Big Changes Coming to RCCL's Loyalty Program

If the potential changes to C&A do end up being true I feel bad for the people that are close to Diamond as the difference in perks over Platinum is fairly substantial.

For those of you that may not make Diamond +, I wouldn't worry too much. The only difference is that you will not get the "not very expensive" bottle of wine...or the towel, tote bag etc. The behind the scenes tours which are the other shipboard perk seem to be being phased out. I was told on Serenade in September that they are being eliminated. So, if the current perks remain the same, you won't be missing much not getting to D+

I've seen this refrain a few times, and technically it's correct and I agree - there's not too much difference between D and the first level of D+. Just keep in mind that D+ has different levels at 25, 50, 75 and 100 credits, and some of those levels do have perks that make a big difference.

It all depends on what's important to you personally, and I'm sure many of you will argue that the 50, 75 and 100 levels are too far off to be meaningful.

I just want people to be aware that D+ has multiple levels.

I hope this isn't true, we have a cruise booked in March and July, if I could have booked a suite in July we would have been platnum, but there were none available. I couldn't even get a balcony! I hope we have a time limit to hit platnium after working to get this far.

It seems odd to change the program to make the levels higher when their pushing to have you add your kids to your level no matter the number of cruises they have taken, they just get your level automatically.

On Brilliance over the Holidays (21 Dec to 2 Jan), we saw lobster tails once....it was so small that I suspect it was a rock shrimp....no other sign of lobster for the entire 12 nights:(

Yes....there are cutbacks. Used to get (free) cappucino or expresso at dinner too....waaah

NO LOBSTER on the Brilliance on the DEC 21-Jan 2 sailing, and some perks are gone. We did not had ice in our cabin: if we wanted ice, we needed to ask for. No more lotion, shampoo, and conditioner and puff; you may get them if you ask for. No robes or slippers on the first cruise (DEC 17), but we got them on the second cruise.

We are diamond+, and we love to cruise RC, perks or not.

Hi Karen, Dan; nice to see you on this board. How is Miss Kitty?

Franca

NO LOBSTER on the Brilliance on the DEC 21-Jan 2 sailing, and some perks are gone. We did not had ice in our cabin: if we wanted ice, we needed to ask for. No more lotion, shampoo, and conditioner and puff; you may get them if you ask for. No robes or slippers on the first cruise (DEC 17), but we got them on the second cruise.

Franca

We were on this cruise. The ice thing was certainly an issue. Even asking for it could take over an hour to get. We did have robes and slippers though, but no lobster in the dining room, although Portofino's had it.

I hope this isn't true, we have a cruise booked in March and July, if I could have booked a suite in July we would have been platnum, but there were none available. I couldn't even get a balcony! I hope we have a time limit to hit platnium after working to get this far.

It seems odd to change the program to make the levels higher when their pushing to have you add your kids to your level no matter the number of cruises they have taken, they just get your level automatically.

Hey Cindy

How is the weather up there, since it's cold here I suspect it's freezing there.

I've seen this refrain a few times, and technically it's correct and I agree - there's not too much difference between D and the first level of D+. Just keep in mind that D+ has different levels at 25, 50, 75 and 100 credits, and some of those levels do have perks that make a big difference.

It all depends on what's important to you personally, and I'm sure many of you will argue that the 50, 75 and 100 levels are too far off to be meaningful.

Well, I am aware that they give a glass ship momento on every tenth cruise after 20....and they give some recognition at 50, 75 and 100, but I don't think it increments up perks in between those numbers. I haven't seen anything in writing anyway. So, I'd like to learn more.

someone posted a while back that ncl is improving their past guest program- i read some of it and it does sound interesting- plus i read their credit card is decent pts wise for upgrades or free cruise......or money off...... probably could find it in the search area here and the posts about it were on the rci board and surely more over on the ncl board-

someone posted a while back that ncl is improving their past guest program- i read some of it and it does sound interesting- plus i read their credit card is decent pts wise for upgrades or free cruise......or money off...... probably could find it in the search area here and the posts about it were on the rci board and surely more over on the ncl board-

Speaking as someone who has the Norwegian Cruise Line MasterCard I can tell you it's by far the best cruise credit card around. I even use it to book my Royal cruises and give it to the agent during check in for use as my on board account. If you doubt what I'm saying do some research and see for yourself. I even recently gave it to the Loyalty Ambassador to book a couple of future Royal cruises. The expression on his face was classic. He said his hand was burning.

