LIVE Report of the Yum Yum Man Worshippers Cruise on the Oosterdam 2-9-08

LAFFNVEGAS

Good Evening HAL CCer's WOW what an amazing wonderful FUN Day, the Yum Yum Man Worshippers have had one fantastic time. We mostly all met up before Embarkation started and then almost 50 of ys ate together in the Vita Dining Room for lunch. The Banner Wave was a huge success, we beleive we had a total of close to 70 people. It was so much fun, next up was Lfe Boat Drill where about 20 of us in slippers were all in Life Boat 16, then an extremely fun Sail Away Party at the aft. That Sail Away Party was a great success as well and so much fun to go from cabin to cabin across the aft. Of course we had lots of laughes at dinner and Hunkey Dory is one of our servers in our special section.

Meeting up in the terminal with Stacey & George aka itwinkle2

YumYumManCruise2-08-08095.jpg?t=1202626326

lunch in the dining room

YumYumManCruise2-08-08097.jpg?t=1202626390

Banner Wave with Yum Yum Men and Hotel Manager Douglas Rodriguez

YumYumManCruise2-08-08111.jpg?t=1202626435

Sail Away Party

YumYumManCruise2-08-08144.jpg?t=1202626557

You are more petite than the Yum-Yum Men. I guess your knew that.:rolleyes:

I am barely functioning without my Yum Word for the Day. Thanks for posting a picture of itwinkle2.

May we have a picture of everyone in their slippers, please.

Sunday February 10, 2008

Oh My, the Yum Man Worshippers Cruise is going by far too quickly L

I will give a brief review of what has gone on so far. Of course a good majority of us met up Friday night at Anthony’s in San Diego and a very good time was had by all. Yesterday was Embarkation Day. Checking in had a few flaws. They did not have a Suite check in line or counter which I thought was strange and fortunately was no line when we arrived but shortly afterwards there was and I would have been a bit upset having paid for a suite and did not have anyway to have Priority Check In. In checking us in she could not find our packet, duh….. Ours was not with everyone else they were with the rest of the Suite Passengers they left at the far end. I think a lot of confusion was brought on because of where they had check in for the Oosterdam and the Maasdam was using the normal area the Oosterdam uses weekly. This was also a first for us to board a ship on the South side of the pier not using the Cruise Ship Terminal. The ramp to board the ship was quite steep and difficult for those with any disabilities. Once on the ship everything went quite smoothly. We immediately went to the Neptune to drop off our carry ons then proceeded to the lower level of the Vista Dining Room where they had set up a special area for our group to all meet for lunch. This was really the first time many of us got to meet and talk. There was definitely a great time had by all.

About 1:45 after they announced the cabins were ready many of us head to our cabins to hopefully unpack before the 3 PM Banner Wave. For us our luggage was one of the last of our aft deck to receive and they did not arrive till during Life Boat Drill, so we were rushing to unpack before the Sail Away Party across the aft. The Banner Wave was really a lot of fun with a great turn out. We were right at or at least close to 70 in attendance including Douglas Hernandez the Hotel Manager and both of the Yum Yum Men on the Oosterdam. We were so fortunate the weather was perfect and it was warm and not windy.

Life Boat Drill went smoothly with many of us wearing our silly slippers along with Jim and Ruth who started this tradition.

Sail Away was so beautiful and very warm which was great, I have had many a Sail Away that I about froze because of being cold. It was also a lot of fun to have the doors between all of the Verandahs open and are still open this way we can walk across the aft. Jim and ordered appetizers using everyone that had a suite to have delivered to the aft and then it was sort of a BYOB and BYOG so the champagne was a pouring. Truly a great Sail Away with all the Yummers in attendance.

For dinner there are about 36 of us that decided that we wanted to dine together so we have our own special area as you enter the dining room it is in the far left corner. But let me tell you the A/C was full blast and we about froze last night. We are hoping it will be a bit warmer tonight.

Today was a bit of relaxing mixed in with a Meet and Greet. This morning several of us girls decided that a morning in the Thermal Suite would be a very good thing. At 1:30 PM almost all of us met in the center atrium area to have a group photo taken on the stairs. Frank brought his camera and tripod and too some great pictures which we of course will post later. Then it was on to the Crow’s Nest where we had our CC Meet and Greet. There was Mimosa’s and glasses of champagne served and just a fun time handing out a few rewards and thanking many of those that contributed to a fun cruise. Afterward on our way to the 3PM Royal Dutch Tea a few of us stopped by the Shops area and did just that a little shopping. Then headed to the aft deck 3 for Royal Dutch Tea. It is our first Formal night but since dinner is not till 7:45 for some of us Yummers and it is just a lazy late afternoon Sea Day of which it is sunny and warm on the aft verandah and a lounge chair is calling my name.

Signing off for now……..

Before I go find a Hot Spot to post I thought I would add just a bit more. Tonight was formal night and Oh what a handsome group the Yum Yum Man Worshippers are. Did I mention that one of the servers in our section is Hunky Dory. Quite a few of us decided we would met in the Ocean Bar for drinks before dinner which we did. It was a lot of fun and the ships photographers had to come over and video us because we were having so much fun. There was yet some confusions for our area of the Dining Room and still lots of crowds in the Dine As You Wish at 7:30. Our group is seated on the lower level of Dine As You Wish and is to be ready by 7:45 but some people just like to linger after dinner. Dinner was very good but Tom and I decided to call it a night after dinner so we could head back to relax in the cabin, although I will head out to go post today’s report.

Tonight Jim decided it would be fun to give both the Yum Yum men slippers. They all got a big kick out of it and when we left the Dining Room Rahmat was still wearing his slippers.

I am now just adding a bit more and sure wish I did not have to leave the cabin but there is definitely no WiFi signal back in the aft.

One other comment, this is the first Formal night that we skipped the Captain’s night thing. After attending 3 of the Captain’s Toast thing we decided we did not need to see it a 4th and also the show tonight was Rock’in Road. This was the same show we saw when we were on the Oosterdam in March 2007 and one we saw this past year on the Noordam.

Tomorrow will be an early morning, those in the aft decided we wanted breakfast out on the verandah as we come into Cabo, then 22 of us will need to meet where you get off the tenders to go for our Chartered Whale Watch. Then when we are done with that a few of us our going to Nick San for Sushi and Sake.

Think it is time to call it a night,

Signing off from the MS Oosterdam

Archived