POLL - Pre-Dinner Drink

MakinGold

What is your pre-dinner ritual?  

299 members have voted

1. 1. What is your pre-dinner ritual?

• I usually have a drink in my cabin.
    • I usually have a drink elsewhere (bar, CL, etc.).
    • I don't usually have a pre-dinner drink.
    • I don't usually drink at all.

Since our 1st cruise 3 yrs. ago, we have made it a point to have a pre-dinner drink st the Champagne Bar. I always order the same thing and DW has 3 drinks that she likes. We ALWAYS take very good care of the bar tender on our last evening.:)

Since our 1st cruise 3 yrs. ago, we have made it a point to have a pre-dinner drink st the Champagne Bar. I always order the same thing and DW has 3 drinks that she likes. We ALWAYS take very good care of the bar tender on our last evening.:)

If my wife had three drinks beforehand, I don't think she'd make it through dinner. :D

(BTW, I know that's not really what you were saying.)

I answered that we don't usually have a pre-dinner drink, but if I do have one, it's somewhere out and about, not in the cabin. Like, on the first day, we will probably have a drink at the sailaway party, which is, of course, before dinner . . .

Maybe I should have structured the poll differently, because I wonder if what seating you have makes a difference. We always have early seating, and I'm usually not thinking much about having a drink before dinner. On the other hand, if I had late seating, I'd probably be more likely to have a drink before dinner, because I'd most likely be out at a show or lounge pre-dinner, anyway.

If I am on a line that allows you to bring wine, I sometimes have a glass in my cabin before dinner by most often I have martini or beverage in either a martini bar or champagne bar prior to dinner (especially during formal nighrs as it makes for great people watching). Since I enjoy a variety of adult beverages I commonly have the drink of the day to save a little $$$ as well as to sample several different beverages during the cruise.

No option for us as far as what we do (or wish to do). We dine at the late seating. If it was allowed, our routine would be to make a drink in our cabin late in the afternoon, after what is a normally busy day. A nice quiet drink on the balcony while getting ready for dinner. We used to be able to do this, no longer. We would go down a little early to have a before dinner drink at one of the lounges before heading to the dining room. Coming in later on some nights I might pour a Gran Marnier or Drambuie and have a quiet drink on the balcony before bed. This is no longer possible as I usually don't decide this until after getting to the cabin. As room service defeats the purpose I couldn't do this on my last cruise with RCI. Kind of missed it actually on some nights.....

Bob, I had my Gran Marnier on my balconey in November, every night. Life is good. As far as pre dinner, we usually just kept a bottle or two of wine from the wine and dine in our cabin, so either sparkling wine or a chardonnay pre dinner. I am a Gin and tonic kind of guy normally for after work drink, and dealing with mixing a G&T in the cabin even on HAL with the bar set up, is often frustratiing because I can never seem to find a lime, and a lemon just isn't the same.

jc

I choose “have a drink elsewhere” I like to go out after I am all ready to go and have a drink. But I do have a drink in my cabin while getting ready or on the balcony waiting for my hair to dry. ;)

Yes for a pre-dinner after I am all pretty – it’s out!:p

1) While-Getting-Ready glass of champagne from bottle kept on ice in room, bought from room service starting on day one.

2) Drinks in concierge lounge.

3) Late seating dinner.

4) Possible after-dinner port with cigar in cigar lounge.

5) Possible nightcap (taken from cigar lounge) on balcony while star-gazing.

Leslie

I would have liked to see; Would have a drink in my room if I was allowed to have a bottle. It's not convenient to get a drink from room service, or bring one from the bar, so we get ready and go get it. It's really a shame people who can't hold their liquor had to screw it up for the rest of us! :(

Our first choice: Pre-dinner drinks in our cabin and on our balcony during sailway. Wonderful!!!

However, now that the "NCCL liquor police" have cracked down on that luxury, we are either forced to "smuggle" or just give up and get fully dressed

to have drinks in the CL.

So my vote is drinks in the CL....nice little quiet hideaway...but no balcony...sigh...

Cheers! :)

Our first choice: Pre-dinner drinks in our cabin and on our balcony during sailway. Wonderful!!!

However, now that the "NCCL liquor police" have cracked down on that luxury, we are either forced to "smuggle" or just give up and get fully dressed

to have drinks in the CL.

So my vote is drinks in the CL....nice little quiet hideaway...but no balcony...sigh...

Cheers! :)

Archived