than a bit foolish to try to attribute their behavior to some specific characteristic. As Paul has so correctly said "what we have here is a failure to communicate". You can continue to believe that there are more Diamond and Diamond+ snobs than Suite snobs, while I will continue to believe that the breakdown is probably more even.:rolleyes: If there is any truth to your belief it may be explained by the simple fact that, on any given cruise, there are probably more Diamond and Diamond + members than there are residents of Suites. That could account for the discrepancy that you claim to have noted.You might also want to re-read my original post because nowhere did I claim that you said that all Diamond and Diamond plus members are snobs.

I'm really not interested in wasting time doing a head count in the CL or a survey of obnoxious people I encounter to determine whether more of them are Diamond or Diamond+ members or are booked into suites. In my opinion, snobs are snobs and will use whatever status they have to rationalize their behavior. I have, as have you, seen obnoxious people onboard ships and in the local market, and I really think that it is more than a bit foolish to try to attribute their behavior to some specific characteristic. As Paul has so correctly said "what we have here is a failure to communicate". You can continue to believe that there are more Diamond and Diamond+ snobs than Suite snobs, while I will continue to believe that the breakdown is probably more even.:rolleyes: If there is any truth to your belief it may be explained by the simple fact that, on any given cruise, there are probably more Diamond and Diamond + members than there are residents of Suites. That could account for the discrepancy that you claim to have noted.You might also want to re-read my original post because nowhere did I claim that you said that all Diamond and Diamond plus members are snobs.

Oh get over it already!!!:rolleyes: We definately have "a failure to communicate" BUT its on your part and not mine. It is obvious from your posts that you cannot let anyone else have an opinion......loosen up that sphincter and maybe you'll realize that others can have an opinion thats different from yours!:rolleyes::eek:

Oh get over it already!!!:rolleyes: We definately have "a failure to communicate" BUT its on your part and not mine. It is obvious from your posts that you cannot let anyone else have an opinion......loosen up that sphincter and maybe you'll realize that others can have an opinion thats different from yours!:rolleyes::eek:

CaesarsNcruisin4me, After your first post to a thread, you might want to not show your signature (option) PLEASE!!

###

I hope you are not refering to me, because I was not out of shape for not having ice all the time, (we don't use ice, so we really don't care) and I did not complain!!!!!!!! (I was just refering to some perks and stuff that are been taken away by RC) For your information, I'm diamond + and I'm proud of it, and I TIP very well. At x-mas time, I went around and give presents to the crew members that I have known for over 5 years, and had a very nice X-mas time with them.

Today went shopping, and again go some things to bring to the girls for our next cruise, next week.

We are easy going and we are not demanding at all, like you, and we treat EVERY crew member with the respect they deserve!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see where Kathy (PH8) directed her post to you at all.........no need to get bent out of shape over it. Besides if you don't use ice then why ask for it?:confused: It was simply a comment and an opinion about the need for ice.:)

CaesarsNcruisin4me, After your first post to a thread, you might want to not show your signature (option) PLEASE!!

###

:confused: :confused: :confused: Other posters on this thread have much larger signatures than mine and have posted several times in this thread.......besides mine goes across the screen and only takes up two spaces veritically whereas some go vertically for 4-5 spaces requiring you to scroll down alot before reading the next post. Not sure what your intention was by this post BUT I suggest that you direct this post to ALL repeat posters in this thread with signatures in their posts.:rolleyes:

:confused: :confused: :confused: Other posters on this thread have much larger signatures than mine and have posted several times in this thread.......besides mine goes across the screen and only takes up two spaces veritically whereas some go vertically for 4-5 spaces requiring you to scroll down alot before reading the next post. Not sure what your intention was by this post BUT I suggest that you direct this post to ALL repeat posters in this thread with signatures in their posts.:rolleyes:

Actually I think that the setup pf your signature is what caused PhoenixCruiser´s comment. Your signature is much wider than all others and that makes your posts wider than the screen and one has to scroll horizontically to read your posts which is much more disturbing than scrolling up and down. JMHO and observation, no pun intended.

Actually I think that the setup pf your signature is what caused PhoenixCruiser´s comment. Your signature is much wider than all others and that makes your posts wider than the screen and one has to scroll horizontically to read your posts which is much more disturbing than scrolling up and down. JMHO and observation, no pun intended.

Aaahhhh.....I understand.:) Although on my screen it doesn't do that.....it appears within my screen without having to scroll horizontically. I wonder why it appears different on some computers???:confused: :confused:

Aaahhhh.....I understand.:) Although on my screen it doesn't do that.....it appears within my screen without having to scroll horizontically. I wonder why it appears different on some computers???:confused: :confused:

It´s not so much about your computer but about the size of your screen.

My desktop computers screen is big enough to not have to scroll to read your posts, while on the laptops I use it´s not big enough. You might want to think about having only two tickers next to each other. If you scroll down the posts you might see your posts being wider than all others. At least it is the way on my screen - even the big one.

I know this because I had the same problem with my signature trying to make it as small as possible, but one have to closely monitor the width as well.

It´s not so much about your computer but about the size of your screen.

