New cruise booked & first time asked.....

mitaxi

Booked another cruise this morning, and this was the first time I was ever asked what age group I request at my dining table......hhhmmm

Has any once had this yet? She said it was new....

my choices for those curious were: THis may not be exact but pretty close to the age groups she rattled off

0 -17

18-27

28-35

36-45

46-54

55-99

I wonder if they plan to mix up the ages at each table or seat people only with those who fall into their designated age bracket. Personally, I enjoy being seated with a variety of people (different personalities, ages, etc.). While I think it's nice to be asked, and would definitely enjoy meeting people in my age group, it's fun to meet people of all different ages.

I hope to book a cruise within the next few months. I wonder if they'll ask.

Have fun on your cruise!

That's strange! How in the world would they determine the age groups? I mean, I know they HAVE your age when you book, but I can't see anyone sitting down and dividing groups by age! What if hubby is old with a young, young wife? Or vice versa???? I think the booking agent must have been bored!

That is weird. I have cruises booked through 2009 and they haven't asked me that question. Wonder when it started. We will be booking another cruise next Friday when we are on the Sovereign, so will be interesting to see if they ask me that. We also like having a variety of people at our table, just don't want a family with kids. So far we have been lucky, all except one time (and we moved) we have had couples at our table - ranging from young newlyweds, to older retired people. Always have enjoyed the range of conversation.

Well to be honest it may seem like an odd question, but I do believe age does have to do with where you are seated - only because every time a have cruised with my young son there has always been other children at the same table...I don't think it is a coincidence!

We've not been asked that question either. Have booked four total RCCL cruises, and no one has asked who we'd prefer to sit with. I just figured that since they know our ages, they'll put us with a couple similar in age (within about a 10-year range). It's happened that way on the three cruises we've been on...and we've been very lucky that we've sat with such interesting people.

They do note your age range when you make your booking. If you are a crown and anchor member than they do not ask you as they have that information already. However the age groups are much wider in range than what was posted above.

For examlple when I look at my invoices from RCI under Guest Information in the age range column it says 25-45. I always book direct with RCI so they always email me a Guest Confirmation Invoice - Guest Copy. On this invoice under guest information they note each passengers name, C&A number, Dining, Departure airport (which will say "Cruise Only" if you don't book cruise air), and Waitlist Airport (if applicable).

Huh? I'm confused.:rolleyes:

The agent asked what dining time, what size table and what age group? I even said I have never been asked that. she said it was new - so I had to ask what the age groups were- upon her going over the groupings, The agent said you didn't have to request a certian age group -

Booked another cruise this morning, and this was the first time I was ever asked what age group I request at my dining table......hhhmmm

Has any once had this yet? She said it was new....

my choices for those curious were: THis may not be exact but pretty close to the age groups she rattled off

0 -17

18-27

28-35

36-45

46-54

55-99

I hope to still be cruising when there is no age group for me to pick :p

My DH and I are not in the same age group. Think they'll split us up? I don't want him sitting with younger women. Actually the put us in the younger group so I get to sit with the younger men!

Hi Barbee524 We will be joing you on the Feb 1 cruise on Majesty. We were not asked what age group. Does that make us unwanted or just special:D

When we booked our first Cruise last year we were asked what size table we wanted. (we booked directly through RCL)

Then when we booked our Cruise for this October our TA asked what size table we wanted and she also gave us an age range category to pick from. We picked the age range that suited my husband and I, not the kids!:)

I wish we could pick an age section, not just the table itself...from what is listed I'd select all categories from 28-99.

I have children (now teens) I work at an elementary school, I love children. But I'm around them so much it would be a pleasure to not be around them on vacation.

I always read about choosing the late dinner seating because people with young children eat early. Not true.....on almost every cruise we've been on there are young children at the next table. Not the nice little children who sit still and use inside voices, the other kind ;) .

Archived