Knocking on cabin door & running

This is my first time on RCCL. After approximately 6 cruises on Carnival, we have had trouble with kids knocking on our cabin door and running. Has anyone on RCCL ever had this trouble? Our last cruise on the Carnival Liberty was so bad with this problem, we have switched to RCCL hoping that we will not have this experience. Has anyone else had this trouble on RCCL?:confused:

We didn't have it on all of the cruises, only some of them. The last cruise was in September, had lots of kids on it, that may have been the problem, don't know, but we had a balcony room on the lido deck, across from the main lobby elevators. Could be the position of the rooms that we are getting. Other people on the cruise were complaining of the same thing happening to them. Also said that kids were leaving empty glasses outside their cabin doors and knocking on their doors and running off and leaving behind trash. :confused:

This is my first time on RCCL. After approximately 6 cruises on Carnival, we have had trouble with kids knocking on our cabin door and running. Has anyone on RCCL ever had this trouble? Our last cruise on the Carnival Liberty was so bad with this problem, we have switched to RCCL hoping that we will not have this experience. Has anyone else had this trouble on RCCL?:confused:

You switched cruiselines because kids were knocking on your door? This happened on EVERY cruise? I'm certainly NOT a Carnival cheerleader as I've been on both lines, but I certainly think that it could happen on either cruiseline. I'm sure RCCL is liable to have "runamok" kids on its ships as well.:confused: I've been on 5 cruises and have never had this happen, but I would certainly be annoyed if it DID happen!

We've been on approx. 10 RCL cruises and we've never had it happen. We do tend to cruise when kids are in school and still have had lots of kids onboard and a few who caused problems but never to us personally.

Another reminder to have parent's know where their children are. My personal objection is the parent's who let their kids run free in the buffet area with no supervision and no instruction of how a buffet actually works.

You switched cruiselines because kids were knocking on your door? This happened on EVERY cruise? I'm certainly NOT a Carnival cheerleader as I've been on both lines, but I certainly think that it could happen on either cruiseline. I'm sure RCCL is liable to have "runamok" kids on its ships as well.:confused: I've been on 5 cruises and have never had this happen, but I would certainly be annoyed if it DID happen!

Sorry I posted this before reading your next post, tried to edit but you know how slow this site is sometimes! :mad:

We traveled on the Mariner in July 2007 and it was loaded with kids. We had cabins near the elevator and it did happen once or twice.

Just back from Enchantment and didn't have a problem.

It could be more prevalent during the summer and with cabins that are closer to the elevators.

JMHO

I would suppose that kids knocking AND running down the hall is better than a drunk person knocking on your door wanting to get in thinking it is his cabin:eek: .....and yes, this happened to us......and I did not open the door

We had this happen on Celebrity when we had cabins during school break near the ping pong deck. It can happen anywhere and on any cruiseline.

We have been very careful selecting cabins after that and make sure we don't choose cabins near pblic areas and so far, that has worked.

We also don't cruise when the kids are out of school, so that is another option.

Our elderly friends had this happen on the Majesty on an August cruise. Kids banged on the door at 4am. Scared our friends half to death. I think you have to expect it on any cruise line, any ship and probably any time of year. We've cruised at all times of year and were always astounded at how many kids are on board.

On the Christmas Brilliance cruise, a number of passengers were upset about kids running down the hallways a couple of nights well after curfew and ringing the doorbells on suites. There were lots of people at guest relations asking why security wasn't enforcing the curfew rule for kids. It never happened to us though. I don't think it's ever happened to us on an RC cruise.

I've never had this problem myself, but most of my staterooms have been at the very end of a hallway well away from the elevators - if they knock and run they will be seen.:p

I've got to think this is a function of time of year (i.e., how many kids are on the ship) and cabin location, not cruise line. I think a cabin near the elevators on the main deck is more likely to attract kids thinking it will be fun than one down a hallway and/or on a less popular deck.

I think it's gotta be the same kids doing that think it's funny to steal the room service tags off of doors or switch them around between rooms.

It is not always kids doing this!! I have seen adults who should know better doing it!!:(

Once, on a Princess ship, my sister and I observed a group of 3-4 women, certainly over 30 years old, who were drunk, and as they walked down the corridor they broke every balloon on every door that had decorations.

Once, on a Princess ship, my sister and I observed a group of 3-4 women, certainly over 30 years old, who were drunk, and as they walked down the corridor they broke every balloon on every door that had decorations.

That is just awful, it would sadden me if a child did that but an adult.

Just got back from a back to back on the Jewel, (Awesome trip!), anyway, we had problems the first week with people calling cabins pretending to be from the pursers desk, stating we owed money. Talked with chief purser, they said it happened to SEVERAL cabins that night.:(

Too bad they couldnt catch the lil buggers. Doesnt your phone have caller ID it though...make sure you look at this first.

We had door knockers on our Jan 4th 2008 cruise on Explorer....kinda funny....They knocked and we answered and saw nobody there. So they decided to do it again a minute later and this time the DW opened the door and saw his feet while he tried to hide behind the neighbors door. She went over and looked him square in the eye and said..."dont you think your a little old to be doing this childish crap". He hung his head and walked away in shame... :D Only happend that once...Im sure he did it someplace else since she knew his face he wouldnt dare come back.

I guess I am lucky but I have never had this happen to us. We have been on RCCL, NCL and Carnival. I have been on an elevator where kids were getting off as I was getting on and they pushed all the buttons. Really no big deal to me but never the knocking on the door. Hope I didn't just jinx myself..lol

We've never had this happen on any of our cruises with Royal Caribbean but we normally don't travel during school or summer vacations.

Same here. We did talk to people though who related the guy next door would get drunk and forget his pass card to get in the room and bang on it till his wife came to the door. He would frequently get the wrong door.

Archived