My desktop computers screen is big enough to not have to scroll to read your posts, while on the laptops I use it´s not big enough. You might want to think about having only two tickers next to each other. If you scroll down the posts you might see your posts being wider than all others. At least it is the way on my screen - even the big one.

I know this because I had the same problem with my signature trying to make it as small as possible, but one have to closely monitor the width as well.

I'm on my laptop now and my posts appear the same as everyone elses...but I'll change it if it affects how others see my posts.:) I'll just choose to not show my sig for now as its time for me to hit the hay but will fix tomorrow.;) Thank you for explaining!:)

I'm on my laptop now and my posts appear the same as everyone elses...but I'll change it if it affects how others see my posts.:) I'll just choose to not show my sig for now as its time for me to hit the hay but will fix tomorrow.;) Thank you for explaining!:)

You are welcome and good night :)

WHOA~~~~~~Hold on a second.......I dont even know who you are...........why do you assume I was talking about you???? As far as I know I was commenting to Negc,Paul and Sandie......and why do you say I AM DEMANDING??????? Where does that come from???:confused: :confused: :confused: :mad:

I don't see where Kathy (PH8) directed her post to you at all.........no need to get bent out of shape over it. Besides if you don't use ice then why ask for it?:confused: It was simply a comment and an opinion about the need for ice.:)
Thanks Sandie.....looks like you and I are on the same wavelength on this thread....

Sorry to change the subject, but since I'm only a lowly Platinum, I can't comment on the percentage of Diamond / Diamond Plus members who are snobs. However, as this thread was originally about changes to the C & A program, I thought I'd relate what happened to me. Last week on the Navigator, robes were not provided in my stateroom. My stateroom attendant told me robes are no longer given to Platinum members, but only to D/D+. She did provide me with robes, so I didn't pursue the issue with the ship's crew. The amenities on the RCCL website C&A page haven't changed. But it appears changes in the program are already being implemented.

Sorry to change the subject, but since I'm only a lowly Platinum, I can't comment on the percentage of Diamond / Diamond Plus members who are snobs. However, as this thread was originally about changes to the C & A program, I thought I'd relate what happened to me. Last week on the Navigator, robes were not provided in my stateroom. My stateroom attendant told me robes are no longer given to Platinum members, but only to D/D+. She did provide me with robes, so I didn't pursue the issue with the ship's crew. The amenities on the RCCL website C&A page haven't changed. But it appears changes in the program are already being implemented.

Honestly, it is not a loyalty program anyways (according to some reports from posters).

If it is true that one time and two time cruisers are diamond and diamond plus, well that's your explanation for the lack of robes.

And the snob part: I am assuming that not the long time cruisers, those who have their cruise credits earned the hard way are the snobs, but rather those who jump from no cruises to diamond plus and think they are special.

So if there is a change it is probably rightful so. And if anybody wonders right now why the CL is overcrowded or no more robes available: look no further than to the give-away program and those who did benefit from spouses and family members and in essence took away what others have earned.

So if there is a change it is probably rightful so. And if anybody wonders right now why the CL is overcrowded or no more robes available: look no further than to the give-away program and those who did benefit from spouses and family members and in essence took away what others have earned.

I have to agree....

###

Or there has been no change and your stateroom attendant was wrong about not giving robes to Platinum members.....

WHOA~~~~~~Hold on a second.......I dont even know who you are...........why do you assume I was talking about you???? As far as I know I was commenting to Negc,Paul and Sandie......and why do you say I AM DEMANDING??????? Where does that come from???:confused: :confused: :confused: :mad:

Thanks Sandie.....looks like you and I are on the same wavelength on this thread....

Kathy, calm down. You are misreading Cruisemami's punctuation.

If she had written: "we are not demanding like you"..........that would mean that you ARE demanding and she is not. But she wrote: "we are not demanding, like you", which is the same as writing, "we, like you, are not demanding."

See?

Just ask a teacher! ;) :D

When was internet ever free in the concierge lounge? There has always been the convenience of stations on the Radiance class ships but I'm sure there has never been free internet service. The closest is the 20 minute coupons in the D/D+ coupon book.

Marilyn

I have bad news, Marilyn.

I know that you know that the coupon says "$10.00 credit for internet", and you assume that this gives you 20 minutes, at the rate of fifty cents a minute.

Well, RC has upped the rate to 55 cents per minute, so now the coupon is only good for 18 minutes. :(

I could even read thru all this but here is the reality of it...

They could make one lounge a Diamond Lounge and your seapass would reflex that for use in the lounge...

They could just put the freebies into your seapass account and let you use whatever bar/lounge you would like to drink in...

They could do away with it completely...

Personally I was only looking forward to the specialty coffee....but my coupons works...

And I will consider other cruise lines now since we were trying to sail diamond on rccl before trying any other line...

I don't seem to sound dumb, but I have 2 more cruises after the one I am on a week from Friday, then I will make Diamond. Or does it mean they scratch that and I have to cruise 15 more times before I make Diamond????

Sorry if that did not make sense, I am concerned if this is the case!

I hear you on that one, I will be D+ in May if it goes the way it is going, but if it changes before then, I will be D+ in ???

Archived