So on Princess the only substantial package is the Internet package? And some minor benefits.

Hmm... well, I suppose it's a matter of opinion, but I think that most people would consider free laundry & dry cleaning. and a mini-bar full of free booze, as more than "minor benefits."

As for the balcony discounts: no, unlike RCI, you don't get a standard discount that applies to every sailing. But on the flip side, you do get special pricing on a lot of the cruises, and you don't have to wait until Platinum -- they kick in after your first cruise. I got an excellent deal on my upcoming cruise (way more than $100 off) and it was just because I had sailed Princess one whole time.

Here is Carnival's - from their website:

Past Guest Privileges Include:

• A complimentary subscription to Currents Magazine, created just for our Past Guests.

• Eligibility to VIP privileges, offering exclusive benefits on ALL Carnival sister-brands.

• Past Guest Recognition Program - features special Gold and Platinum Sail & Sign cards for returning guests. Cards will give entry into the exclusive cocktail reception (5 day or longer cruises) and help alert ship's staff to your exceptional status.

• Past Guest Reunion cruises - loaded with free gifts.

At Carnival, it is a pleasure to welcome you aboard again, and again. In fact -- starting with your second Carnival sailing -- you will become a Gold Member of our Past Guest Recognition program. With only your tenth sailing -- you'll qualify for the Carnival Concierge Club benefits of a Platinum member. And with Carnival's new Milestone program, you'll receive shipboard credit representing 25, 50, 75 and even 100% of your 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th sailing respectively. It's our way of saying "It's good to see you again."

GOLD

• Exclusive past guest offers (this is the past guest discount)

• Complimentary subscription to Currents magazine

• Vacation Interchange Privileges on Carnival sister brands

• Special Gold Sail & Sign card

• Invitation to special cocktail reception (5 day or longer cruise)

• Past Guest reunion cruises loaded with extras

PLATINUM - CARNIVAL CONCIERGE CLUB

• All Gold member benefits

• Carnival Concierge Club benefits* including:

• Personalized stationery

• A special Carnival logo item

• Guaranteed dining times and supper club reservations

• Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack or slots tournament**

• Spa Carnival priority reservations

• Petit fours and/or canapés delivered to cabin*** one evening

• Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

• Priority tender boarding

• Priority embarkation and debarkation

• Complimentary arcade tokens valued at $5 dollars for guests under

18 years of age

PLATINUM - MILESTONE

Sail and celebrate your Carnival “milestone” with our exciting new guest recognition program. Past guests who sail on a “milestone” 25th, 50th and 75th “Fun Ship” cruise will receive shipboard credit representing 25 percent, 50 percent, or 75 percent of their cruise fair, respectively, for that particular voyage. And, for your 100th earn a complimentary Caribbean, Mexican Riviera or Alaskan voyage up to eight days in length. These “milestone” cruise benefits are in addition to the other amenities and privileges of being a “Platinum” cardholder.

For more information call toll-free, 1-877-CCL-VIPS (1-877-225-8477). Shipboard credits and free cruises received for “milestone” cruises are non-transferable and non-refundable. Certain other restrictions apply.

*Benefits subject to change

**Must be at least 18 years of age

*** Must be on a 7 Day or longer cruise

In truth, there are some of us who will not be here long enough to see that many. :o

So, I am glad I am a Diamond and yes I am happy with that. :D

You must be a D+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ :D

If you check out the RCI website, you'll see the Brilliance is always listed separately with a different cruise contract.

The Brilliance is run by RCI(UK)LTD - a subsidiary of RCCL.

That's why the Seaview Cafe has a different menu from the other Radiance class ships. So, just because something is done (or not done) on the Brilliance doesn't mean it's that way for the rest of the fleet.

They seem to play by their own rules.

