LIVE from the Diamond to Hawaii

TorontoTL

I'm currently on the Diamond Princess sailing to Hawaii Feb 1 to 16th. We are on the fourth sea day. The weather hasn't been the greatest, cloudy but slowly warming. The ship, however, has been great. It is a beautiful spacious ship with wonderful staff that have been very helpful and friendly at every turn. Tomorrow we'll arrive at Nawilili our first port of call and the beginning of our 5 ports to visit. I just wanted to let future cruisers know that they Diamond is a wonderful ship with a wonderful crew. The service and food have been excellent and I have no complaints. As others have mentioned in the past, the stateroom linens have been upgraded for all classes of staterooms. There is coffee/tea service in the buffet in the morning. The coffee card is alive and well and includes all the specialty coffees of all sizes (non alcoholic of course only). Because the internet access is slow out here on the Pacific ocean I may not be able to get back to post further information. Fear not future cruisers, this cruise so far has lived up to my high expectations. Amazingly despite our full cruise, the staff have already learned my name and what I like at the bars.:D

My husband and I are on the Diamond to Hawaii March 2nd so please take good care of that beautiful ship for us and have a wonderful time!!!! This will be the 3rd cruise to Hawaii for us and we loved the other two on the Island Princess. Hope the weather turns warm and sunny soon! Will be awaiting furture posts.

We were on the Diamond Nov 07. You are absolutely right, the ship is beautiful. We had 5 great days of weather on the islands. The sea days to/from CA were dreary but the ship offered so much to do. We had excellent dining service in the Santa Fe. The matr'd is so gracious. He brought a special appetizer to our table daily. The disembarkation on this ship was one of the best as well as the easy check off (service partnered with some airlines to take your luggage to the airport). If you run out of laundry...$20 bag full was offered the day after departing the islands. Have a great vacation...

My husband and I are on the Diamond to Hawaii March 2nd so please take good care of that beautiful ship for us and have a wonderful time!!!! This will be the 3rd cruise to Hawaii for us and we loved the other two on the Island Princess. Hope the weather turns warm and sunny soon! Will be awaiting furture posts.

I'll be on this will be celebrating my 63rd in hnl this will be cruise 62 :)

Have a great trip, hope the weather clears up for you. Please do post if you get the chance. We're at 70 days and counting...

How much is the coffee card for a 15-day cruise?

The coffee card is $24.00 for 15 cups. How many cups can you drink on a 15-day cruise??? My wife went through two cards on a 16-day cruise.

Have a great trip, hope the weather clears up for you. Please do post if you get the chance. We're at 70 days and counting...

How much is the coffee card for a 15-day cruise?

The coffee card is $24.00 for 15 cups. How many cups can you drink on a 15-day cruise??? My wife went through two cards on a 16-day cruise.

crooz4fun ~ thanks so much for taking the time to post live from the Diamond!:) Looking forward to more reports. Have fun and enjoy every minute as I know you will. We were on the 12/18/07 Diamond. I still have the end of cruise blues and it's been a whole month and three days since we left the ship.

Thank you SO MUCH for the positive report. We'll be boarding her on March

17th. I'm so glad to read that you are so pleased with the ship. When I went before it was on the Island Princess, which I loved, and I've been wondering if I'd like the Diamond.

Tomorrow we'll arrive at Nawilili our first port of call and the beginning of our 5 ports to visit.

Benny - I want a blow by blow of how they get big old Diamond Princess into the tiny port of Nawiliwili. Enjoy your cruise!

Benny - I want a blow by blow of how they get big old Diamond Princess into the tiny port of Nawiliwili. Enjoy your cruise!

VERY CAREFULLY!! LOL!

I was on deck when we left Nawiliwili in October and it was amazing to watch her navigate that tight channel. :eek:

I was on the 10/4 cruise and am returning again on April 1st! I love the Hawaii run!

Hope the rest of your cruise is awesome and thanks for posting! :D

HI SpinGal, I notice you're going back on 4/1, you must hate roll calls by now but maybe you'll stop by and say hi??

I can't wait to hear more from the Live From the Diamond!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post...I remember how slow the internet connection is. We are on our countdown as we leave on Feb 16 when you return. Considering that we have had the snowest winter in over 20 years in Chicago with 9 more inches forecasted tonight....I am more than ready to go. Take good care of the ship and have a great time...wishing you sunny skies and smooth sailing. We did this cruise 3 years ago on the Island Princess and loved every day...especially the sea days.

Arlene

VERY CAREFULLY!! LOL!

I was on deck when we left Nawiliwili in October and it was amazing to watch her navigate that tight channel. :eek:

I can imagine...it was kind of scary on Island Princess!

<<Benny - I want a blow by blow of how they get big old Diamond Princess into the tiny port of Nawiliwili. Enjoy your cruise!>>

As Capt. Tony Y said, "We got her in so I'm assuming we'll get her out." It was fun to watch her sail out from our balcony.

Thanks for the update! I've been checking in on your roll call from time to time. I imagine the bartenders remember you because the BIG SMILE that lit up your face when you entered the Atrium is still there. eh? :D

Thank you for the current information. If you can, we would really like to know how it goes at the two tender ports. We have missed ports of call before because of high seas.

We will be boarding next. Hope all you guys have a great time.

Cheers,

Don

Archived