If you check out the RCI website, you'll see the Brilliance is always listed separately with a different cruise contract.

The Brilliance is run by RCI(UK)LTD - a subsidiary of RCCL.

That's why the Seaview Cafe has a different menu from the other Radiance class ships. So, just because something is done (or not done) on the Brilliance doesn't mean it's that way for the rest of the fleet.

They seem to play by their own rules.

LOL, For a moment I had to check to make sure *I* was reading the thread I thought I was.;)

Since cruisemiami posted some problems with the Brilliance, I just thought I'd mention that when it's posted that something is happening or supposed to happen on the Brilliance, it doesn't necessarily pertain to the rest of the fleet. :rolleyes:

Hey Critter, if you hit 9 while hearing the greeting on the C&A 1 800 number you will go directly to the D+ desk.

I knew that, too.;)

Well, I am aware that they give a glass ship momento on every tenth cruise after 20....and they give some recognition at 50, 75 and 100, but I don't think it increments up perks in between those numbers. I haven't seen anything in writing anyway. So, I'd like to learn more.

The crystal blocks are supposed to start at 30 cruises (since you're not DP until 25, after all), but some people have gotten them at 20. With the way the C&A computers are screwed up, I've gotten 2 50th blocks, on Monarch and Vision. And my 50th cruise credit won't be until March on Mariner. But I told both LAs that I wouldn't give them back, LOL. And you get an expanded list of amenities at 50, including flowers (12 roses, tropical romance or English garden arrangements), more logo stuff, better white wine (Geyser Peak Sauvignon Blanc) champagne & strawberries, more things that I can't remember. But I haven't seen it in writing, either.

NO LOBSTER on the Brilliance on the DEC 21-Jan 2 sailing, and some perks are gone. We did not had ice in our cabin: if we wanted ice, we needed to ask for. No more lotion, shampoo, and conditioner and puff; you may get them if you ask for. No robes or slippers on the first cruise (DEC 17), but we got them on the second cruise

On the Vision New Year's cruise, our cabin steward told us that he would deliver ice only in the evening. We asked him to supply it in the morning, too - he resisted a bit but gave in quickly. We found out later from Guest Relations that the mandate is one little bucket daily unless the passenger asks for more.

We did get some nice upgraded toiletries, though - not the Explorae but the same stuff that Hyatt Hotels use. GR also told us that the larger ships and ships with specialty restaurants will be doing away with lobster, but for now the smaller ships will still have it.

Heroin is a drug. Let's see what they do with that one!

I knew that, too.;)

The crystal blocks are supposed to start at 30 cruises (since you're not DP until 25, after all), but some people have gotten them at 20. With the way the C&A computers are screwed up, I've gotten 2 50th blocks, on Monarch and Vision. And my 50th cruise credit won't be until March on Mariner. But I told both LAs that I wouldn't give them back, LOL. And you get an expanded list of amenities at 50, including flowers (12 roses, tropical romance or English garden arrangements), more logo stuff, better white wine (Geyser Peak Sauvignon Blanc) champagne & strawberries, more things that I can't remember. But I haven't seen it in writing, either.

On the Vision New Year's cruise, our cabin steward told us that he would deliver ice only in the evening. We asked him to supply it in the morning, too - he resisted a bit but gave in quickly. We found out later from Guest Relations that the mandate is one little bucket daily unless the passenger asks for more.

We did get some nice upgraded toiletries, though - not the Explorae but the same stuff that Hyatt Hotels use. GR also told us that the larger ships and ships with specialty restaurants will be doing away with lobster, but for now the smaller ships will still have it.

Heroin is a drug. Let's see what they do with that one!

Jean, I think that the difference is that spammers often are trying to sell c*i*a*l*i*s, but rarely do I receive an email offering me heroin!!! ;)

Franca

Hi Franca! Miss Kitty is doing well...she almost has us trained:D

I didn't realize that Brilliance was run a bit differently than the other ships...interesting. Will be on Navigator next month and Grandeur in April, so I will have a chance to compare. We are platinum....moving in quickly on Diamond. Hopefully it will be in time:eek:

Archived